books turned into films discussion

books that should b a film > The Hunger Games

Comments Showing 1-50 of 228 (228 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Lynda (new)

Lynda Redd (lynda5) | 2 comments I heard it is going to be made into a movie. As I was reading it, I pictured it as a film.

message 2: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) not heard about this book wots it about?

message 3: by TulahF (new)

TulahF | 33 comments a girl who gets picked to particiate in a contest to the deaths

best book eva!!!

message 4: by Lynda (new)

Lynda Redd (lynda5) | 2 comments It's set in the future. 24 kids fight to the death. I couldn't put this book down! Loved it!!! You must read it. :0)

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ รђ๏รђคภคђ  (shoey924) | 68 comments
this was such an awesome book I literally went straight to the internet after finishing the last page and looked up when there would be a sequel!! It comes in September. Get, read it, you'll love it!

message 6: by TulahF (new)

TulahF | 33 comments SAME!!! THE SEQUEL SHOULD COME OUT SEPTEMBER 1ST!!!! I AM SOOOOO EXCITED!!!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

No the sequel comes out the 29th. i agree best book ever.

message 8: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) its on my list 2 get, just had a look on waterstones website and says its out the 7th sep (must b coz am in endland) which is the day b4 my b'day so mayb if i read it soon and like it, my mum can get 4 a prezzie

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ รђ๏รђคภคђ  (shoey924) | 68 comments Kaite your b-day is same as my daughter's! 9/8 but she was born 1999!

message 10: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) cool,i was 1985 so old lol

message 12: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) lol

message 13: by TulahF (new)

TulahF | 33 comments oh really? shoot

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Tulah wrote: "oh really? shoot"

I sort of want it to be a film but i'm afraid they will ruin my image of certain characters. (for example, maybe they'll get zac efron to play gale. eww.)

message 15: by TulahF (new)

TulahF | 33 comments yeah, i feel the same way. and the twilight girl kristen stewart or watev to play katniss!!! ahhhhhh! kill me!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Kristen is a horible actress. she bites her lip and blinks too much dyring important scenes.

message 17: by Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ รђ๏รђคภคђ (last edited Jul 16, 2009 07:15AM) (new)

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ รђ๏รђคภคђ  (shoey924) | 68 comments Unfortunately, I have to agree about Kristen. I want to like her still, but after seeing so much of her lately I'm annoyed! There is only so much of the I'm-so-uncomfortable-with-myself-I-don't-know-what-to-do/look/say that people can take from her, you know?
And she really only has one mode on screen as well- subdued!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

yep.

message 19: by TulahF (new)

TulahF | 33 comments she is really ugly too!

message 20: by Magen (last edited Jul 16, 2009 08:23AM) (new)

Magen (magen0222) | 47 comments Eme wrote: "Kristen is a horible actress. she bites her lip and blinks too much dyring important scenes."

yep. me too. i really would like to like her as an actress since i absolutely loved the books and will be seeing all the twilight movies especially since shes not going anywhere, but i just cant she just too bad... and she really can look pretty when she tries

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Tulah wrote: "yeah, i feel the same way. and the twilight girl kristen stewart or watev to play katniss!!! ahhhhhh! kill me!"

oh that would b TORTURE! i hate her....she's boring and needs some chapstick...and she plays in her hair too much....ugh she's just too jittery and nervous and it makes me uncomforttable just looking at her.

message 22: by TulahF (new)

TulahF | 33 comments i agree! and sooooooo mellow and boring.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Tulah wrote: "i agree! and sooooooo mellow and boring."

lol. do u like robert pattinson?? eww what if they make him play gale?

message 24: by TulahF (new)

TulahF | 33 comments oh kill me!!! no i hate him too. 1st of all can he please get a spray tan???

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Tulah wrote: "oh kill me!!! no i hate him too. 1st of all can he please get a spray tan??? "

YAY! YAY! YAY! finally someone agrees! yes! yah and ppl think he's so HOT! he is not all that, not they way they be acting! i am so adding u as a friend!

message 26: by TulahF (new)

TulahF | 33 comments i already invited you!! (i mean to be my friend)!!!!! :))))))) i know right? all my friends fell in love with twilight and i was like what the heck?????? he is soooooooo ugly!!!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Tulah wrote: "i already invited you!! (i mean to be my friend)!!!!! :))))))) i know right? all my friends fell in love with twilight and i was like what the heck?????? he is soooooooo ugly!!!"

yea i am slow i just realized that u sent me that. he is. and even his charater is kind of boring. he is so mushy. "so the lion fell in love with the lamb." how cheesy!

message 28: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) oh dear u guys rob pattinson is so gud looking and by the way 'so the lion fell in love with the lamb' that was stephanie mayer.
my mum doesnt like him tho she thinks my taste in men has gone right down lol

message 29: by TulahF (new)

TulahF | 33 comments ewww!!! he is sooooo pale and ugly!!!!! uggg so is daniel radcliffe

message 30: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i dont fancy daniel but he seems so sweet. rob is not that pale am pale 2 as am from england which is where his from there is no sun and in twilight he needs 2 b pale being a vampire

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Katie wrote: "oh dear u guys rob pattinson is so gud looking and by the way 'so the lion fell in love with the lamb' that was stephanie mayer.
my mum doesnt like him tho she thinks my taste in men has gone righ..."

when i mentioned the "lion and the lamb" i was talking about edward (who i dont like, either.) well im gunna have to agree with mom on that one, lol.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

They better get someone good to play Katniss, Gale, Rue and Peeta. The others I don't care about.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Eme wrote: "They better get someone good to play Katniss, Gale, Rue and Peeta. The others I don't care about. "

Yeah...actually I just care about Katniss, Gale, and Peeta. But wasn't Rue black? Or was it just her District Partner? ....and are you team peeta or gale..?

message 34: by TulahF (new)

TulahF | 33 comments rue was black. they also have to get someone to play cato, foxface and tresh

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Tulah wrote: "rue was black. they also have to get someone to play cato, foxface and tresh"

oh yeah....ugh i hated foxface!!! sneaky little snake....yay im glad the book had ppl of different races! team p or g?

