30 something and single discussion

Is dating in your 30's harder?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (billylanerocks) | 2 comments Mod
I don't know if anyone will even join this group but I thought it could be fun to give it a try! I find it so much harder to date in my 30's. I don't know why that is, but if anyone has theories, I would love to hear them!

message 2: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (kristensuz) I think this is a great idea for group. I think not only is it harder to date in your 30's but if like me you find yourself as a single mom, its almost impossible! I have trouble finding places where I would meet them!

message 3: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (billylanerocks) | 2 comments Mod
I imagine it is harder with children! I think we get set in out ways the older we get as well and that makes it difficult to being open to new things.

message 4: by Lesley (new)

Lesley (LesleyDNurse) | 2 comments The selection is fewer. But maybe it's more because we know what we want and find that hard to compromise.

message 5: by Sara (new)

Sara Kent (skent) | 1 comments I think that's alot of it. I'm tired of the stupid games and benefits only relationships. I want somebody who cares about me and my kids too.

message 6: by Lesley (new)

Lesley (LesleyDNurse) | 2 comments I just wanted to invite everyone to take a look at my first book that I have written. "19 Reasons Why He Really Left You Honey! (and how it may not be too late to get him back)

Here is a synopsis:

"19 Reasons Why He Really Left You Honey" is not a gender bashing book. 

This book is to prompt independent women to change and give men a good read.  

"19 Reasons Why He Really Left You Honey" is based on an experienced third party giving readers another point of view, to re-consider their "second nature" actions, that continue to produce less desirable results in their lives.

Loosely based on some true stories, "19 Reasons Why He Really Left You Honey" shows readers what to do and not to do. The language of this book is spoken in a non-preachy way that speaks effectively, and encourages today's young adults and believers of faith and love.

Feel free to go to my website lesleynurse.com and see what other readers have to say.

Here's to your dreams, no matter how big or small, coming true!

Lesley D. Nurse

message 7: by Joe (new)

Joe | 1 comments What I'm finding that's most depressing about being over 30 and single are the assumptions some people have about you. Like that there must be someone wrong with you, or that its not worth dating someone who is divorced or has children already. Life has all sorts of twists and turns and being single at 33 is my detour at the moment. haha If anyone can tell I'm still sort of adjusting to being single after so long. The lack of opportunities to meet good single people is the biggest problem to it all. Good luck to everyone!

message 8: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Soloski (briannasoloski) I'm not quite 30 so hopefully it's ok for me to be here. I find dating very hard, though, at almost 28. I just want to meet someone nice and decent who isn't into partying and is ready to settle down and be serious about life.

message 9: by Sadie (new)

Sadie (rowanheart24) | 1 comments Hello! Not sure if anyone still has anything to do with this group or not, but here it goes. Yes, dating in your thirties is a lot harder than dating earlier in life. More and more people have been previously married and or had long-time relationships and are more shy of getting into new romantic relationships when those old ones fail. I am just as guilty. I nearly married my first real boyfriend when I was twenty or twenty one I can't remember for sure. I have been dating off and on for the past ten years now and seem to be in a dating dry spell, oh well! More time for my love of reading!!!!!