QUEEN OF SHADOWS READALONG | #BOOKISHSEPTEMBER discussion

General > Welcome!!

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elisabeth (last edited Aug 27, 2015 08:16AM) (new)

Elisabeth (fromelisabeth) | 8 comments Mod
Hey guys!! I can't believe Queen of Shadows is almost here. It's crazy! I'm looking forward to reading and discussing with everyone :)
My name's Elisabeth from Elisabeth Paige on Booktube. I love fantasy and all things Darth Vader. My favorite color is purple and I'm most definitely a cat person.
What kinds of books do you like reading? What's your favorite book of 2015 so far??
Mine has to be The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson :D
~Elisabeth

message 2: by miss reads (new)

miss reads (miss_reads) Hello everyone! My name's Bekah. I'm excited to get this book (I'll probably buy it sometime in the middle of September, as my first expense is going to mad max lolol). I've never done a legit readalong on here before so hopefully I'll be able to keep up. This series has given me many ups and downs in terms of how I feel about it but I have found myself quite invested and there's no turning back now! I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone thinks!
I like mainly fantasy books, dark/thriller types, and comics. My favorite book so far this year is either Half A King or Night Film. :D

message 3: by Bethany (new)

Bethany | 2 comments Hi! I'm so excited to read it, I'll be waiting at the front door for the postman to fetch it to me! Probably going to read the first 3 again to build up to the release of queen of shadows

message 4: by Bethany (new)

Bethany | 2 comments I love reading fantasy books but picking a favourite from this year so far is just too difficult of a decision for me to make :D

message 5: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 3 comments Hi, I'm Jasmine. I love reading books more than most people. I'm definitely excited to join this readalong since it's my first one. I can't wait to read this book, but I won't get my copy until the 7th or 8th of next month (don't blame me, blame Amazon). But I hope i have a good time and read this book.

Aimal (The Devils We Find) (aimalfarooq) HI EVERYONE! My name is Aimal. I'm 19, and I'm into a little bit of everything, mainly YA fantasy, contemporary, modern adult fiction, psychological thrillers etcetera.

My favorite book of 2015 so far would be either A Court of Thorns and Roses, or The Wrath and the Dawn, or the Winner's Crime. :D

message 7: by Aylinb (new)

Aylinb | 1 comments Hello everyone :) I'm Aylin and 22 years old and I'm from Turkey :D I will receive the book later than you i guess :D I bought it from Bookdepository but really excited for the 4th book cause the end of Heir of Fire was a big cliff-hanger to me!! My fav books of 2015 are Heir of Fire,The way of kings and Half a king :)

message 8: by Mihlean (new)

Mihlean (mylifeasfangirl) | 1 comments Hey! I'm Mihlean, and I can't wait to read Queen of Shadows. The Throne of Glass series is one of my favourite series ever and I'm a hardcore Rowaelin shipper (I have no shame! x3) I absolutely don't have a favourite genre, but my favourite book this year.. It must be The Wrath and The Dawn, ACOTAR or My Heart and Other Black Holes.

message 9: by Carol (new)

Carol Hi ! I'm Carol and like all of you I'm so excited to finally read this book ! I'm a Nurse and although September may be a bit crazy I'll make sure I find the time to read this book (team Rowan!). It's hard to choose my favorite book of this year but so far I really enjoyed 'all the light we cannot see' 'the Martian' and 'ghost boy'.

message 10: by Hana (new)

Hana (triforceprincess) | 1 comments Hi guys! I'm Hana and I am so excited to read this book! The only problem is I haven't quite finished Heir of Fire so hopefully I will finish both this month! I love fantasy and contemporary books and my favorite book of the year is These Broken Stars. :)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey! I'm Tayo and I super excited for QOS. I have read all of SJM's books!

message 12: by LauraReads (new)

LauraReads (lauraread) | 1 comments Hi everyone!! My name is Laura, I'm 21 and I'm from Spain. I'm super excited for QOS and Throne of Glass is definetely my favourite series ever. My copy of QOS is supposed to arrive on September 3rd and I cannot wait to start reading it!
My favourite books include: the Throne of Glass series (obviously), ACOTAR, The Wrath and the Dawn, The Name of the Wind,The Winner's Crime, The Assassin's Curse, Clockwork Princess and many more...

message 13: by Lina_Cheira (new)

Lina_Cheira Hi everyone! My name is Lina, I'm 24 and live in Switzerland. Like everyone else I'm super exited to finally read QOS. My copy arrives around the 11th - blame Amazon. The best book I've read so far this year has to be the The Others series by Anna Bishop (Urban Fantasy). I read the first one early this year and have reread all 3 of them 3-4 times since xD Other books I love are the TOG series (obviously), ACOTAR, The Remnant Chronicles, Pride and Prejudice, The Book Thief and the Black Magician Trilogy.

message 14: by Petuli (new)

Petuli | 5 comments Hi! My name is Petra, I am 22 and I live in the Czech Republic - that means I have to wait for Bookdepository to deliver Queen of Shadows (and it will take 1-2 weeks :() I love reading fantasy, lately I've been craving cute contemporaries and also mysteries but I think fantasy is my genre to go! I've just starter reading Words of Radiance, I want to read in kind of slowly in September and I hope I'll love it, as I know Elizabeth loves the Stormlight Archive books :)

message 15: by Masoom (new)

