Immortals After Dark discussion

The Books > what do you know about the upcoming book?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by valee (new)

valee | 73 comments Mod
The summary:
"Kresley Cole:
A brutal vampire soldier about to know love for the first time...

Murdoch Wroth will stop at nothing to claim Daniela the Ice Maiden--the delicate Valkyrie who makes his heart beat for the first time in three hundred years. Yet the exquisite Danii is part ice fey, and her freezing skin can't be touched by anyone but her own kind without inflicting pain beyond measure.
A Valkyrie aching to be touched...

Soon desperate for closeness, in an agony of frustration, Murdoch and Danii will do anything to have each other. Together can they find the key that will finally allow them to slake the overwhelming desire burning between them?"

i Can't wait to read the next book. Seems it will be about the last of the Worth brothers. Conrad's book was awesome. I loved the idea of the phantom. The books about the two demon brothers were also great.

i love this serie.

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 34 comments i loved sebatian!

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 779 comments Mod
I'm excited about this book. It should be pretty awesome. I love the Wroth brothers. They are too hot. But The Woede give them a run for their money.

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 34 comments Is the new book the one in the anthology?

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) | 35 comments Sorta - it's a duology with Gena Showalter, so I assume that means it will be a bit longer than the typical novella in a four-story anthology. At least I hope so!

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Me too, Nichole. I don't think this storyline would wrap up very quickly. There are a lot of issues in this relationship, not unlike Conrad and Neomi.

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 34 comments I can't wait till it comes out. Sebastian is my favorite of the brothers so far.

message 8: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

It's so hard for me to pick a favorite. All the IAD men are to die for, IMHO. Each book gives me a new favorite, but Sebastian is near the top of the list. :)

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) | 35 comments Well, of the Wroth brothers I would definitely pick Sebastian. Of all the heroes so far, I would pick Cade, but of all the books my fav is Bowe and Mari's.

message 10: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 34 comments One of my favorite scenes in Sebastian and Kaderin's book

When Sebastian went to go find Kaderin in that club. He saw her with that other guy. He went crazy. Pretty hott what happened after that:)

message 11: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

For some reason I like the heroes who are crazy jealous/possessive. Not in real life, too scary. But yes in romance novels. :)

message 12: by Lauren (last edited Aug 18, 2009 03:04PM) (new)

Lauren | 34 comments Omg those are the best types of men... er.... characters

message 13: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 34 comments Samantha wrote: "Sebastian and Kaderin's book is definitly my favorite so far. I love the Bar seen as well ")"

the plane ride was good too :)

message 14: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 3 comments I liked Cade's book alot. The bar scene when Cade comes out and Holly is on the demons lap with another demon rubbing his head on her hand, while she is drunk on demons brew had me cracking up. Lachlain's character is one of my favorites as well.

message 15: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 34 comments Rachel wrote: " I liked Cade's book alot. The bar scene when Cade comes out and Holly is on the demons lap with another demon rubbing his head on her hand, while she is drunk on demons brew had me cracking up. La..."

That sounds good. Cade's book is my next one I have to read. I have that one and the next one ready and waiting but i am distracted with Merry Gentry series from LKH.

message 16: by Silvana~Duchess of Avonlea~ (last edited Sep 02, 2009 01:26PM) (new)

Silvana~Duchess of Avonlea~ | 27 comments May include spoilers!

Okay can I just say I love Nix! Her t-shirts and blunt sarcasm just kill's me. I got so excited when Nix mentioned visiting the Lords of the Underworld in Kiss of a Demon King. I’ve already pre-ordered Deep Kiss of Winter (K.C collaboration with Gena Showalter). After reading the Darkest Night I couldn’t help but imagine which of the Lords Cole would pair up with Nix. Mmmm….I’m hoping Torin, no wait Gideon. What do you girl’s think?
So excited! These authors are going to be the death of me.

message 17: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Lauren wrote: "Omg those are the best types of men... er.... characters"

Well we definitely agree in this. :)

message 18: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

It's been way too long without a KC Immortals book.

message 19: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 314 comments The guy who got a restraining order against Nix was Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs.

According to the forums on KC's website, Nix will eventually get her own book, but it'll be toward the end of the series because she's involved in so much stuff.

This next book (Demon from the Dark) is supposed to be the first of a trilogy, according to the forums. It's Carrow's story and the other two books will be for Regin and Lothaire. According to KC, Lothaire's book is due sometime in 2011, so maybe Regin's story will be after "Demon from the Dark." Hard to say for sure, though...

message 20: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 314 comments You're welcome! I'm looking forward to Regin's book, too. It feels like it's been a long time coming because she's been around since the first book.

message 21: by Shannon (new)

Shannon C. | 12 comments **potential spoilers***

Has anyone heard if Rok will get a future story? (He was an interesting side character in Holly/Cade's book. One of the demon mercs.)

