Harry Potter Lovers discussion

Who wants to talk about the Movie???!!!!????

Comments Showing 1-50 of 115 (115 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I saw it at midnight and it was AWESOME!!! Did anybody else see it??? what was your fave part???

message 2: by ♫ Tina ♫ (new)

♫ Tina ♫ | 78 comments Same here i saw it at midnight and totally luvvd it!! my fave part..hmm...thtz a very hard one! i think one of my fave parts was when ron and harry were talking about Ginny's and Hermione's skin...tht was interesting.. i thought it was the best harry potter by far and the funniest!!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I loved that part too!! I thought the part when ron was in love with Romilda was really hilarious too!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

his facial expressions are so funny!

message 5: by ♫ Tina ♫ (last edited Jul 15, 2009 04:49PM) (new)

♫ Tina ♫ | 78 comments yeah! and in professor slughorn's classroom when hes under the love potion's spell he is like playing with the pillow in the background and falls off the sofa!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

he's so cute when he's under a love potion!!!

message 7: by Hazem (new)

Hazem | 933 comments Mod
rabia have u seen it..its not in stores yet..they set it will be till friday.

message 8: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 67 comments Yeah the love potion scene was really good! And I liked the sound effects when Ron was playing Keeper and kpet hitting the Quaffle with his head! :D Rupert is soooo cute and funny!

message 9: by Hazem (new)

Hazem | 933 comments Mod
u'r a girl act like them....MUAAWAHAHAAHAHAHAH (EVIL LAUGH)

message 10: by ♫ Tina ♫ (new)

♫ Tina ♫ | 78 comments Rabia wrote: "So do you guys thnk that it is the best one so far?"

given!

message 11: by James (new)

James | 57 comments I saw the movie and thought to my self is Ron and Hermione a couple now? So please tell me are they going out now?

message 12: by ♫ Tina ♫ (new)

♫ Tina ♫ | 78 comments do u want me to spoil it for u James?

message 13: by James (new)

James | 57 comments yes!!!

message 14: by ♫ Tina ♫ (last edited Jul 16, 2009 02:34PM) (new)

♫ Tina ♫ | 78 comments James wrote: "yes!!!"

***SPOILER***

yeah in the end of the deathly hallows they get married! in the 6th book they didn't make it as obvious as they did in the movie that ron and hermione liked each other..

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey! don't tell them! read the book and find out for yourselves!

message 16: by Hazem (new)

Hazem | 933 comments Mod
yea !! they should be capable of reading. !

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Hazem wrote: "u'r a girl act like them....MUAAWAHAHAAHAHAHAH (EVIL LAUGH)"

What do I act like then???????

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Britty wrote: "he's so cute when he's under a love potion!!!"

And that part was so funny when he met Slughorn while going to Hagrids!!!!!!!!!

message 19: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 67 comments Britty wrote: "Hey! don't tell them! read the book and find out for yourselves! "

It's really dumb if someone joins the group but hasn't read the books...

message 20: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 67 comments Ok, I just didn't want to offend anyone. It's sorta annoying >:(

message 21: by ♫ Tina ♫ (new)

♫ Tina ♫ | 78 comments yupp!!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol..yeah!!

message 23: by Lavanya, Magical Muggle (new)

Lavanya | 356 comments Mod
Yeah, so I just saw the movie a couple days ago. And here are my thoughts about it:

The actors did a good job, specifically Tom Felton, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, and Micheal Gambon (for once I could appreciate him as a Dumbledore, except when he said stupid things like, "So I can't help but wonder, are you and Miss Granger?" or "Harry, you need to start shaving, m'boy!" lol. The humor was good, the romance was lovely, and the drama was excellent. I just nearly burst into tears when Malfoy had to do his job; you have to feel sorry for the kid. And Dumbledore's death was just so heartbreaking, even if it was planned...and I was expecting it. The movie could have been better and more honest to the book, but apart from that I have no regrets. When the dead peoples from the lake grabbed Harry, it was so dramatic, everyone in the theater screamed, seriously, not exaggerating! And many people were laughing at the humorous scenes, and some people cried at all the emotional scenes. :P

