Short Story Contests discussion

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) Today's topic will be Phonebooks . Under or around 100 words, good luck!

message 2: by Miinnniiiiie(: (new)

Miinnniiiiie(: Hhmmmmmm

message 3: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) Paige wrote: "Hmmm...what do you have to do to be able to participate?"

Nothing. Just write.

message 4: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) Paige wrote: "LOL If I weren't so worried about my writing, I would, because I have a great idea, but I don't want it to get bashed too much. LOL"

You won't get bashed.

message 5: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) Paige wrote: "LOL You haven't read my writing, so yes, I would. Especially from you Davis."

No...maybe :P

message 6: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) The telephone was, quite literally, ringing off the hook. Incessantly buzzing, vibrating deep within my cranium, making me feel as if I've been trapped in a glass jar with thousands of bees. How am I supposed to look up a number in the phone-book, memorize, and then dial it amidst this chaos?

message 7: by Arthur, Live a little Give a lot (new)

Arthur | 554 comments Mod
Phone-books are for telephones. Everyone travel by air in airplanes. Right? Why not become a direct human and make a bank-account? By the sort of thing this could become, it would become much too confusing unless it’s explained, literally there'd be no harm in a bank, or the banking-guy, just by going in and grabbing a teller in a wicker and say, “I can't find my phone-book at home, but I need cash right away, deliver-up.” Saves on online charges? Or try traveling, and forget using your checks, or expensive conversion rates, add on an account at any back filled with cash and say, “I’m traveling, but may be totally lost to the way to the eateries, can you give me suggestions?” and out comes a drawer filled with crisp dollars, and a friendly smile with the directions to local restaurants everybody are dieing to try. . . .

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Gretchen didn't ever give her phone books much respect. They were used as a stepping stool, a paper weight, scratch paper, anything. She even used one as a cutting board. She pressed flowers with them and used another phone book to reach the hook she was hanging the newly framed flower on. In fact that was all you could see in her house. And yet she had no idea what Godfather's number was.

message 9: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune What are the point of Phonebooks if every person I need to find is unlisted. Come on. ak!!!

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 16, 2009 09:43PM) (new)

Who cares about phonebooks, with today's wireless internet, cellphones, and laptops you could find out anything you want. If you meet a cute guy, google him, or look up the best place to buy pizza on a vacation to New York while simintaniously inviting people to that same pizzareia. Everything is technical these days and so am I.