TV We've Just Watched discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 127 (127 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I know there are couple fans out there who enjoy the view on the show. ;-)

I'm so behind. I've been DVRing this season and slowly making my way through it.

message 2: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I freaking love this show.
I lived in Manhattan and Brooklyn, and have always lived near a firehouse, sirens screaming all hours of the day and night. And some family members are FDNY so I've spend a little time in the houses. Let me tell you, this show is spot on for the way the guys act and talk to each other. They have a tightly knit brotherhood. Hard drinking, hard working, hard fighting, foul-mouthed, womanizing men.
And I must say, I am so pleased that some whiner didn't cry about how politically incorrect this show is. It's life, and life ain't politically correct.
And neither is FDNY.
And I have a huge crush on Tommy Gavin, like, who doesn't?

message 3: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I'm sure somebody had issue with the show. Heck when it first started even I was shocked by the language and what not. But thankfully the show is holding strong!

I'm still catching up on the season. Last night I just watch the episode in which at the end Shawn is put under to prep for surgery and the nurse along with himself start singing. Too funny!

message 4: by Holli (new)

Holli I love this show too and I've been watching it from the start. Thanks for creating the thread Roxy!!

I love how raw and real the show is and I love the political incorrectness of it...definitely my fave part!!

message 5: by Jackie (last edited Jul 16, 2009 08:23AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments It feels like home to me, no shock factor at all. I have to confess, after watching RM, I get a bit that attitude in me. You can take the girl out of Brooklyn but you cannot take Brooklyn out of the girl. You have to understand, NYC-born people are quick, and I find myself with the quick funny insult on the tip of my tongue. But I'm also quick enough to censor myself, the people here don't really get my humor, insulting or otherwise.

Holli summed up RM perfectly: raw and real
I guess I should have rephrased the whiner comment: I'm glad some whiner didn't get their way and censor RM.

When I saw that one with Sean singing, I thought WTF? And then it got real funny real fast. That brother is such an ass.

message 6: by Holli (new)

Holli Yeah but its hilarious to watch Sean with his family...I love those scenes!! I totally love the humor in the show...we California people get that dry sarcastic sense of humor too! LOL

message 7: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Holli - I'm with you, the PI has to be the best part! Its so much more real that way.

I should elaborate on my use of the term "shock" when speaking of first viewing the show. It wasn't the use of the profanities and such, I'm quite the potty mouth myself when I am not careful, it was the sheer fact that it made it past sensors! They don't sensor anywhere near as harshly as they used to but I was still surprised RM wasn't sensored more.

message 8: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I don't think Denis would have done the show with too much interference. I love it just the way it is. I'm surprised it wasn't censored either, but I'm very happy it wasn't.

message 9: by Holli (new)

Holli FX doesn't censor its stuff since its a cable channel.... all of their shows are like that. Do you guys watch any of the others? We love The Shield (its over now), Nip Tuck, Dirt, Sons of Anarchy.....

message 10: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I watched the first episode of The Shield but it pissed me off so bad. I knew plenty of corrupt cops and it infuriates me. I couldn't watch it without having a stroke.
Missed Nip Tuck but I do want to see it.
One ep of Sons, but it didn't do anything for me.

All I can say is, YAY for FX and non-censorship.

message 11: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I tried Nip Tuck but it was a little too freaky for me. I couldna't handle all the surgery shots or the freak-you-out scars & deformities.

I tried watching an episode of SoA with my hubby, he was watching it for a little while, but it was too much for me. The episode I saw one of the guys wife (and mother to his small kids) took his truck home instead of him and someone did a drive by hit, him being the target, on the truck thus killing the wife/mom. It was too much of a rough start for me.

message 12: by Holli (new)

Holli I must be desensitized to stuff I read and watch...nothing bothers me. It bothers me in real life but not on TV or in the movies or in books. Know what I mean?

Not that I think its bad to have stuff bother you...sometimes I think i don't let anything bother me. Too tough which is not always a good thing......

message 13: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I know what you mean, and stuff usually doesn't get to me but for some reason that scene did. Perhaps it was the time of the month I watched, LOL, but I didn't want to watch after that. The show does look interesting. I keep seeing commercial and it looks good.

I think I am all caught up on Rescue Me now. Does anyone else think Damian is a pompus ass? And NOT in that cute sexy way the other guys are?

message 14: by Holli (new)

Holli Yeah he's quite the cocky kid isn't he?

message 15: by Jackie (last edited Jul 17, 2009 11:15AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I didn't like him when he was a teenager, his character hasn't improved. And how stupid is he? He didn't know that HE was going to have to clean up that mess in the kitchen, what does he think probies do?

Graphic scenes don't upset me, horror books don't frighten me. It's easy when it's not real. Real images distress me.

message 16: by Holli (new)

Holli I agree 100% jackie!

message 17: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Does anyone else think the episodes seem to end ubruptly? I watched last week's episode last night, while the current episode recorded (damn it, thought I caught up!) and when it ended I as always was like "wait? That's it? But....I mean....err....."

