Book Haven discussion

Dead Discussions > New on DVD-possible spoilers-

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Unapologetic_Bookaholic I don't watch much TV but I like renting the seasons on DVD. I caught up on almost all of Prison Break. So I find out the last season in #4. Awww! Well I have a couple of discs to rent and I'll be all finished with The Hot Boys from Fox River.

I rented A Haunting in Conn. today. I wanted to see it because I watched the original airing on Discovery. Now they made a movie and I wanted to see what they did with the haunting. Has anyone else watched this? Either at the movies or on DVD? Or seen the original airing on Discovery? Anyone else like watching TV on DVD?

message 2: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Stroube | 2393 comments Mod
Great Idea, Kenjii!

Haven't seen A Haunting in Conn., but I want to!

I too am obsessed with seasons on DVD! I own a lot of them! :)

Tomorrow, I am supposed to have a movie day with my cousin, so I'll be able to post a lot of this discussion.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Alrighty then Joy. I'd love to see what you like to watch =D. I will return A Haunting in Conn. tomorrow and pick up a TV DVD probably. I am hoping they have the next discs of Prison Break sea.4.

message 4: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic (last edited Aug 12, 2009 05:11PM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Listing of TV on DVD

For me to keep track of what I want to watch(+w). What I have watched(-w) and so forth.

(-w)Prison Break (sea. 1,2,3,)
(-w) Prison Breal (sea. 4)
(-w) My name is Earl (sea. 2)rented disc 1 and 2
(-w) My Name is Earl (sea. 3) rented disc 1 and 2
(+w) The Office (sea. 2)
(+w) Millenium
(+w) Supernatural
(+w) The Sara Conner Chronicles
(-w)Smallville(sea.1,2,3,4,5,6)
(+w) Smallville (sea. 7,8)
(+w)House
(+w)CSI
(+w)Bones
(+w)Cold Case
(+w)Two and a Half Men
(+w)Will and Grace
(+w) Criss Angel Mindfreak (Sea 2,)
What else?

message 5: by J.D. (last edited Jul 15, 2009 02:39AM) (new)

LOL I have 58 seasons set up on my TiVo so I watch a LOT of shows! LOL

Here are the seasons I own though
All of Supernatural
All of Smallville
All of Roswell
All of Dark Angel (great Sci-fi series!!!)
All of Veronica Mars
1st season of Dawsons Creek
1st season of Gilmore Girls
A couple of seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Two seasons of Robot Chicken
Two seasons of Two and a Half Men
Two seasons of Beauty and the Beast
1 season of Gummi Bears (I liked the show when I was a kid)
A few seasons of Charmed
All of Tru Calling
Two seasons of Lois and Clark
1 season of That 70's Show
1 season of South Park
1 season of Ghost Hunters
1 season ofFriends

I think that's it, but I could be wrong. I might have more! :) I think I own somewhere between 38 and 45 seasons on DVD...

message 6: by J.D. (new)

There are A LOT of seasons I want to own! Sooooo....many! LOL

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Omg! That is SO cool. I wish I did the Tivo thing. But I am happy to get the DVDs for free. DO you ever swap/trade/sell your DVDs? I used to use WWW.SWAPADVD.COM to swap my DVDs then use the points at WWW.PAPERBACKSWAP.COM to get books, lol.

Anyhow, if you ever trade/sell/swap DVDs let me know.

I think keeping a list would be great. To see what you like and what you have watched etc. I dunno I am kinda used to that from being in Yz's challenge group lol.

message 8: by J.D. (new)

I don't usually do the trade/sell/swap thing unless I disliked the book/movies. I like to own everything. LOL (sigh) I am a total packrat!

message 9: by Ida Suyanto (new)

Ida Suyanto | 21 comments Wow, Joy, you have a lot. I collect DVD too. Not as much as yours :)

All of Smallville
All of Prison Break
All of Heroes
5 seasons of 24

I want more but I don't know where to keep it. My closet is full.

message 10: by J.D. (new)

Sai wrote: "Wow, Joy, you have a lot. I collect DVD too. Not as much as yours :)

All of Smallville
All of Prison Break
All of Heroes
5 seasons of 24

I want more but I don't know where to keep it. My closet i..."

