What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Pre-Twilight young adult vampire book with vampire attacking the chubby jackass of the story

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Starr (new)

Starr Clarke (leadingblind) | 10 comments Back in the mid 1990s, when I was just getting into all the young adult vampire fiction there was to devour, I read either one or two books in a series I could never find again. Of course, I've completely forgotten the title and author now that I'm in my thirties. However, I can say that there was a female vampire involved who I believe was supposed to be a villain or anti hero. I distinctly remember one specific scene that involved the vampire attacking the chubby jackass of the story na movie theater parking lot. He turns into a vampire afterwards. I also remember reading the preview for the next book in which he is an even bigger jerk off as a vampire, but that's it. Can anyone help me?

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37562 comments Mod
Moving to Unsolved since you're looking for a specific book.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Could you it maybe be the vampire series by Christopher Pike? It's with a female main vamp

The Last Vampire (The Last Vampire, #1) by Christopher Pike

He has this series too but think its later -
Thirst No. 1 The Last Vampire, Black Blood, and Red Dice (Thirst, #1) by Christopher Pike

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 257 comments Those are actually the same series, the second is an omnibus version.

message 6: by Starr (new)

Starr Clarke (leadingblind) | 10 comments I read The Last Vampire series. As I recall the whole thing ended up being a story written by one of the characters involved who was dying of AIDS. Not the same series but thank you for trying

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Starr is still looking for this:

"I am looking for a pre-Twilight YA vampire novel. I believe the antagoists name is Nina. She is the vampire in the story. Now many years later, the only scenes I recall are one from the actual book and oe from the second follow up story I never found. Both involved the vampire - who is definitely wicked and no Edward Cullen - stalking someone in a parking lot. When she is thwarted she attacks the other quasi-antagonist in the story - an overweight jerk nerd with glasses. The previews scene involve finding out he became a vampire and he was EXTRA not-nice in such a state. I know the vampiress was after a particular guy, had her at least partly in his thrall, and wanted his g/f out of the way. A real horror love triangle in lieu of Dracula. I'm pretty dang sure this IS NOT the name of the author. Nina is DEFINITELY the name of a character in a book - if I am right. If I'm thinking of the right name at all! But I know I'm in the right ballpark. Nina, Mina, Rita... but I'm almost positive it was Nina."

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Starr, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 9: by Starr (new)

Starr Clarke (leadingblind) | 10 comments Still looking.

message 10: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32118 comments Mod
Can we eliminate The Reformed Vampire Support Group (2009) by Catherine Jinks which appears to be too recent?

(Google seaach - site:www.goodreads.com "young adult" "vampire" "nina")

message 11: by Starr (new)

Starr Clarke (leadingblind) | 10 comments No. Definitely not.

message 12: by Starr (new)

Starr Clarke (leadingblind) | 10 comments Starting to realize a huge mistake was made in.my original search but can't figure out why. Because I NEVER - NEVER - typed the name Nina.

I typed RITA. So what's with the drastic autocorrect change that I just caught two years later????