Dreams and Nightmares discussion

Symbolism and dreams

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie (altbreed) | 7 comments We know there are many symbols that occur in dreams; water, tornadoes, animals, flying, etc....

What kind of symbols do you encounter in dreams on a personal level? Are they recurring? And do they hold personal messages for you?

message 2: by Julie (new)

Julie (altbreed) | 7 comments One of my worst nightmares ever was a repeating dream; in it are three ballerinas dressed in white body suites and tutus. they come onto to a stage draped in red velvet and begin to pirouette. They are beautiful and precise - their movement is graceful and it pleases me to watch them.

Slowly the edges of the stage begin to distort, to bow out from the center and taper back to the right and left edges of the stage. The ballerinas adjust their movements to account for the distortion; spinning faster and faster. each time they face me, their heads come closer to mine and my eyes act like a camera lens looking at grotesque faces coming closer and closer to the lens - now monstrosities and then moving back to just strange distortions of humanity....

I always awoke from this dream in terrible night sweats. Over the years it has faded to the background and I am thankful for that.