Texas Readers discussion

Welcome > New Member Introductions

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teri (new)

Teri (teriboop) Stop by and say Hello!

message 2: by Teri (new)

Teri (teriboop) I invite new and current members to say hello!

I am Teri and I have been a long time member of Goodreads and am a member of a couple of (mostly) inactive groups. I've been in this group for a while but have noticed little to no activity. While looking for group located in Texas, I remembered this group and noticed that there is no moderator, so I claimed the title (for now), in the hopes that we could revive it.

Would love to hear from anyone that is out there and active. I thought I'd build some folders for the general state areas (i.e. north, south, central, east, west) with more defined topics below that to get us started. Thoughts on what else you'd like to see?

message 3: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Nachlinger | 15 comments Thank you for taking on the job of moderator. Maybe this group will come back to life!

message 4: by Michaela (new)

Michaela Dunaway | 1 comments Hello, I'm Michaela! Glad to be part of this group :)

message 5: by Tommy (new)

Tommy Attaway (tommyattaway) | 1 comments Hi - I'm new to the site and am interested in connecting to fellow Texans that can read. my primary interests are in Texas culture and history.

And As it is sure to come up later, yes I have written a book.

message 6: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracylemos) Hi and cheers to our new moderator! I'm a native Texan unfortunately migrated to Florida. But my heart and family are in Texas. I read all kinds of books....

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elanger) | 2 comments Howdy Y'all! I'm new to the site so I'm ready to get some good book recommendations.

message 8: by Sean (new)

Sean Jacobs (seanejacobs) | 1 comments Hello Everyone.
I am Sean E. Jacobs and have authored over a dozen novels, several local history books, and another new genre for me recently, paranormal romance. I live outside of Austin, Texas in Georgetown. I found this group and felt my attention to Texas History and true stories a perfect match to my interests. My website is www.seanejacobs.com. Thank you for accepting me to your group! SEAN

message 9: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Humphrey (phumphrey) Howdy, All!

I'm looking forward to learning more about what y'all are reading, both fiction & non-fiction.

message 10: by Yadira (new)

Yadira  Denisse | 1 comments Hello everyone!! I am not originally from Texas but I've lived here for the past 16 years. I live in the Houston area. I join the group because I wanted to connect with readers closer to home. I am interested in all kinds of books from fiction to non-fiction, dystopia novels, history books as long as they get my attention, and classics. If I can read it without hesitating I will read I it.

message 11: by Sandra (last edited May 09, 2016 02:19PM) (new)

Sandra Nachlinger | 15 comments Yadira wrote: "Hello everyone!! I am not originally from Texas but I've lived here for the past 16 years. I live in the Houston area. I join the group because I wanted to connect with readers closer to home. I am..."
Welcome to the group, Yadira and Pamela.

message 12: by S.A. (new)

S.A. Shaffer | 1 comments Greetings,
I'm originally from Seattle, but I moved to San Antonio in 16. Still getting used to all the differences. Does it ever rain here? Love reading an writing and hate Amazon's new review system. Check me out at https://www.sashaffer.com

message 13: by John (new)

John Beach (johncbeach) | 1 comments Hello Texas Readers,

What are your favorite bookstores? Once this pandemic is over, will you be visiting more often?

I will get my historical fiction novel (action / adventure) on shelves in the best independent bookstores across Texas. Especially the places with authentic Texas flavor and swagger.

If you read action/adventure and Texas history, let me know your favorite haunts.

Sincerely,

John C. Beach
Author: SECURED IN STONE
P.S. There's a Goodreads giveaway starting Dec 11, 2020