Emily March Fans discussion

Emily March
This topic is about Emily March
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
The Clubhouse > Let's Help Emily Answer a Question!

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Paula Radell (lady_lovesbooks) | 2103 comments Mod
Members, Emily needs our help as she continues to write. Headline Eternal, out of London, UK, is celebrating their third anniversary on September 3rd. They've asked Emily to be part of their celebrations - but we need her readers to answer this question -- from ANY of her books, not just the Eternity Springs Series. See their quote below, think of your favorite "Leather Wearing Lad" from any of Emily's books and tell us why you chose him! If there are multiple entries, Emily can select her personal favorite from among them next week.

We need to send our answer in by NEXT Monday, the 31st.

Here's the text from their message and a link to their Pinterest Board:

"...We’ve chosen a leather theme (taking inspiration from the gift for a third anniversary!) and found it lends itself rather well to romance! All next week we’ll be promoting our Eternal titles, sharing some of our favourite leather-featuring quotes from the books and offering giveaways as well.

We’ve also created a Pinterest board called ‘Loving A Leather-Clad Lad’ where we’ve picked a selection of our favourite leather-wearing heroes. We’d love to ask you to pick yours and let us know why you’ve chosen him!"

Here is the link to the board on Pinterest: https://uk.pinterest.com/headlineeter... "

message 2: by Kay (new)

Kay (kkfar) | 502 comments Wow. Tuff question. Will be thinking on this one.

message 3: by Emily, Author (new)

Emily March (emilymarchbooks) | 113 comments Mod
Thank you! I really need the help.

I thought about Celeste since she wears motorcycle leathers, but I don't really think that's what they're looking for.

message 4: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Klepfer (chelseaklepfer) | 94 comments I like the idea of Celeste as a leather-clad hero Emily but looking over Headline Eternal's Pinterest board, I have to agree that it seems to be more hot guy-oriented.

I'd imagine that Jack Davenport wears a leather jacket at times with his CIA job or else one of the Callahan brothers from your Brazos Bend series seem like they'd be leather-clad from time to time. :)

message 5: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Veazey Wow! They have some of the hottest men on their board. I think Jack Davenport would work because he rides a bike. Obviously he is a hottie too.

message 6: by Paula, Moderator (new)

I'd have to agree that Jack Davenport was the first one who came to mind because of motorcycle leathers and how they might cling to his....muscles. *shame on me....it's too early to be drooling on my keyboard.*

message 7: by Kay (new)

Kay (kkfar) | 502 comments Emily wrote: "Thank you! I really need the help.

I thought about Celeste since she wears motorcycle leathers, but I don't really think that's what they're looking for."

Celeste came to me also because of the leather and motorcycle correlation too but I think you are correct, it isn't what they are looking for. I also have to agree with the others, Jack Davenport is the one that I think of too. He is tall, dark, dangerous, and gorgeous, plus he rides a motorcycle. At least he rode one till he totaled it when he sent it over the mountain.☺️ He can always get another one.

message 8: by Paula, Moderator (new)

KK wrote: "Emily wrote: "Thank you! I really need the help.

I thought about Celeste since she wears motorcycle leathers, but I don't really think that's what they're looking for."

Celeste came to me also b..."
Thinking about Jack in leather is going to keep a smile on my face and a warmth in my - tummy - all day.

message 9: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Veazey I'm all for Jack getting a new bike real quick! How about a shiny candy apple red bike? Please wear the helmet!

message 10: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Jennie wrote: "I'm all for Jack getting a new bike real quick! How about a shiny candy apple red bike? Please wear the helmet!" I see him on a black Ducati...any my eyes water from lust.

message 11: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Veazey Hmm......that could work. I was thinking about a tricked out Harley. We know he's got the cash to lay down for a expensive new bike. A naughty new bike for a naughty boy. lol. Sorry. I just went with that thought.

message 12: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Jennie wrote: "Hmm......that could work. I was thinking about a tricked out Harley. We know he's got the cash to lay down for a expensive new bike. A naughty new bike for a naughty boy. lol. Sorry. I just went wi..." He'd make any bike look good. I had another thought that was unsuitable for such a classy group, so let's leave it there. ;-0

message 13: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Veazey Agreed.

message 14: by Lola (last edited Aug 27, 2015 03:36PM) (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments Got to be Jack, hum Paula , Matt Bomer ,tight black leather pants ! Drool

message 15: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Oh, Lola....you got me there. Going to post a treat tomorrow in photos...

message 16: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Veazey Jack! lol. He justified is...

