What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Novel in a series about someone who transverses worlds with friends [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Oxenreider | 2 comments I believe this is a YA genre and I read it around 2007-08.

In this series, a young man travels to different worlds through a portal, I think. He belongs to a particular set of people who do this and they each have a ring that allows them to do this. In this particular novel, he is chasing a man who has killed one of his friends in a previous novel and ends up on a world run by a corporation who hosts games worldwide, in which the equivalent of a c.e.o. has already been acquainted with him.

In this world, games are currency. Players wear different colored shirts (red/yellow stands out to me) and they are played to the death. The young man is mistaken as one of these players and must compete in the games to find out where his friends killer is or something.

I am looking for the name of this novel and the name of the series as this novel is the only one I have read and want to read the others. Hopefully the info should be enough but if needed, I can provide more details if requested. Thank you.

message 2: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Oxenreider | 2 comments I have found the name. It is The Quillan Games - The Pendragon Adventure series by D. J. MacHale.

message 3: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (notemily) | 478 comments The Quillan Games for the link.