Music discussion

Bands: E-H > Green Day

Comments Showing 1-50 of 126 (126 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jenn (new)

Jenn i LOVE green day! and if you say you've never heard of them, i will find a way to get into the internet and smack you! lol

message 2: by Austin, Music Freak (new)

Austin | 378 comments Mod
I love them too!

message 3: by Jenn (new)

Jenn YAY!! you redeemed yourself in my eyes a bit....whats your fav album?

message 4: by Austin, Music Freak (new)

Idk, I can't remember the album names XD

message 5: by Jenn (new)

Jenn lol, mine is Warning....after that they started going downhill....

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I LOVE THEM

message 7: by ♠Miriam♠, luvs Owl City! (new)

♠Miriam♠ (mirizzle) | 425 comments Mod
i've heard of them. never listened to them though.

message 8: by Jenn (new)

Jenn you should...specially the older stuff....the new album, 21st century breakdown sucks...

message 9: by ♠Miriam♠, luvs Owl City! (new)

ok

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

yea

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

They're awesome, but they always feel the need to to say F*** it anoys me! or some other cuss word!!!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

lol

message 13: by Kimmy D. (new)

Kimmy D. | 33 comments exactly

message 14: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Corran Silverlight wrote: "They're awesome, but they always feel the need to to say F*** it anoys me! or some other cuss word!!!"

not always...some of my fav songs by them dont have any swear words at all.....

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

i dont no who they r

message 16: by Jenn (new)

Jenn OMG!!!! how do you not know green day?! even people who dont listen to that type of music know them!!! lol

message 17: by Jenn (new)

Jenn GOD!!!! I HATE THE SONG 21 GUNS!!!!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

lol well yeah me too!

message 19: by Jenn (new)

Jenn lol, do you like other green day?

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah, i mean, i don't like the cussing so much but it's good

message 21: by Jenn (new)

Jenn yeah...like i said, alot of songs actually dont have many swear words....just most of the newer stuff does....alot of older stuff doesnt...

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah but it's still good

message 23: by Jenn (new)

Jenn well yeah, lol

message 24: by Austin, Music Freak (new)

Jenn, we get you hate that song lol, you don't have to yell it in every topic every 10 messages lol :P

message 25: by Jenn (new)

Jenn yes i do!!! lol. and i only said it in 2 topics, only once each....and it was only cuz the song came on the radio, and it seemed really long....lol

message 26: by Winnie (new)

Winnie | 54 comments well, I liked 21 guns...

I liked most of all of Green Day's songs.

Though, they say that their new album is just American Idiot all over again.

Idk.

But if it wasn't for Green Day I wouldn't have got a chance to get into real punk, like Dead Kennedys or Sex Pistols.

message 27: by Jenn (last edited Aug 01, 2009 09:34AM) (new)

Jenn i didnt like the new album, or amercian idiot that much...warning was their best album

Christa (is on top of the world!) (obsesedwbooks) | 74 comments They're just okay right now. A lot of their older songs are better than the ones they've recently come out with.

message 29: by Jenn (new)

Jenn exactly...they peaked at Warning, and have started going downhill....

Christa (is on top of the world!) (obsesedwbooks) | 74 comments Jenn{ bLiNk 182 LuVa!!!!} wrote: "exactly...they peaked at Warning, and have started going downhill...."

Totaly agree with you there. I like the American Idiot album, though. I found that I'm always into their less popular songs like 'Are we the Waiting?' and stuff.

message 31: by Jenn (new)

Jenn yeah, i mean, i liked of the stuff off american idiot, but my favs are all from warning, nimrod, and dookie....

Christa (is on top of the world!) (obsesedwbooks) | 74 comments Yup, definatley. I don't own all the albums but I have one of their mixed recording cds called 'International Superhits' that gives you a taste of all of their older stuff, and it's a lot better. I think it's because they were more original back then, now they just kind of go with the flow. I'm not into bands who do stuff just for pop culture and stuff.

message 33: by Jenn (new)

Jenn exactly! i have warning, dookie, and american idiot on cd....and like, the older stuff, they were green day, but now their just trying to be political and contriversial...

Christa (is on top of the world!) (obsesedwbooks) | 74 comments IKR? It's like, wtf is up with that!!! They're just not that cool anymore.

message 35: by Jenn (new)

Jenn exactly! but i will still say they are one of my top favorite bands, cuz i dont really listen to much after Warning...just a few off of amercian idiot...

Christa (is on top of the world!) (obsesedwbooks) | 74 comments Eh IDK... Even so, there are still better bands out there to listen to.

message 37: by Jenn (new)

Jenn yeah....like BLINK 182!!!!!! who just got back together!!!!!

Christa (is on top of the world!) (obsesedwbooks) | 74 comments Yey!! I'm not a huge fan of them, I perfer Linkin Park to any other Alt. Rock band. They're cool though. I'd say they're tied with Simple Plan as like the second besr Alt. Rock band, next to Linkin Park of course!

message 39: by Jenn (new)

Jenn lol, Blink and Green Day are tied for my fav, with Incubus, Everclear, Weezer and Linkin Park tied for second

Christa (is on top of the world!) (obsesedwbooks) | 74 comments Weezer is awesome too! LOL they come in third place on my list though cuz alot of their music is made just for the fun of it and there's not much meaning behind the words.

message 41: by Jenn (new)

Jenn hehe, thats what makes them great!!!!

message 42: by Jenn (new)

Jenn right here katie

message 43: by Jenn (new)

Jenn lol, your not dumb!

message 44: by Jenn (new)

Jenn lol, no your not...

message 45: by Jenn (new)

Jenn no your not...

message 46: by Jenn (new)

Jenn well...i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree...

message 47: by Jenn (new)

Jenn lol, ok then

message 48: by ♠Miriam♠, luvs Owl City! (new)

lol u guys r funny!

message 49: by Jenn (new)

Jenn i hate that song! pretty much everything after the album Warning is slightly sucky. i mean, i like some of the stuff from American Idiot, but even that is slightly suckish

message 50: by Jenn (new)

Jenn well, thats probably cuz most people dont even know their older stuff. they know American Idiot, and think thats Green Day...but actually the older stuff is almost a totally different band, a better one.

« previous 1 3