And I love the guy who played Cormac McLaggen....lol, so handsome. Wish they had included Dumbledore's funeral, Dobby, and mentioned all the horcruxes as well as put an emphasis on them... but... oh, well. The music in the background was good - they should have incorporated the original Harry Potter theme though, that would have been nice. Since the composer from 1,2,and 3, is a different from Nicholas Hooper who did movies 5, and 6. But apart from that music score was excellent. The sets were amazing, just like I imagined - again more color would have been nice instead of the gray skies, but that's how they show drama...I guess. Let's just say that I'm anxious to get it on DVD. I'd say better than the 5th as far as accuracy in playing the role of the character. And even though many lines in the 6th movie weren't in the book, I think it was good that they developed the romance a little so it's easier to understand why Hermione is supposed to end up with Ron NOT Harry because she never loved Harry that way. Then there are little things like Flictwick and Choir practice when he's supposed to be out there teaching Charms. I could go on and on but haha, I'll stop!

This movie is probably one of my favorites, because it captured the various elements of the book, and told all the characters' stories. Not just Harry's, but Ron's, Hermione's, Dumbledore's, Malfoy's etc... As I said twice before, the only way they could have made the movie better is by including all the scenes NOT shown in the movie(absence of Dobby, Dumbledore's funeral, a mini-battle at the end, Bill getting clawed at and Fleur still loving him!), and sticking to the book more...like avoiding scenes like the Burrow burning down, which never happened. Or making Tonks and Lupin like a married couple already.

message 24: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 20, 2009 11:51AM) (new)

You are right!!!Its like you could read my thoughts, cause I was discussing the movie with my family and we had the same point of views!!!!!!And you're right I felt REALLY sorry for Draco especially when he went to the bathroom and started crying!!!!I mean I didn't feel that sorry for him in the book!

About the Missing parts, yes they should have shown the funeral, my cousin also thought they should have shown the first chapter"The Other minister". At times Dumbledore DOES say quite random and funny things that I never imagined he would say, like you pointed out the shaving thing. One thing about the movie that annoyed me was that it seemed Kind of obvious that Ginny liked Harry and it wasn't like that AT All IN the book!!!!

All the same I liked the movie, it wasn't bad, though I was disappointed by the beginning, even though Hazem had said that it would start by Harry flirting with a waitress I didn't imagine that they would ACTUALLY do that, I just didn't want to believe it, But like I said it was a good movie!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Poor Draco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

lol...Yeah that was odd they should have showed Harry at least a little sad and it REALLY annoyed me that Ginny was like that!!!!!!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

That was when the weasleys house burned down right???

message 28: by Pandy (new)

Pandy Just before that, yeah. I love the movie, it's now my favorite. I agree with pretty much everything Lavanya said. I don't necessarily think the movie would have been better if they had tried to include a lot more than they did from the book, but I would have loved to see the memory of the Gaunts or a DADA class instead of the Burrow attack.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I wish they did show the memories because they were such a big part in the book...

message 30: by Pandy (new)

Pandy DH can still be good. I wish they had shown the memories too, though. The connection between Harry and Voldemort's mind can be used to track the Horcruxes, as for the rest of the information from the memories, the movies can do without it.

message 31: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) Britty wrote: "I saw it at midnight and it was AWESOME!!! Did anybody else see it??? what was your fave part??? "

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 32: by Hazem (new)

Hazem | 933 comments Mod
i watched it..in my opinion its was the best one ever...my fave scene was Ron and harry fighting over the potion book..

message 33: by Hazem (new)

Hazem | 933 comments Mod
Rabia wrote: "Yeah and when she was tieing Harry's shoe laces, that was so annoying."

also when she was making him eat a cookie or whatever by her own hands,...that was stupid.

message 34: by Lavanya, Magical Muggle (new)

Hazem wrote: "Rabia wrote: "Yeah and when she was tieing Harry's shoe laces, that was so annoying."

also when she was making him eat a cookie or whatever by her own hands,...that was stupid."

