Jessica Day George's Books discussion

How did you know?

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) | 42 comments Mod
How did you guys find out about Jessica Day George's books?
I was given Dragon Slippers for Christmas and then read it. It was amazing. Thank you Jenny!

message 2: by Marissa (new)

Marissa | 5 comments I found out when the barnes and nolbe website said if you liked enna burning you will like dragon slippers. i bought it.

message 3: by Naomi (last edited Jul 16, 2009 04:47PM) (new)

lol. nice. my e-mails from Barnes and Noble only recommend books by the same author. :P
and thanks for joining. xD

message 4: by Naomi (new)

lol. thats always a good way. :P

message 5: by rissabean (new)

rissabean | 10 comments I just saw Dragon's Slippers at the Library. I remember that I was not going to get it out. I was not sure I would like it. I'm glad I did:)

message 6: by rissabean (new)

rissabean | 10 comments I don't really remember....I think it was because I already had like 10 books that I was cheeking out so I was not sure if I wanted to get another one out so I told myself that I would not like it.

message 7: by Naomi (new)

lol. weird. but I'm glad you got it! xD

message 8: by rissabean (new)

rissabean | 10 comments I know, Trust me so am I:)

message 9: by rissabean (new)

rissabean | 10 comments Have you read the 2nd one?

message 10: by Naomi (new)

yeah. I've read all her books.

message 11: by Julie (new)

Julie (FairyBooksQueen) | 2 comments I met her. in person.

She was at a teen writing confrence that I went to, and I took her workshop on 'How to build a world,' and I loved it. she had me almost rolling on the floor with laughter. and she was nice enough to give us hungry teens candy right before lunch. I never truly spoke to her, but I did ask question like a good little student.

She was so fun, so I obviously wanted to see her books. I haven't read most, -actually, I just finished the first to books in her dragon series- and I loved them. Creel is awesome.

message 12: by Jessie (last edited Aug 17, 2009 06:34PM) (new)

Jessie Naomi told me to read she said it was a great book, so i read it. I like creel to

message 13: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 35 comments ^--That's cool that you went to that thing! I really want to read the dragon series. I've heard good stuff about it on Goodreads. Does anyone here also like Shannon Hale? She's awesome too! Both authors write the same genre, and their books share similar qualities.

My aunt gave me a ton of books for my birthday, and one was Princess of the Midnight Ball. It looked really good, so I read it first and loved it. So yesterday I went to the library and the only Jessica Day George book they had was Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow. I read that today. It was so original, and so awesome!

message 14: by Naomi (new)

I love Shannon Hale. xD
and I agree, Jessica Day George's books are awesome. xD

message 15: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 35 comments I got Dragon Slippers for Christmas and just read it! It was so awesome! Tomorrow I'm going to buy the sequel with my gift card.

message 16: by Naomi (new)

yay! I only have the first one. I might but the other ones, but I'm not sure if i want to yet. xD

message 17: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 35 comments Hey guess what? I just got Dragon Flight!!! Yay!!

message 18: by Katie (new)

Katie | 7 comments It was on an extra credit reading list when i was in seventh grade. I've love them ever since! Can't wait for Princess of Glass! I love Poppy!

message 19: by Allie (new)

Allie | 16 comments I got mine at a skool book fair, i am sooooo glad i picked it up!

message 20: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 35 comments I wish my school still had book fairs. But a lot of the time they didn't even have good books, so I wouldn't have found them.

message 21: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 35 comments Yay! I just got Dragon Spear for Valentine's Day!!

message 22: by Allie (new)

Allie | 16 comments Congrats! I loved it! Have you read much of it yet? Once you finish it, you have to tell me which was your favorite, ok?

message 23: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 35 comments I finished it! It's hard to choose between them...I think that Dragon Slippers, as the first and original, is just awesome, but then I really enjoyed Dragon Flight. Dragon Spear was good, but...I think I'd have to go with Slippers as my favorite, closely followed by Flight, which is barely ahead of Spear. Actually, 2 and 3 are tied. :)

message 24: by Allie (new)

Allie | 16 comments Nice! I would say 1st, then 3rd, then 2nd! But i love them all!

message 25: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 35 comments Hm, now that I think about it, the 2nd book might be my favorite. Nah, it's still the 1st. But then I loved the 3rd...Ah, I can't choose. ;)

message 26: by Allie (new)

Allie | 16 comments Lol, me either!

message 27: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Umm, I don't remember how I did find out. I guess I had seen them, my friend had em, and I just wanted to read them.

Yeah

message 28: by johanna (jo) (new)

johanna (jo) (johannad_m) I actually found out about them, by reading the back of a series I'd just read! I judge books by their covers, and these ones looked epic, so I checked them out! I had no idea how good they'd be!! So glad I did now! :D

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I found out at a local library selling the least read books off !

message 30: by Nellie (new)

Nellie (nelliegbooks) | 2 comments My sister had it and recommended it to me.