Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

For the Blogless > Karen B's Readathon Home October 2016

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathryn CA (new)

Kathryn CA (kathrynlouwca) | 1622 comments Mod
This thread is for Karen B's mini-challenge answers and updates and so we can cheer her on!

message 2: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 308 comments Using this thread for October 2016 read-a-thon

message 3: by Kathryn CA (new)

Karen B. wrote: "Using this thread for October 2016 read-a-thon"

Karen - Sorry, meant to message you back. You asked about the URL to use for mini-challenges... What you need to do is right click on the time/date for the message and then click to copy the link. Then paste it on the mini-challenge link place. That will link the mini-challenge directly to your response. I hope that makes sense. Let me know if you have any other questions.

message 4: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 308 comments I'm so confused again. sorry about that. How do I add Oct. 2016 to the title of the thread? So I add the url for the page and the date/time of the message?

message 5: by Kathryn CA (new)

Karen B. wrote: "I'm so confused again. sorry about that. How do I add Oct. 2016 to the title of the thread? So I add the url for the page and the date/time of the message?"

I changed that for you.

No. For the URL you right click on the date stamp of the message. When you do that, a menu comes up. Select the option "Copy Link Address". That is the URL you will use for the challenge. For example (using your hour 12 mini challenge). Right click on: Apr 23, 2016 04:29PM . When you do that, select "Copy Link Address". Then you would go to where the mini-challenge is and paste that link there. For this example that link would be: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 6: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 308 comments got it.

message 7: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 308 comments just to teach myself how did you add October 2016 to the url?

message 8: by Kathryn CA (new)

Karen B. wrote: "just to teach myself how did you add October 2016 to the url?"

I think that actually I created this thread for you originally and so you can't change it, only me. If you want to create a thread for yourself, however, you would be able to change that thread name.

message 9: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 308 comments kate, just a reminder : you said you would delete my entries from last October and April. Thank you

message 10: by Kathryn CA (new)

Karen B. wrote: "kate, just a reminder : you said you would delete my entries from last October and April. Thank you"

Thanks for the reminder. Will do so now.

message 11: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 308 comments 1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today?

1. New Jersey USA
2. any of them
3. apples
4. This is my 3rd Read - a- thon
5. I will go easier on myself - less pressure

message 12: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 308 comments Challenge 2: Six word story
Halloween
Black Cat
Found
Forever Home.

message 13: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 308 comments Challenge 3:
bookish other half

I don't have one bookish other half; but I really relate to female sleuths who have cats and the cats help them solve the the mystery

Robin (Saturndoo) (scoobydoo0811) | 236 comments Go Reader Go!!!! Hope you are enjoying all of your books.

Keep reading and have fun :)

message 15: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 308 comments I am getting so frustrated because it seems most of the mini challenges involve posting pictures and I don't post photos on the computer.

message 16: by Kathryn CA (new)

Karen B. wrote: "I am getting so frustrated because it seems most of the mini challenges involve posting pictures and I don't post photos on the computer."

Sorry about that, Karen, though I understand that. I don't do those mini-challenges either. But don't let it get you down. Just enjoy what you can do and your books.

message 17: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 308 comments thanks Kathryn. I just needed to get it out ... you know how it is when you get to a point in reading and every little thing bothers you. *LOL*

message 18: by Kathryn CA (new)

Karen B. wrote: "thanks Kathryn. I just needed to get it out ... you know how it is when you get to a point in reading and every little thing bothers you. *LOL*"

I certainly understand that. Everyone needs to vent from time to time.

message 19: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 308 comments I loved the hour 15 mini challenge... to get up and move for five minutes. It was great! I even set the timer. I know I will do this again as the night progresses!

Colona Public Library (colonapubliclibrary) | 214 comments Karen B. wrote: "I loved the hour 15 mini challenge... to get up and move for five minutes. It was great! I even set the timer. I know I will do this again as the night progresses!"

This seems like a challenge that should be next year! What a great idea! ~Ashley