Terminalcoffee discussion

Pop Culture / Celebrities > My city is being invaded.

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments This weekend is Artscape, Baltimore's free art-music-theater-fashion-artcar-craziness festival.

For the first time, it is being held concurrently with Otakon, Baltimore's not-so-free Japanese art-music-fashion-culture-craziness convention, in which the city is overrun by people in strange costumes. Otakon is responsible for my aunt hitting Space Ghost with her little Honda hatchback. He was unhurt.
I look forward to this collision of culture.

[image error]

message 2: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments That's a good kind of invasion. It could be a lot worse. I thought maybe everyone who was planning on visiting Branson decided to go to Baltimore instead.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments BunWat wrote: "Looks like fun to me too. Also I love, love - my aunt hitting space ghost with her honda hatchback. "

Putting aside how badly it shook her up, it was hilarious. We were leaving a movie theater, when all of a sudden there was a costumed superhero running next to us. Then he jumped in front of the car. Luckily we weren't going very fast, and luckily it was the aforementioned hatchback. He bounced off, hit the ground, put his right fist in the air, and ran off in the other direction.

message 4: by Meen (last edited Jul 16, 2009 01:55PM) (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Of course, he wasn't hurt. He's Space Ghost!

That looks like so much fun, Sarah!

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments And of course, I had forgotten about it again as I stupidly braved downtown traffic last night on my way to DC...which meant I was surprised all over again to see three winged women crossing the street near the harbor.

message 6: by Hilary (new)

Hilary (renfrew) I think I need to drive up to Baltimore this weekend, the combination of Artscape and Otakon sounds surreal and irresistible.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Go to Baltimore tomorrow! Come to Philly tonight. My band is playing at Doc Watson's at 9 PM. End commercial.

message 8: by Hilary (new)

Hilary (renfrew) That sounds like fun...

message 9: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Ooh! I can't wait till I'm in Stalking Horses viewing vicinity!

message 10: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Vicinity doesn't look spelled right. I hate when that happens.

message 11: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) I didn't go this year but plan to next year. Usually go every year, too. The costumes are the best. I have a couple of photos from Otakons' past. I think I nabbed a shot of the full Mario Brothers family, too. If you want to see lemme know and I'll make some postings.