Can't wait to see the post tomorrow.

message 17: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Voilá! Ze photo eez posted. I hope you like it. I spent well over an hour doing research on handsome men in leather...poor me...then sent the photos to our esteemed author and we chose this one. Please tell us if we got it right!

message 18: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Veazey Hello Handsome!!

message 19: by Lesley (new)

Lesley | 669 comments Cann't find the photo of Jack?

message 20: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Lesley wrote: "Cann't find the photo of Jack?" Hi, Lesley, it's on page two of our photos page - here's the link that should take you right to the photo.

https://www.goodreads.com/photo/group...

message 21: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Lola wrote: "Got to be Jack, hum Paula , Matt Bomer ,tight black leather pants ! Drool"

Lola, I could not find a good photo of Matt B in tight leather pants (didn't look at the Magic Mike photos, but...there weren't many pants there as I recall). I did find two others - one with Matt in a leather jacket, and one very serious headshot that made me think of Jack - and because he's a favorite of yours, I'm going to post them in our photo feed as a treat just for you and the other Bomer Babes in the group!

message 22: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Veazey I think I have a crush! lol. Thank you Paula!

message 23: by Kay (new)

Kay (kkfar) | 502 comments Paula the pic you and Emily picked for Jack is perfect. It is exactly the way I see him looking. Be still my heart.

message 24: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Thank you, Jennie and KK - Who knew that one of the perks of being in this group was finding men to bond over? Icing on the cake, I'd say! Have a wonderful weekend, ladies!

message 25: by Lola (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments Thanks for the eye candy!!! If it wasn't so smokey here I would be panting !!!! It is so bad again ,you can taste the smoke. I love hanging my clothes out on the clothes line but now it would smell like smoke. My sinuses are driving me crazy, my head feels twice as big ! And the tears I have a Kleenex in my hand constantly.

message 26: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Veazey Lola I'm so sorry that you are having such a bad day! It must be so hard for those poor guys fighting the fire! My prayers for all of you!

message 27: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Veazey Paula, reading your posts reminds me of the name for Jack in the book. Jack James Bond Davenport, what a man and what a name! I have to give a big thank you to Ms. Emily March for mentioning that Jack's father was a computer engineer and that he was born in Palo Alto, Ca. I was born and live in the Bay Area here in California, and Palo Alto is part of the Bay and a stones throw from me! Woo Hoo!!

message 28: by Lola (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments Jennie wrote: "Lola I'm so sorry that you are having such a bad day! It must be so hard for those poor guys fighting the fire! My prayers for all of you!"

Thank you, my daughter fought wild fires here when she was younger , so I add my prayers to yours.

message 29: by Lola (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments Jennie wrote: "Lola I'm so sorry that you are having such a bad day! It must be so hard for those poor guys fighting the fire! My prayers for all of you!"

Jennie,
Next time I need a prayer I'm coming to you ! A big rain storm just came through and all the smoke is gone! Thanks

message 30: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Veazey Lola,
God bless and keep you all safe! Enjoy the rain hon! We need it.

message 31: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Veazey Lola,
God bless and keep you all safe! Enjoy the rain hon! We need it.

message 32: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Veazey Oh wow! Chapter 11 was so good! It brought tears to my eyes. Poor Jack and Cat!

message 33: by Lesley (new)

Lesley | 669 comments Paula wrote: "Lesley wrote: "Cann't find the photo of Jack?" Hi, Lesley, it's on page two of our photos page - here's the link that should take you right to the photo.

https://www.goodreads.com/photo/group......"

Thank you for the link, don't know why but I thought Jack would look a little older.

message 34: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Lesley wrote: "Paula wrote: "Lesley wrote: "Cann't find the photo of Jack?" Hi, Lesley, it's on page two of our photos page - here's the link that should take you right to the photo.

https://www.goodreads.com/p..."

Chances are he would look a little older, Lesley; I have to admit, Emily and I fell for the intensity of this image, and since it's going to go up on Pinterest, we wanted to attract some serious attention to our photo and our character!! However, we are interested in feedback from all of you who love Jack -- so, who would you choose to play Jack if you could cast the perfect actor in the role?

message 35: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Jennie wrote: "Oh wow! Chapter 11 was so good! It brought tears to my eyes. Poor Jack and Cat!" That chapter was one of at least 3 big tear-jerkers in the book for me. *sigh*

message 36: by Lola (last edited Aug 30, 2015 09:55PM) (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments Tom Selleck ,right after Magnum PI. He still looks yummy !

message 37: by Kay (new)

Kay (kkfar) | 502 comments I just uploaded 2 pics of Hugh Jackman for the Jack Davenport part. added a little leather to go with Emily's other search. Such a cutie.

message 38: by Lesley (new)

Lesley | 669 comments Paula wrote: "Lesley wrote: "Paula wrote: "Lesley wrote: "Cann't find the photo of Jack?" Hi, Lesley, it's on page two of our photos page - here's the link that should take you right to the photo.

https://www...."

Not really sure who I would pick, although I often have an image of a character in my head I'm not too good at transferring that image to a named personality

message 39: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Veazey Ok. Emily March, you made me cry! The last chapter of Nightingale Way was amazing! Poor Jack and Cat. I know they finally found happiness but I wish they could have kids. I loved this story.

message 40: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Jennie wrote: "Ok. Emily March, you made me cry! The last chapter of Nightingale Way was amazing! Poor Jack and Cat. I know they finally found happiness but I wish they could have kids. I loved this story."

Jennie - I'm right there with you. I thought I'd had plenty of tearjerkers in the first four books -- this one pulled the rug out from under me.

message 41: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Lesley wrote: "Paula wrote: "Lesley wrote: "Paula wrote: "Lesley wrote: "Cann't find the photo of Jack?" Hi, Lesley, it's on page two of our photos page - here's the link that should take you right to the photo. ..."
I know - I always have my own image as I read, it's only later that I see someone and think....WOW, that person would be perfect for Jack, or Sage, or Sarah. As an only child I needed to entertain myself a lot growing up!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.