I dedicated an entire bookcase to DVD/seasons. LOL It'd double stacked with movies. I LOVE it!

message 11: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic (last edited Jul 16, 2009 12:02AM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic I have certain DVDs i keep in my collection but the TV DVDs I never did collect b/c I only ended up watching them once. I had a small shelf that I kept my books and DVDs on. So I only keep movies I really watch more than once a year. I understand they cost a lot but after I am done I do the swap thing and end up getting like 3 times more books, lol.

message 12: by BK (new)

BK Blue (paradoxically) I have some TV on DVD, but not much. Does anime count? Yes, I am a "big kid" who likes anime. :p

Anime I have or have had:

Cowboy Bebop (Complete series)
Saiyuki (Complete ORIGINAL series, I don't have any of Reload or Gunlock...yet.)
Fruits Basket (Complete series)
Midori Days (Complete series)
Shakugan no Shana (Vol 1)
Elemental Gelade (Vol 1)
Samurai Champloo (Complete series)
Basilisk (Vol 1)

Regular series I have or have had:

Dave Chapelle Show (Season 2)
CSI: Crime Scene Investigators (Season 1)
Will & Grace (Seasons 2 and 3)

I know I am forgetting some, but I don't remember what.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic hehe I just barely started this DVD on TV thing so I am glad I am able to track my viewing. Anime can be for grow-ups to =D.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic I watched Coraline and Watchmen released this week. Both OK. Just rented them b/c they were new. Anyone seen these?

Some liked DVD to TV I want to rent.

Millennium

message 15: by J.D. (new)

Kenjii wrote: "I watched Coraline and Watchmen released this week. Both OK. Just rented them b/c they were new. Anyone seen these?

Some liked DVD to TV I want to rent.

Millennium "

I saw Watchmen when it was in theaters and hated it! Blah! LOL I haven't seen Coraline, but I want to...

I watched the first few episodes of Millenium and was bored. My hubby made it through the 1st season, and liked it a little...

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Hehe. I am watching Criss Angel Mindfreak. I forgot how much I am entertained by him! I want to get these DVDs now.

Watchmen was crap, lol. Sorry. Wasn't aimed at my demographic and the undertone was totally over my head. I liked Coraline. The visuals and story was cute!

message 17: by new_user (last edited Aug 08, 2009 03:47PM) (new)

new_user It's not really meant to be a superhero movie, LOL. I think a lot of people didn't know that before they went in.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic I knew from the critics preview that Watchmen was a different movie all together. That's why I didn't go to theaters to see it. I basically got it b/c it was a new release. I know its got a message in there somewhere. Oh well.

message 19: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 778 comments I just Coraline. Think I'm going to start it tonight. Can't wait to wear my 3-D glasses!

message 20: by new_user (new)

new_user LOL, Kenjii. Yeah, I thought it was kind of depressing.

message 21: by Melissa (new)

Melissa The cinematography of Watchmen was amazing. I liked it a lot. My hubby was kind of pissed it was so long, but I enjoyed it. It was pure artwork to me. :)

message 22: by new_user (new)

new_user I thought it was valuable mostly for the philosophy. And yeah, the cinematography and the sfx were cool too, LOL.

message 23: by J.D. (new)

I just saw "The haunting in Connecticut", and I have to say this it was surprisingly good. The ending was unique as far as horror films go!

message 24: by Nathaniel (new)

Nathaniel (nathaniel_) House and Smallville new seasons come out on DVD on the 25th of August.

(Lots of good stuff comes out that week, IMO)

message 25: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic (last edited Aug 12, 2009 05:09PM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Oh Smallville! I am like 2 seasons behind now, lol

-Watchmen: I should have read the graphic novel first b/c even the beauty of the movie was lost on me. I think I will only like '300'. Both an understandable movie and good god almighty a beautiful sight =D.

-Yes, The Haunting in Conn. met and surpassed my experctations of staying true to the facts of the story. Being kinda creepy and adding just enough to make it a great horror movie. I'd see it again.

-I rented Race to Witch Mountain with the Rock [goes by Dwayne Johnson now:]. It was fairly entertaining for a pg-13 kid's movie. The alien kids were less than entertaining and The Rock had to pretty carry the movie. There weren't any other "side-kicks" or well know {to me) actors to play off of. So the movie fell flat in some places. Overall it was OK. I liked Coraline better.

-Still need to watch Fast and the Furious and I love you, man

message 26: by J.D. (new)

I still need to watch the last 8 episodes of the last season of smallville...

Unapologetic_Bookaholic I like how they turned the latest Fast and Furious into more of an action flick involving fast cars instead of a movie about fast cars sprinkled with action. It made it a bit more dramatic, although the whole thing between "Dom" and "Brian" got a little old. I would have rather them work as a team like in part one. But things change.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic I love you, man is the only R rated RoCo I have seen more than once and STILL laughed.