Romance Authors Unlimited discussion

Authors... Sound off!

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stella (new)

Stella (StellaPrice) | 14 comments Mod
Hey all authors! please take a few moments to start a thread here and give the readers a little background on you and your website and such! All promo is good promo!

message 2: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Moran (AuthorKellyMoran) I'm Kelly. Married with twin sons and a black lab. I live in WI. Have 3 books published. 2 romantic fiction and one poems/ short stories. The new book is getting great feedback. I'm still new and unheard of. I'm building a new website currently, but the present one is working. I'm working on a children's book, a romantic suspense, and a drama now. I love to read new authors and I prefer romantic suspense.
THANKS!!!
Kelly Moran
http://home.wi.rr.com/kellymoran
XXXOOO

message 3: by Betty (last edited Feb 22, 2008 02:06PM) (new)

Betty (Ladylizzie) | 3 comments I'm Betty Ann Harris, a hopeless romantic and author. I write mostly romantic suspense, which is what I like to read as well. I also make promo video trailers for new book releases. Please visit my blog at: http://www.writingmoonlight.blogspot.com

Eureka Point is the first in a series of Special Agent books. The next to be released will be My Very Special Agent, coming soon to Red Rose Publishing.

message 4: by Stella (new)

Stella (StellaPrice) | 14 comments Mod
My name is Stella Price and I'm one half of the award winning best selling author team Stella and Audra Price. With my sister, i write Urban Fantasy, Dark Fantasy and Erotic Paranormal Romance. I'm published by Tease, Siren and Phaze and have 15 books out, 8 in print.

I read paranormal romance, urban fantasy and horror, and my influences are: Poppy Z Brite, Clive Barker, Douglas Clegg and Anne Rice

You can check out our webby at http://www.stellaandaudra.com or our bloggy at http://stellaandaudra.blogspot.com

message 5: by Skyler (new)

Skyler Grey | 1 comments Hey Stella!
Thanks for the invite over, as always I enjoy hearing from your sweet little butt! ;)

Hi everyone,
I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Skyler Grey, published author of a variety of genres!

My wonderful publishers consist of, Whiskey Creek Press Torrid, Phaze, Red Rose Publishing and Dark Castle Lords.

I've several books available and some soon to be releases. A Tangled Web, The Black Rose, Once Upon a Midnight Clear, Christmas Candy Anthology and 413 Remembrance Lane; Diary of a House. Recently, WCPT contracted my Sci-Fi, The Amber Jewel for their Torrid Teaser, RRP picked up my medieval time-travel, Chamberlain's Knight giving it a face lift for a re-release, and DCL contracted my short story, Gluttony for their, Seven Deadly Sins anthology due out this year.

I'm a 4th generation Floridian, thanks to my trail blazin' ancestors who decided to stop the Ox and wagon in the middle of nowhere and stake claim to huge piece of land in Okeechobee.

My blood line on my grandfather's side is, Blackfoot and Viking (Dane). My grandmother's,
German & Irish. I like to think that through my bloodline flows many hidden stories from the past which causes my muse to flutter from one story to another, keeping me on my toes.

Feel free to visit my website and sign my guestbook or hop over to Myspace & drop me a comment whenever you can.

;)
Skyler
http://skylersromance.tripod.com/skyl...
www.myspace.com/skyler_gry
www.thewickedwomenofromance.com

message 6: by Linda (new)

Linda | 1 comments Hello to all...
I have a novel being released in April. Some say it is women's fiction...so be it, although I do believe it can reach a diverse audience. Would I qualify for romance novelist, no, I would not, but I know that I can safely say that any woman who reads "Belly of the Whale" will be inspired and have a good cry to boot.
The story is about a young wife, and mother who has breast cancer. It is twenty-four hours in her life. The day she gives up hope of surviving and the day she is taken hostage in an all-night market by a killer more deadly than her disease.
I consider myself blessed to be part of the published author community. My writing spans decades and many as a single parent writing on my kitchen table, on the sidelines at soccer games, in my car, at work during lunch, anywhere I could take a pen and paper. Determination and believing in your dream can and does make it come true.
Linda merlino, author, Belly of the Whale
www.kunati.com/linda-merlino

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi I'm Anne Whitfield, thanks to Stella for the invite!

I'm an Australian author of historical, contemporary and short stories. Most of my books are on Amazon USA and Amazon UK.
I write for small press and one mid size (UK)publishers.

Look forward to metting everyone.
Anne.~
http://www.annewhitfield.com

message 8: by Jae (new)

Jae Knight (jaeknight) | 2 comments Hi, everyone! I'm Jae Knight. I live in Missouri. I write paranormal romance and erotica. My first book, From the Shadows, is coming out in May from Phaze. It is the first in a paranormal series I am working on. I don't have a website but you can find me on MySpace:

www.myspace.com/jaeknight

Gravefully,

Jae Knight

message 9: by Bradley (new)

Bradley | 4 comments Hello everyone, my name is Bradley Simpson. My first book, Dreamsbane of Tamalor, is a light fantasy I self-published through iUniverse. My current projects have had me leaning in fantasy with a romance flavor. =)

I can be found here or on my myspace page:
www.myspace.com/dreamsbane

Of interest:
www.myspace.com/kiril_cranglin
www.myspace.com/orcish_dreams

Little ideas of possible future projects. Thank you. =)

message 10: by Karen (new)

Karen | 1 comments Hello all. I'm Karen Harrington and I have a novel due out April 2 titled JANEOLOGY.

