Creative Souls discussion

Easy Things to Paint?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Micaela (new)

Micaela Hey guys. I'm trying to figure out some sort of easy things to paint so I can work on my skills without becoming too discouraged. Any ideas? I was thinking.. buildings? Or is that harder than it sounds?

message 2: by G.R. (new)

G.R. (grcollia) I'd go with flowers... there's more room for error. Buildings are rather unforgiving. Anything natural... landscapes, seascapes... will be easier than something that has a lot of symmetry and sharp edges. Not to mention perspective.

message 3: by Micaela (new)

Micaela Oh, ok. Natural things? I see.

Thank you. (:

Sandysconnected | 10 comments I agree, and I would think trying watercolor. I took a community ed watercoloring class and learned a lot of really easy tips and tricks.

Sandysconnected | 10 comments So, have you tried any of the suggestions? How did it go?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah... flowers are good or like... i just finished a painting of boats...
I might post a pic of it on my blog:
http://learning123adifferentway.blogs...

message 7: by Mona (new)

Mona Abbas (monaha) i wouldn't think bldgs is an easy subject, unless you are thinking of painting in a very simple form. I would agree flowers would be a start, or using what you have around your house. Mugs, candles, kettles, jars....you will be surprised at the inspiration you will get from these simple items

message 8: by Susie (last edited Nov 30, 2013 12:16AM) (new)

Susie Odiorne | 5 comments Boats are a good start. And, when starting painting, I suggest you copy other paintings to get a feel for the mediums and the tools. It's difficult to start immediately on something someone else hasn't captured. It can be discouraging when you haven't gotten the hang of the tools. The tools are more than the paint and brush (or knife, or fingers, or whatever). They include knowledge of things like composition and color theory.

I created the original post using the word toils for tools. That's a funny fraudian slip.

message 9: by LemontreeLime (new)

LemontreeLime Susie, did you also notice you spelled Freudian as fraud-ian? I have to admit that is excellent! if you have a Freudian slip, then it should at least be funny!

I saw this listed once on a blog as a resource for daily painting project ideas, maybe this will inspire you, Micaela?
http://www.dailypaintworks.com/Challe...
have fun!

message 10: by Susie (new)

Susie Odiorne | 5 comments oops i didnt. but have a habit of calling him fraud as opposed to freud.