Fear Fantastique discussion

Again???

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) all we need is a mod NOT to delete the site again, the rest will fall into place.

message 2: by Phillip (last edited Jul 20, 2009 06:04PM) (new)

Phillip he skipped town?

i know there was a little tussle at the sci-fi group over the weekend, but do you think that influenced his decision to jump this ship?

sad.....

message 3: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) hasn't he done something like this before? If I remember correctly he's dumped his account before because of some issues with another group [heated argument I think?:]. But I could be thinking of someone else.

message 4: by Phillip (new)

Phillip damn!

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy | 339 comments Mod
WTF? I thought Dave said he wouldn't do that anymore. Oh well...

message 6: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) Last time it was because of a political argument and he said he'd learned his lesson. I hope he will return.

message 7: by Phillip (last edited Jul 17, 2009 03:35PM) (new)

Phillip VJ,

sounds like you're having fun despite your busy summer.

i missed the meaning in one of your sentences regarding me, triangles, etc....please clarify!

one of my students saw parliment a few months ago (maybe it was last year) and said they ROCKED. i think you're going to have a great time. and say hey to buzz for me when you catch the melvins. i was listening to houdini live this morning...

have big fun at the DWs rob!

message 8: by Phillip (new)

Phillip VJ,

did you make me a mod?

my goodness, what have i done to deserve such an honor?!?!?!?!

message 9: by Phillip (new)

Phillip me too, I'm going to make an attempt at exposing you all to jazz.

clubfoot played the mosaic festival tonight on the first date of this tour. it was at a winery, but since I don't drink, I didn't get any. the other guys in the band walked away with several bottles of what seemed like fine wine. they fed us really well and paid more than I'm used to making, and it's a nine piece band....you gotta love well funded festivals. they gave us a nice b&b to stay in....we are in paso robles, where it was ridiculously hot today. fortunately it cooled a bit before we played. usually i hate playing outside, but this place had one of the best outdoor sound systems i've ever heard.

these days were playing two sets of really diverse stuff. mostly it is a lot of nino rota stuff from the fellini films, but lately we have brought some new things. our trombonist brought two morricone arrangements: a suite from once upon a time in the west and another short piece from "guns don't argue". I brought an arrangement of the title sequence from psycho, and the other woodwind player did the theme from cape fear. the newest thing is an arrangement of "i want you/she's so heavy", which is really fun to play....what a great piece of music.

we are heading to los angeles tomorrow. more later.

message 10: by Phillip (new)

Phillip thanks for the tip, vj, what is the winery called? tell me and I'll pass it on to our manager.

message 11: by Phillip (last edited Jul 21, 2009 08:43AM) (new)

Phillip the keyboard player always records our gigs. he places contact mics on stage and gets good quality recordings. once we get back he will probably deal with dubbing and pass around some discs. we have been playing really well on this tour so I think it will turn out well.

i was sceptical when he brought that beatles chart to the band but somehow it really works. he is an outstanding arranger. basically it sounds just like the original, but with various horns playing the vocal lines. our guitarist is a real bad ass and takes amazing solos over that ending sequence.

message 12: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) what did you do and how can I help?

message 13: by Amy (new)

Amy | 339 comments Mod
What you're playing lately sounds really cool, Phillip - I'd love to hear it!

message 14: by Phillip (last edited Jul 21, 2009 07:37PM) (new)

Phillip thanks, amy! maybe my playlist for august will be clubfoot highlights. i will bug joshua about dubbing copies. he is usually really good at delivering.

tonight in los angeles, last night santa barbara. i travel with the rhythm section (drummer, bassist, guitarist, me). everyone else is in the van. these guys are so chill. the drummer is also in one of my post-jazz trios, and we're good pals.

message 15: by Phillip (last edited Jul 22, 2009 09:59AM) (new)

Phillip rob,

yes, the coda! that is one of the great moments in rock and roll. it is so fun to play that sequence; and the audiences freak when we play it. it comes toward the end of our second set, and the only thing that could possibly follow it is this suite we do from fellini's 8 1/2....which has THE greatest ending sequence in our book. you know it's got to be good to top that beatles' tune.

message 16: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) Vicki;

If you hold both shift keys down together, it should disable filter keys and resume normal keyboard operation. Let me know if you have any problems.

message 17: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) glad it's working, shift keys suck.

message 18: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) no problem, it's what I do. I'm a technophile.