It is about a grieving man, still in love with Jane, the wife who snapped and killed their toddler son. As he struggles for answers, he begins exploring her family history for clues to her unexplainable behavior, hoping to find some black sheep that he might blame for her latent violence. What he finds is a host of dark family secrets and more. Booklist called it "Fascinating and complex...as much a character study as a legal thriller." It will definitely make you consider the gene pool from which you came.

Stop by and leave me a comment or visit www.karenharringtonbooks.com to see more, read an excerpt and view pictures from my own family photo album that helped inspire JANEOLOGY.

Happy Reading!

Karen

message 11: by Rowena (new)

Rowena (Rowenacherry) | 13 comments Hello,

My name is Rowena Cherry, I also write as Rowena Beaumont Cherry, and my books are futuristic romances (not set in the future) with suggestive chess titles.

My website is

rowenacherry.com

I've a free downloadable sampler of ten different futuristic or paranormal romance authors' first chapters; also excerpts from my own romances; also an interactive family tree so readers can keep track of my alien royals.

Best wishes,
Rowena

message 12: by Jean (last edited Mar 29, 2008 12:15PM) (new)

Jean Holloway (JeanHolloway) | 1 comments Hi, I'm Jean Holloway, the author of the erotic thriller “Ace of Hearts”. If you're looking for a racy thriller with an intelligent Black woman as the heroine, you should check me out!

Here's a brief synopsis:
Shevaughn Robinson, a detective in suburban NY, is having a hard time with life. Orphaned at twelve, she's all alone. Feeling a little down, she treats herself to a night out, but it doesn't improve her mood until a handsome stranger asks her to dance. The evening ends with a kiss that haunts her.

She begins investigating an especially gruesome murder case, which quickly evolves into serial murders. Right before they find the first victim, she meets Tony O'Brien, a reporter interested in doing a piece on her and her career. Sparks fly.

Shevaughn follows murder after murder trying to solve the case, not realizing the murderer is a man who not only is obsessed with death, but becoming more and more obsessed with her.

Brewing is a sensual love story between Shevaughn and Tony. They overcome several obstacles, one of which is the police suspecting Tony might be the murderer.

The killer watches the relationship blossom from afar and plots its demise.

Check out my profile for a teaser and an invite to my live chat.

Heartfully yours, Jean

message 13: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline | 2 comments Hi my name is Jacqueline Grimes, a reader with hopes of becoming an author.
I am probably the oldest member 50 this year omg... anyway I am going to try my hand at writing this year,I always wanted to write and have always felt I have a book in me somewhere lol and I just love to read.well heres a little info on me,i,m married 32yrs and have 5 children and 1 grandchild,and a golden retriever, I live in Northern Ireland,kids all grown up or growing so some time on my hands for 1st time in a long time ha ha anyway thats enough for now,looking forward to hearing from every1 soon.Iam only starting so need all the advice and help I can get on or by authors,agents publishers etc.
Feel free to drop me a line,I am so excited about this I could burst.
bye for now
slainte.

Jacqui Grimes

message 14: by Miss (new)

Miss Mae | 11 comments My pen name is Miss Mae. My first book, "See No Evil, My Pretty Lady" is available for download from my publisher, The Wild Rose Press. I tried to upload a copy of the cover to GoodReads, but for some reason it's not taking. Since its release January 16, 2008, this book has held the number one bestseller spot in its category of non-American historical.

If you're a Jack the Ripper fan, I hope you'll check this out for a different twist to the story. Long and Short of It Reviews give it four books, and you can see the reader reviews at my website.

Buy here...

http://thewildrosepress.com

My site and blog...

http://www.missmaesite.com
http://missmaesite.blogspot.com

message 15: by Stephanie (last edited Sep 02, 2008 12:02PM) (new)

Stephanie (stephanie_julian) | 1 comments Hi, I'm Stephanie Julian.

I write paranormal erotic romance for Ellora's Cave. My Magical Seduction series is based on Etruscan mythology with lots of magic.

Seduced by Magic (out now)
Seduced in Shadow (out now)
Seduced and Ensnared (releases 9/10)
Seduced and Enchanted (releases 11/11)

My website is http://www.stephaniejulian.com if you'd like to learn more about me and my world.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, I'm Anne Whitfield from Australia. I've been writing for over eleven years and been a reader for a lot longer.
A love of historical fiction started at an early age and soon the stories in my head demanded to be heard. While researching for my hobby, genealogy, I began to write my first novel and, the stories that had been company for years, suddenly became real on the page.

Having written ten novels and several short stories, I'm also active within the writing and reader community. I'm a member of Romance Writers Australia, Romance Novelists Association UK and Historical Novel Society.

I write historical sags and contemporary romance.
My website.
http://www.annewhitfield.com