Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > This is how cool Bowie is.

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments From Paste:
David Bowie to Re-Release "Space Oddity" With Special DIY Tilt
These days, it seems like everyone is anxious to hop on the remix bandwagon, and pretty much anything is considered remixable. David Bowie is the latest to to catch the bug, and will re-release a special-edition EP of "Space Oddity" on July 20, the 40th anniversary of Neil Armstrong's one giant leap for mankind.
The EP will feature four mixes of the original tune, as well as the song's eight original master tracks, which fans will be able to manipulate into their own mixes with any audio editing software, including iPhone app iKlax. The release date is certainly no accident. On his website, Bowie reminds us that the BBC used the song during its broadcast of the lunar landing, and that the original track was released just days before the monumental moonwalk.

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (luvrdn) | 501 comments Bowie still rocks my socks off!!

message 3: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) HOT LEATHER PANTS!

message 4: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Bowie has always treated his fans to tasty nuggets like these. It's stuff like this that reminds us why he still commands such a devoted fan base, even if his records don't sell as much as they once did (even if his new records are still first-rate).

message 5: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments I loved him as Tesla in that movie... Oh what the hell was that movie?

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments The Prestige, Mindy.

Gus, yeah, he's always at the forefront of what an artist can do for fans and vice versa. He also saw the potential for artist websites and online fan clubs way before most musicians.

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (luvrdn) | 501 comments He is the Goblin King to my girls, they love his music in the Labrynth.

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (luvrdn) | 501 comments me too

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Michelle, did you just agree with yourself? :)

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (luvrdn) | 501 comments yea,shh don't tell

message 11: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) Michelle: HOT LEATHER PANTS!!!

It had to be repeated. Goblin King smexy.

Has anyone listened to his newer albums? I like Cactus.

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (luvrdn) | 501 comments His voice is just as awesome, I like Wild as the wind, so moving...thats a good word for it

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm Afraid of Americans.

message 14: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
I'm afraid of Stefano.

message 15: by Gåry! (new)

Gåry! (garyneill) I thought sure this would be about Jim.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Yeah, how cool is it to have a giant KNIFE named after you...

message 17: by Cosmic Sher (last edited Aug 20, 2009 10:23PM) (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments Or a tasty pre-formed jerky treat that is super skinny.
(Was that too obscure?)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.