The ending of Garreth/Lucia's book setup the upcoming kidnapping stories for Lothaire, Carrow, and Regin. Lothaire got me thinking back to Rydstrom/Sabine's book(towards the end) when they paid Cade's mercs to hunt Lothaire. I was thinking maybe the mercs were behind the kidnapping, but I don't think they'd also be after Carrow or Regin? But Rok was an interesting character...I wonder if the mercs were hired out to kidnap the two ladies by others. Then Rok could be the hero for one of the gals.

It's fun speculating!

message 22: by Pickles (last edited May 08, 2010 11:32PM) (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 314 comments *Mild spoilers*

Hey, Shannon! It's possible that Cade's mercs are behind Lothaire's abduction, but I don't see why they would kidnap Carrow and Regin. I suppose someone could could have paid them to do it, but since in the decription of "Demon From the Dark" it says that Carrow is being guarded by a dempire (Malkom), I think it might be the Horde or something. Malkom is definitely Carrow's HEA, but Regin's is still up in the air. In the forums people are hoping that Regin's beserker turns out to be Gamboa (from "No Rest For the Wicked"), especially since Kaderin had promised to send Regin down to him to fulfill his fantasy of being with a valkyrie and KC has said that he'd be back again. I don't think it could be Rok because he's been around Regin before and if he was Aiden reincarnated, wouldn't he remember? I think they said Aiden always gets his memories back (although I don't know if he'd be born having them or they came back over time). Who knows, though? I can't wait to find out!

message 23: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) | 164 comments Hey, Shannon
i dont think that Rok's story will be told, cause there so many IAD character and Lore creatures that the story not telling yet. Maybe KC will make Rok's story into novella (and maybe she does it too to Uilleam and Munro's story)

Hey Harper
Interesting opinion that maybe Cade's mercenaries that abducted Lothaire, Carrow and Regin. Cause according to NIx saids, the abducter can be boybands, CIA or Berserker. So maybe the boybands refer to Cade's mercs, but why they do that?
And for Regin's Berserker Incarnate Aidan will be Gamboa, i think i agree with u

message 24: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 314 comments Hey RNDo! The theory that Cade's mercenaries might be the ones who kidnapped Lothaire and the others was actually Shannon's. I think it might be possible, but I think the Horde is behind it for some reason. Because, like you said, I can't see why the mercs would go after Carrow or Regin. With Lothaire, it's explainable because Rydstrom wants to hunt down and try to kill Lothaire before he tries to call in the favor Ryd owes him.

I think it would be cool if Gamboa turns out to be Aiden. It's definitely possible.

message 25: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) | 164 comments KC has mentioned in her forum and this is that she talk about Aidan :
-Aidan doesn't look the same in each reincarnation, because he's born from different parents.

so it can be Gamboa ( i think i remember a bit that Gamboa's mother is demon) and Nix promising him to kiss (or meet? not sure too) Valkyrie (and in this case Regin) in No Rest for The Wicked

Interesting thought dont you? (wink)

message 26: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 314 comments Yep, his mom is a demoness. From what I remember Kaderin promised that she'd send a Valkyrie down to him, but I don't think she specified what the Valkyrie (Regin, as you know) would do for/with him. I can't wait until they release the description for the next book so we can at least find out who Regin's hero will be!

message 27: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) | 164 comments And maybe its next year :(
i think KC book just out 2 books each year
make us impatient (hehe)
and after Carrow-Malkom books
its not sure who the book that will come first
Regin or Lothaire

message 28: by Pickles (last edited May 11, 2010 10:08AM) (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 314 comments Yeah, I don't think it'll come out until sometime next year. Sad. I saw in the forums that originally KC wanted to release the next three books back to back since they're a trilogy, but then her publishing schedule changed. It would have been awesome to have a new book every month! At least she'll probably put up the description of the next book on her site once "Demon From the Dark" (Malkom and Carrow's book) comes out in August.

message 29: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) | 164 comments oohh you in forum too?
what ur ID?

message 30: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 314 comments My ID there is midorise7en. I've only made a few posts. I mainly just read. :)

message 31: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) | 164 comments my id in KC forum is the same with my id in goodreads (and same ava too)
and i've posted for more than 400 post
i'm have many fun in that forum (lol)

message 32: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crys25) | 17 comments I can't wait this series is more addictive than the BDB IMO. I couldn't believe the cliffhanger at the end of the last book. I am holding my breath until Regin's book, I have loved her immaturity, aggressiveness and snark since the first book.