Masoom (masoomjethwa) | 1 comments Thanks Eliz for the invite. Love and Light to all.
I wish this turns to be a great success.

message 16: by Paula (new)

Paula Gonzalez (Paulisitareads) | 4 comments Thanks for the invitation, Im so excited for this book in not even a joke. Im half way through Heir of Fire right now. I'll be done with it tomorrow probably and them its Queen of Shadows time!!!

message 17: by Paula (new)

Paula Gonzalez (Paulisitareads) | 4 comments Thanks for the invitation, Im so excited for this book in not even a joke. Im half way through Heir of Fire right now. I'll be done with it tomorrow probably and them its Queen of Shadows time!!!

message 18: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (lizhunter975) | 2 comments I'm so excited to read this! Thanks for inviting me to this group! My name's Liz, and I love reading fantasy and contemporary. One of my favorite books that I've read this year is Mosquitoland by David Arnold, but that may change once I get my hands on Queen of Shadows ;D

message 19: by These Violent Delights (last edited Sep 01, 2015 08:36AM) (new)

These Violent Delights (Robin) Oh hells yeah!!!! I'm almost done with The Assassin's Blade. I can't wait until Queen of Shadows arrives at my doorstep today!

I read mostly fantasy and all of its subgenres but I also tend to read Dystopia and Post-apocalyptic as well.

So far, Reawakened (Reawakened, #1) by Colleen Houck has been my favorite book so far this year, but I think Queen of Shadows will replace it.

message 20: by Harley (new)

Harley | 3 comments Hey, I'm Harley! *waves* I just finished reading Heir of Fire like half an hour ago and am super excited for Queen of Shadows. Like most of the rest of you I also have to wait for it to arrive in the mail, gah! Really enjoyed the books so far and can't wait to see what happens next. My favorite book of the year has been A Court of Thorns and Roses.

message 21: by Fhina (last edited Sep 02, 2015 01:30AM) (new)

Fhina (fhinabasbair) Hi! I'm Fhina and I'm absolutely obsessed with the Throne of Glass series. I'm about halfway through and I'm loving it so far! It's amazing! OMG!!!

Other than that I should actually be writing on my thesis but well OS comes first - haha! :)

Faourite book so far? Hmm...probably Kill Devil Hills and ACoTaR

message 22: by Jake (new)

Jake | 3 comments Hi I'm Jake and I am so ready to start reading QoS! Unfortunately I'm going to be so busy that I won't be able to pick it up until the weekend! The wait is kind of killing me but I'm so excited!

message 23: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (caroline312) | 7 comments Hi! I'm Caroline and I'm from Belgium (there are a lot of European people in this group apparently!). I enjoy many genres, but fantasy (both YA and adult) is definitely my favorite.

My favorite reads of this year include Sarah J. Maas' ACOTAR and Heir of Fire, Naomi Novik's Uprooted (and a reread, His Majesty's Dragon), Marie Rutkoski The Winner's Curse and The Winner's Crime, Brandon Sanderson's The Final Empire, Alison Goodman's Eona, and Robin Hobb's Blood of Dragons and Fool's Assassin. I also have Fool's Quest on my TBR-shelf, and I can't wait to get to it after QoS, since her books and the world are amazing!

I still had exams until yesterday, so I was only able to start reading QoS yesterday afternoon, but I'm loving it so far!

message 24: by Roseena (new)

Roseena Peralta I just got my copy! !

message 25: by Cristina (new)

Cristina  | 1 comments Hi Guys! Just thought you might be interested in this...I went to one of Sarah's signings this month and I cover it on my blog PLUS I'm giving away a SIGNED copy of Queen of Shadows! Check out the link to my blog post for details on how to enter! :)

http://asdreamsaremade.com/2015/09/sa...

message 26: by Elisabeth (last edited Sep 19, 2015 11:07PM) (new)

Elisabeth (fromelisabeth) | 8 comments Mod
Hello, everyone!!! :D I've had so much fun reading everyone's introductions! Nice to meet all of you!
I finally have started reading Queen of Shadows and I can't wait to start discussing! 14 more chapters and I'll finally be able to look at everyone's thoughts on the first 16 chapters!! Ah! So excited! :D

message 27: by Breanna (new)

Breanna Thompson (breanna_thompson) | 1 comments Hey everyone i know this is a late intro but hey who cares!

My name is Bree I'm from Aus and I am a book hoarder like legit. Anyway i have already read QOS but i will read it again along with everyone else! I actually got the book the day it came out straight after school a went to the mall and asked for copy and it wasn't even out on the shelf yet it was too good that i stayed up from 4:00 pm to 1:00 am in the morning reading it.. oh how I do love Sarah j

Anyway... I'm obsessed with all YA and yeah I'm just a generally crazy,fangirl, obsessed person and my fav book so far for 2015 is ACOTAR and QOS......! thanks everyone :)

QUEEN OF SHADOWS READALONG | #BOOKISHSEPTEMBER

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Reawakened (other topics)