Its not like they leave you hanging with an issue but rather use a scene end as an episode end. I guess most shows wrap up an episode when they don't necessarily do that?

message 18: by Jackie (last edited Jul 22, 2009 07:09AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I thought it was abrupt too but I just go with it. Last's night episode had me in stitches. My husband rarely watches it, but he was passing through the living room and wind up staying because it was really funny.
What a performance Callie Thorn gave with Shiela's morning meltdown, damn, she's good.

message 19: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I just got myself caught up again. Shiela's meltdown was hysterical!!! Oh, and Tommy's face when Needle's wife practically stepped over his face.....I trully LOLed.

message 20: by Jackie (last edited Jul 22, 2009 11:32AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I know, LOL, and what about when he was in the supply closet with Janet ~ "I'm not your maid" ~ I was practically on the floor laughing.
I had to watch Shiela's meltdown twice and I'm going back for another, LOL

And how cute was Tommy in last week's episode with the bunny ears? I can't believe I forgot that until I saw 'Previously on', I must be slipping....

message 21: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments I have it on DVR i'm two shows behind. But Tommy is so stupid. The whole cast is great,seems they couldn't be any better.

message 22: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I know, Lori! I watch the messes he gets himself in and the women he's involved with and think, Is he stupid or crazy? Maybe it's a little of both. LOL

message 23: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Your probably right both, & you'd think he would know to stay away from Sheila,{she's the prettiest on the show} the bitch is just NUTS.

message 24: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I hate Janet, she's a true bitch. Sheila is much prettier. But she's a wack-job. I liked her, but changed my mind when she drugged Tommy and started the fire. You'd think after already having dealing with these crazy women, he'd stay away from them? At least find a NEW one, one he don't know is crazy...yet, LOL He's a glutton for punishment, he keeps going back.

message 25: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Yes Janet is a big BITCH, & that kid of theirs, whats her name? The one off at school, the only time i liked Janet, when she got drunk & told those rich f--ks off, very funny. But the kid is a little bitch. The way she talks to them. And whats up with Lou, & his hooker girlfriend?

message 26: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Both the girls are bitches but the older one normal. That other one is a phony and a brat. Who does she think she is? I'd slap her if she wre my kid, I surely wouldn't be kissing her ass.

That was the only time I liked Janet too. It was pretty funny. But most of the time she's just a self righteous hypocrite. I hate her, LOL

message 27: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Lori, that episode when Janet tells off the rich snobs was HYSTERICAL!!
And I agree, Janet true bitch, Sheila prettier crazy-bitch. She seems a little better with meds.
I think Tommy is a typical guy, crazy or bitches he still knows he can get laid with either of those chicks in his life.

And what IS the deal with Lou and the hooker? Is she for real or taking him for another ride. I don't get it.

And what about Sean's mom & brother - the two of them infuriated me!! They are such aweful people to him!!

message 28: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments It explains why Sean took so much crap from Maggie...he's used to it. I'm glad the mother & brother are gone, I didn't like them at all. I feel sorry for him, that they were all he had in a time of need. Horrible horrible people.

The hooker, I can't get past what she did to Lou. He's a fool because he's falling for it all over again. I don't believe her.

message 29: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I was hoping Maggie or one of the FF would rip mom or Sean bro a new one for being such jerks to him. Kind of disappointed by that, no one sticking up for him.

message 30: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments

I got caught up last night. And the kitchen scene was so funny, i kept yelling at the TV get out TOMMY, you dumbass. Sheila was tripping, then she took her pills, awsome scene.

Damn right that little brat would have been picking herself up off the floor. Them kissing her but makes no sense.

Poor Lou if she does do it again well what can you say . Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!

White Sean's family did SUCK big time. But it does expplain how he let Maggie treat him like shit. And his mom telling him yes i love your brother more,what the hell? Good riddance to bad rubbish. Hope they never come back.

message 31: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I'm counting down the minutes til I can watch tonight's episode. Did you know you can start watching while it's recording on the DVR? I start when it's got about 20 minutes recorded and by the time it's done recording, I'm just finishing.

message 32: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments I have company now so who knows when i'll get to look at anything? Talk to you tomorrow.

message 33: by Holli (new)

Holli Jackie, I love to do that. I watch most shows that way! :)

message 34: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I love my DVR. There are some things I cannot live without and DVR ranks pretty high on that list.

Again, that abrupt ending. What's up with that?

message 35: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Janet & Shelia show down tonight. Slightly disappointing. I was waiting for them both to go psycho. The guys huddled up outside the room with cake...FUN-NY! But Janet is showing her MAJOR bitchness. Just 1-2 episodes she is telling Tommy she feels nothing for him and wants just sex and now because she is face with Sheila she says she wants a real marriage?!! Ugg.

message 36: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I thought for sure that cake would be flying, hair pulling. Something.
Janet only wants Tommy because he's with Sheila, to show Sheila she can take him from her. What a bitch. And fool that Tommy is, he'll go back with Janet only to have her kick him out when she knows Shiela doesn't want him anymore. She's a petty, jealous hypocritical bitch. It's perfectly OK for her to live with Tommy's brother and have his baby. She should be grateful Tommy is supporting her and that baby and leave him alone. I hate her so much. As crazy as Sheila is, I'd rather see Tommy with her.

message 37: by Holli (new)

Holli I'm sure Tommy was no angel to live with working all the time, drinking all the time, never home.... Janet can be a bitch but he can be an ass too so I think they are pretty equal. I think Janet really wants Tommy and always has but she's scared because he's hurt her in the past and so now she's trying to keep her heart out of it all and just have a no strings attached relationship. It won't work though because they both still love each other yet can never seem to get on the same page at the same time.

