TWILIGHTAHOLICS book club discussion

Banned for LIFE???

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by travelmel (new)

travelmel | 27 comments Mod
Hey, I heard some of y'all wuz banned for good from the dis???? That is so JACKED UP! Can you get new names and come back??

message 2: by travelmel (new)

p.s. Pls excuse text type.. I actually DON'T text but I read too many LOLcats.

message 3: by Julie (new)

Julie (juliez) | 26 comments Mod
I probably could get a new name but don't know if it'd really be worth it.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I was banned over a year ago because I visited another board. I had never even posted on the "board that must not be mentioned". I made a couple of aliases and spoke out against the actions of the moderators at the DIS but got banned again. I then decided I didn't want to be a member of Pete's board anyway so I stopped trying.

message 5: by Julie (new)

Jennifer wrote: "Yeah, I was banned over a year ago because I visited another board. I had never even posted on the "board that must not be mentioned". I made a couple of aliases and spoke out against the actions..."

I was banned for linking twilight fanfiction. A few of us were, not all, not sure why. At least I got banned for Edward. :)

message 6: by Julie (new)

I do miss our book discussion thread though. I'm still lurking on it.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Julie wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Yeah, I was banned over a year ago because I visited another board. I had never even posted on the "board that must not be mentioned". I made a couple of aliases and spoke out ag..."

I'd be banned for Edward any day :) That's what's so weird about the way they ban people over there. No consistency at all. I can't believe they banned you guys over fanfic. Did they give anyone a warning?

message 8: by Julie (last edited Jul 16, 2009 07:29AM) (new)

Nope, no warnings, we would have passed the links in PM's if they had.

Yeah, they're really inconsistent, especially in the stuff that went down when you were banned. It's a business, they're trying to keep sponsors happy while keeping people coming to their site to generate revenue with all the ads. I don't blame their actions, but how they handle it isn't very mature.

So what happens now, do we get banned tattoos or something to show how dangerous we are? :)

Actually, I'm not dangerous enough to get a tattoo...I'll find a pen. ;)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

They read the PM's too so it may not have mattered.

message 10: by Julie (new)

We're still chatting fanfics, just on livejournal now. So it's nice we didn't lose that.

Yeah, I've heard they read the PM's too.

message 11: by Justine (new)

Justine Middleton | 3 comments Mod
Oh, wow I had no idea. I just knew they shut down the thread. Sorry they can be very inconsistent. Seems like a warning would have been better.

message 12: by travelmel (new)

Julie wrote: "I do miss our book discussion thread though. I'm still lurking on it."

I miss you too!