Haha - that was ridiculous!

message 35: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) loulz

message 36: by Pandy (last edited Jul 21, 2009 05:14PM) (new)

Pandy I love the "After the Burial" scene. It's starts off so funny when Harry says "Hi!" to a couple of random people (Ginny & Dean? - I can't remember). And also when Slughorn says "Harry!" and Harry replies "Sir!" Dan is really is funny. I like it when he imitates the spider pincers and answers "Yeah!" when Slughorn asks if Aragog had family. Not to mention him clapping when Slughorn and Hagrid finish singing.

message 37: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) yup!!

message 38: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 67 comments Yeah that was really funny. I saw him on an interview once for this acting thingy, and the dude was asking what was the most embarrassing thing he's ever done and Dan replies, "Well one time, my friend and I were discussing the paintings of Napolean (you know, when he has his hand inside his jacket), and I said to my friend, 'What's Napolean's first name?' My friends replies, 'Napolean.' So I said, 'So what, his name is Napolean Napolean??'"
It was hilarious!

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) I saw it on the last showing of that day...9:30 all the way! I felt uber sorry for Draco, but I was a small fan of him in a corner of my heart that hasn't been posessed by Kingdom Hearts. For some strange reason during Dumbledore's death I was laughing and getting weird looks from my friend, I don't know death was found funny, once again. The bird dying was one of the only sad scene I could find. Ginny...hmm...not much to say on her. Arry Otter(inside joke Xp) wasn't as angsty as I thought he would be...where's the angst? Quit smiling and angst...Let's not forget Lavender, creepy, creepy girl, her chose in clothes...and that ribbon...and just her in general...T-T
I also found those things that dragged Harry in to the water looked cute on land and ugly in water.
Meh...But it was funny and that's all that matter...I had many good laughs.

The beginning wasn't all that great. >-<

message 40: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 67 comments WHAT? YOU DIDN'T FIND DUMBLEDORE'S DEATH SAD?? AND THOSE INFERI CUTE?????

message 41: by Lavanya, Magical Muggle (new)

The beginning was really stupid. Harry was like fascinated by that Muggle - it was so stupid.

message 42: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 67 comments Yeah that was really random and totally not true to Ginny!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

To tell the truth I was also laughing when Dumbledore died cause Bellatrix seemed SO happy, you know laughing around and Dancing....I was watching it with my cousins and they looked at me like He just died!!!And you're laughing!!!

message 44: by Kyla (new)

Kyla | 78 comments Hi! CAn somebody give me an overall view of the movie beside the fact that it was awesomely awesome or the fact that it was cool. I mean knowing it was Harry Potter you guys are totally right about that! But I'm gonna see it with my friends this Friday and I wanna know if its worth watching. Do you guys think it ripped off the book in any way? I hope not

message 45: by Mangolassiman (new)

Mangolassiman ROX!!! | 110 comments the movie was ok but the middle was a drag...
it was totally the funniest!!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

It was really good, but I expected more!!

message 47: by Hazem (new)

Hazem | 933 comments Mod
so u all have seen the movie.. i watched it too..but many scenes that were in the trailer were not in the movie... like snape saying ITS OVER after or before killing dumbledore... also the scene in which trio are walking in the grounds..

message 48: by Mangolassiman (new)

Mangolassiman ROX!!! | 110 comments dumbledores death was strange he fell with a smile

message 49: by Mangolassiman (new)

Mangolassiman ROX!!! | 110 comments :(

message 50: by Pandy (last edited Jul 23, 2009 11:09AM) (new)

Pandy I think the movie is the best HP movie yet. It is much better than I expected in most parts and has a lot of dialogue close to the book. I don't think it ever drags and it's nice to have a blockbuster without things blowing up every other minute. There are so many a hilarious scenes,and just a few stupid ones. The acting is superb.

I'm glad they cut the courtyard scene with the trio, despite the fact I love the line: "I don't need luck, I'll be with Dumbledore." If they had kept that scene in, it would mean that the trio knew much more about the vanishing cabinet and the Room of Requirement. Given their characters, they would attempt to do something, like in the book, when Harry tells them to keep watch over the RoR, Malfoy, and Snape. This being the case, cutting the battle would not really be justifiable. Since they did cut the battle, it's best if the trio doesn't know anything besides the fact that Malfoy asked about a cabinet that's still in Borgin and Burkes.

« previous 1 3