In my opinion she lived with Tommy's brother and had his baby to get back at Tommy for things he had done and his brother had some blame in that too. After all, it was his BROTHER. That's just wrong on his brother's part. I know Janet isn't perfect by any means but I think that's the point of Rescue Me. none of them are. Its a show about human emotion and instincts and if you think about it none of the characters on it are ever normal or perfect or right. Like real every day people they have good and bad to them all.

message 38: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Definitely Tommy's an ass. Cute as he is, I still wouldn't want him, LOL
I didn't get the sense that Janet still loves him. Not after Connor died. It seem that that was the final straw for her. Maybe she's just used to having Tommy around. They tried working it out a few times, you'd think they'd know by not it does not work and let each other go. Easy for me to say, hard to do.

Janet and Johnny, there's plenty of blame to go around for both of them, IMO. I feel Johhny took advantage of the situation at Janet's lowest point in her life. Can she have been any more vulnerable? But she's still responsible too, she knew what she was doing.

Of course none of the characters are perfect, which is what makes this a very realistic show. I just like to bitch, LOL

message 39: by Holli (last edited Jul 29, 2009 08:31AM) (new)

Holli After my daughter died my husband (now ex) had a VERY hard time of it. We tried and I'm sure our relationship resembled a lot of what Tommy and Janet's relationship looks like on many levels (even the firefighter aspect of it... LOL) and it was too hard. I still loved him though even though I'm sure by my actions you would have thought I was callous, cold hearted and a bitch too.

Not a fun or easy place to be in life so I sort of can understand how they are and how they feel. Sure does make for good TV huh?

LOL

message 40: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Good TV, sucks for real life. I am sorry to hear about you losing your daughter. If I lost my son, I think I'd hate everyone. I can't imagine how difficult it is.
You have a deeper understanding and perspective of Janet and Tommy. One I hadn't thought of. I know Tommy still loves Janet, but he's not that complicated. I can see what you mean about Janet though.

message 41: by Holli (new)

Holli Thanks Jackie, it was a really hard hard time in my life but you get through it and muddle on....

Glad I could throw a different perspective in there too! Nothing wrong with yours by the way either :)

message 42: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments It's more complicated than at first glance, given the circumstances. This is why I love Rescue Me, because it mirrors real life and hits us in the gut.

message 43: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Holli, you're right about Tommy having fault and being an ass too. I think some of us are starting to fall under his badboy spell and glance over that....LOL!

message 44: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments What is it about that badboy persona that reels us in? Logically, this is the guy you RUN from.
Tommy may be sexy but as a husband, he's the worst. Drinking, cheating, lying.
Sexy can only go so far.

message 45: by Holli (new)

Holli Its the danger and trying to catch "quicksilver" that keeps us intrigued by those guys ..... know what I mean?? LOL

message 46: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I'm a bit confused....so Tommy is moving out of Lou's place and into a place with his oldest daughter? How did that happen? Didn't she have her own place before? Do people in NY really move that much?!

The whole thing with Shawn's pecker was hysterical!!!

Janet is a manipulative bitch! Which we have covered but I had to say it again. Can't Tommy just say no to her deal and start calling his other daughter on a regular basis? Sounds like the kid would be fine with that.

message 47: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I agree with Roxy about Janet, she showed her true colors in this episode. She doesn't really want him, she just doesn't want Sheila to have him. And all those lies about the younger daughter! What a bitch! I hate her even more now. Tommy better grow a brain and tell her to go to hell and just divorce her. Isn't he sick of this crap? If not, then he's a fool and deserves whatever he gets. I like that Sheila let him know how things really stand. Good for her.
Colleen moving in seemed to come out of nowhere.
I'm from the City, and when you find a good apartment, you hold on to it as if your life depended on it. I don't know why Tommy moved in with Lou anyway. Maybe to save money, since he gives all of his away.

message 48: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments I frogot to DVR for tuesday so i missed it. Will catch it on friday, but you could miss 2 or 3 shows and know Janet's a BIG ASS BITCH! I don't know what she said to or about her youngest, but that kid's a little bitch too. Check in sunday after i catch up.

message 49: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Any bets on who Jimmy had an affair with? Anyone suspect Janet?

message 50: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments The second Sheila said Jimmy had an affair, I thought of Janet immediately. I hope it was her, so maybe Tommy won't go back with her.

« previous 1 3