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

I think she'll chose peeta. But I think Gale is better

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Eme wrote: "I think she'll chose peeta. But I think Gale is better"

idk...but do you think peeta will want her? i think all the girls will be wanting peeta and stuff and gale won't really see her that much cuz she wont need to hunt (she'll have lots of food) and she'll be to busy to talk to him. and i read that peeta and katniss are gonna b living next to each other so we'll see how that works out...I CANT WAIT UNTIL SEPTEMBER!!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ รђ๏รђคภคђ  (shoey924) | 68 comments Airemy wrote: "Tulah wrote: "oh kill me!!! no i hate him too. 1st of all can he please get a spray tan??? "

YAY! YAY! YAY! finally someone agrees! yes! yah and ppl think he's so HOT! he is not all that, not th..."

LOL! He's a good looking guy but I am BEGGING his 'people' (whomever they are) to PUHLEESE give the boy a dang BRUSH!! Some mousse or gel might be a good idea 2!

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Shoshanah wrote: "Airemy wrote: "Tulah wrote: "oh kill me!!! no i hate him too. 1st of all can he please get a spray tan??? "

YAY! YAY! YAY! finally someone agrees! yes! yah and ppl think he's so HOT! he is not a..."

and his fans make him seem hotter than he really is...have u heard his music?!?!

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Shoshanah wrote: "Airemy wrote: "Tulah wrote: "oh kill me!!! no i hate him too. 1st of all can he please get a spray tan??? "

YAY! YAY! YAY! finally someone agrees! yes! yah and ppl think he's so HOT! he is not a..."

I know!

message 41: by TulahF (new)

TulahF | 33 comments Airemy wrote: "Tulah wrote: "rue was black. they also have to get someone to play cato, foxface and tresh"

oh yeah....ugh i hated foxface!!! sneaky little snake....yay im glad the book had ppl of different rac..."

i liked foxface becuase she was sneaky!!! i hope katniss chooses gale. I HATE PEETA!!!

message 42: by TulahF (new)

TulahF | 33 comments Shoshanah wrote: "Airemy wrote: "Tulah wrote: "oh kill me!!! no i hate him too. 1st of all can he please get a spray tan??? "

LOL AIREMY!!!

message 43: by TulahF (new)

TulahF | 33 comments OMG WE SHOULD MAKKE A I HATE EDWARD CLUB!!!

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

. . .

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Tulah wrote: "OMG WE SHOULD MAKKE A I HATE EDWARD CLUB!!!"

im sure there are PLENTY of I HATE EDWARD GROUPS out there lol. as soon as i find one, i will invite you and we'll blow it up ;).

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Tulah wrote: "Airemy wrote: "Tulah wrote: "rue was black. they also have to get someone to play cato, foxface and tresh"

oh yeah....ugh i hated foxface!!! sneaky little snake....yay im glad the book had ppl o..."

Foxface was annoying. She also shot at Katniss and then ran away and I was a tidbit happy when she died. I loved Rue. And I love Peeta. He's awesome, sweet, and makes delicious cakes. How can you NOT like that? Gale is okay, too but IDK Peeta just blew him out the water. I like Gale. But I love Peeta. I want him to myself, tho.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ รђ๏รђคภคђ  (shoey924) | 68 comments We didn't get to know Gale enough to make a decision I think. I can't wait to read the next one where, I'm sure she'll give us more Gale! As for now, I love Peeta!!

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Shoshanah wrote: "We didn't get to know Gale enough to make a decision I think. I can't wait to read the next one where, I'm sure she'll give us more Gale! As for now, I love Peeta!!"

That is true. I wonder if Gale was jealous....ugh I just can't wait until the book comes out. I bet all the bookstores will be sold out within a week. So, if there were a movie, who would you want to portray the characters?

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ รђ๏รђคภคђ  (shoey924) | 68 comments I pre ordered on Amazon- they are so much cheaper and they deliver ON THE DAY of its release. I did the same with all the Harry Potters.

I don't know. I don't know enough of the younger set of actresses and actors out there. I only know some, like the Disney kids and Nick kids. I don't watch gossip girl or anything, although I do like 90210! LOL
Can you believe that I used to watch the original 90210 when I was a teenager?!? God I'm getting old!!

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Shoshanah wrote: "I pre ordered on Amazon- they are so much cheaper and they deliver ON THE DAY of its release. I did the same with all the Harry Potters.

I don't know. I don't know enough of the younger set of a..."

Seriously? Hmmm, I kind of dont want any Disney Channel People. I should pre-order, too I guess. I refuse to wait any longer than necessary for that book. Don't worry, I'm getting old too. :) I like 90210 and Gossip Girl. I watch Degrassi now, too. My friend got me into it.

« previous 1 3 4 5