message 33: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) | 164 comments @Crystal
yeah BDB make me doubt to continue read that series. But KC make me want and addicted to this series. I really impatient to wait who will come first after Carrow. Regin or Lothaire. There are many opinion in KC forum, who they will pair with. ^^

message 34: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crys25) | 17 comments August can't come fast enough for me, LOL.

message 35: by Ren Puspita (last edited May 12, 2010 08:37AM) (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) | 164 comments 3 months again Crystal
(and my birthday is in August so KC books will be gift for me, yay! ^^)

message 36: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crys25) | 17 comments What an awesome b-day gift!

message 37: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) | 164 comments yap2 ^^

cant wait to see the dempire Malkom Slaine
and again see about blooded things
(you know that is the sexiest thing in IAD beside Lykae'e mating and licking demon horns, lol)

message 38: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crys25) | 17 comments Me too RNDo. I'm on pins and needles until August.

message 39: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) | 164 comments Hehe, Crystal, with many good books will come out, its make nervous and impatient too ^^. Aaah, cant wait for August :(

message 40: by Mariel (new)

Mariel (fuchsiagroan) A trilogy? *excited* It is already mid-July. I hope August comes soons! New IAD and Mockingjay (last Hunger Games) in the same month. *excited*

message 41: by Jessy (new)

Jessy (jessy4269034) | 10 comments *Spoiler (I think)

At the end of Garreth/Lucia's story, with Nix's reaction to the kidnappings, I've had a thought:What if Nix was Lothaire's bride? But I saw a previous post that said Nix's story would one of the last of the series. If thats the case, I wonder who Lothaire's bride is? Because we know Carrow and Malkom, and Regin and Aidan the fierce.

message 42: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 314 comments I had seen that Furie/Kristoff's book would be the last one, so I'm not sure. At this point anything can happen. I think she's starting to end the series, though, so the last book might not be too far off. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Nix and Lothaire.

message 43: by Estela (new)

Estela The last book in the trilogy could well be about Lothaire, or it could be about someone entirely different.

I've got my fingers crossed on being either Nix or Melanthe. I don't want it to be about an almost unknown character, like Cara or Lucindeya. There are other characters who deserve books, and whose priority order has been put down. It just wouldn't be fair for us readers, if you ask me.

message 44: by Jessy (new)

Jessy (jessy4269034) | 10 comments Its surprising that she is wrapping up the series. There are so many characters that I want to read about! Has Melanthe's hero been unveiled yet? Or is that still under lock and key?

message 45: by Jessy (new)

Jessy (jessy4269034) | 10 comments I don't know if any of you know this yet, but I came across the title of Kresley's new IAD book online. I don't know if its official or not. Amazon says the release date is Feb. 15, 2011. Title is Dreams of a Dark Warrior. It has to Regin's since alot of talk is that her story is coming real soon. And Lothaire's story will be released sometime in 2011 as well.

message 46: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 314 comments Jessy wrote: "I don't know if any of you know this yet, but I came across the title of Kresley's new IAD book online. I don't know if its official or not. Amazon says the release date is Feb. 15, 2011. Title is ..."

Oh, I hadn't seen that. Cool! Judging from the title I'd say it's probably Regin's book, too. I read a comment from KC in the forums saying that Lothaire's book would be out sometime in 2011, so it probably will be the last in the trilogy. It sucks that we'll have to wait a year for it, though. :(

I think Melanthe's hero is Thronos from everything I've read in the forums so far. It makes the most sense for it to be him.

message 47: by Estela (new)

Estela Melanthe's hero is Thronos, KC has confirmed it somewhere (can't remember where, though).

message 48: by Jessy (new)

Jessy (jessy4269034) | 10 comments Who is Thornos? Has he made an appearance in the series and just missed him?

message 49: by Ilse (new)

Ilse Snell | 121 comments Jessy wrote: "Who is Thornos? Has he made an appearance in the series and just missed him?"

*gasp!* Jess; have you read "Kiss of a Demon king"? it's Sabine's and Rydstrom's story.... Thornos is featured in there

message 50: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (thebookwarrioress) | 29 comments Mariel wrote: "A trilogy? *excited* It is already mid-July. I hope August comes soons! New IAD and Mockingjay (last Hunger Games) in the same month. *excited*"

All on the same day, the 24th! And a new Demonica novel August 24! Its going to be such a great week!

« previous 1