Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Finish Line 2009! > Nancy's 200 for 2009

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nancy H (new)

Nancy H I just discovered this group today and it looks like fun. My challenge to myself is to read at least 200 books every year. I am a high school librarian, so I read lots of YA books, but since I love to read, I will read just about anything. My very favorite genre is mystery/detective stories, so you will see lots of those in my list. I have already read over 100 books so far since January, and I will work on adding them to my "read" list as I have time. I also review books for a state-wide YA materials committee, so I am lucky enough to be able to read new, hot-off-the-press stuff as well.

message 2: by Nancy H (last edited Jan 02, 2010 08:46AM) (new)

Nancy H I am sad to say I didn't make my goal of 200 books for 2009 -- but I did make 180. It's a new year and a new goal: 210 for 2010. I've already read my first one: A Season of Gifts by Richard Peck. A great young adult read! I love his books, as do my students.

message 3: by Nancy H (new)

Nancy H Book #2: Wild inferno by Sandi Ault. Great book. Reminds me a lot of the Nevada Barr books and the Tony Hillerman books, which I also love!