YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Hawthorn - Chat (F) ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 85 (85 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Michaela (last edited Aug 29, 2015 04:42PM) (new)

Michaela (readingrowena) | 736 comments Team Hawthorn:
Rachmi ✔
Twila ✔
Mickey ✔
Kate ✔
Abbi ✔
Melany ✔
Anne

message 2: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 28 comments I think this is my group :) there was Abbi or Abbue and I didn't know if that was meant to be me or not so if there is an Abbi in this group can you let me know that I'm in the wrong one please haha :D

message 3: by Michaela (new)

Michaela (readingrowena) | 736 comments Abbie wrote: "I think this is my group :) there was Abbi or Abbue and I didn't know if that was meant to be me or not so if there is an Abbi in this group can you let me know that I'm in the wrong one please hah..."

I don't know, a mod should say, but I think that's you. I'll just put the check next you and if there is a problem we will figure it out. :)

message 4: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 28 comments Thanks :)

message 5: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Hi, Rachmi's here. Thank you for creating the thread, Mickey :)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 82893 comments Mod
Yes, Abbie, it's you! Don't know where that 'e' went! Sorry ☺

message 7: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 28 comments Okay cool thanks. I just got a but confused :)

message 8: by Twila (new)

Twila | 940 comments Hi team!
I had Special K for breakfast, so I'm ready :)

message 9: by Michaela (new)

Michaela (readingrowena) | 736 comments Rachmi wrote: "Hi, Rachmi's here. Thank you for creating the thread, Mickey :)"
@Rachmi @Twila No probem guys! Your already checked!

message 10: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Hi Sarah said I could join your team.

message 11: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 28 comments Hey. So what is everyone planning on reading? :)

message 12: by Abbi (new)

Abbi | 59 comments I'm also Abbi am I in the wrong group? Lol

message 13: by Abbi (new)

Abbi | 59 comments I'm also Abbi am I in the wrong group? Lol

message 14: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 28 comments Oh. I have no clue. I got confused two. Urm best of asking one of the mods and they could let you know. :) Oh the confusion! Haha

message 15: by Abbi (new)

Abbi | 59 comments Oh okay I'll comment on the other thread

message 16: by Abbi (new)

Abbi | 59 comments Oh okay I'll comment on the other thread

message 17: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Abbie wrote: "Hey. So what is everyone planning on reading? :)"

I think I want to read these books on September Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4) by Sarah J. Maas Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles, #1) by Melina Marchetta Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon Hero (Woodcutter Sisters #2) by Alethea Kontis Dearest (Woodcutter Sisters, #3) by Alethea Kontis and 8 eARCs I got since forever ago.

How about you?

message 18: by Kate (new)

Kate ★ (spillsandspoils) | 993 comments Hello, team! I'm ready! :)

message 19: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 28 comments I'm thinking if reading miss perugrines home for peculiar children and some others that I haven't decided yet :)

message 20: by Kate (new)

Kate ★ (spillsandspoils) | 993 comments These are what I've surely decided on.

Paper Towns by John Green I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

The rest I have yet to decide.

message 21: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 28 comments Oh I'm reading paper towns at the moment it's really good :)

message 22: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Abbie wrote: "I'm thinking if reading miss perugrines home for peculiar children and some others that I haven't decided yet :)"

I'm thinking to read Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children too, before the movie releases :)

message 23: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 28 comments Yeah I really hope the movie is good. I mean it's a Tim burton movie so I assume it's going to be good :)

message 24: by Michaela (new)

Michaela (readingrowena) | 736 comments I am copying one of my comments from the Wanted: Reading Buddies Thread so I don't write everything twice and if some of you want to read these :) :

""I am also searching for buddies for All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven , Slide (Slide, #1) by Jill Hathaway , Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2) by Leigh Bardugo ( I think that there is an actual buddy read for this one but not sure yet?), The House of Hades (Heroes of Olympus, #4) by Rick Riordan (maybe), Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens & The Blue-Haired Boy (Faking Normal #0.5) by Courtney C. Stevens (maybe), Boys Like You by Juliana Stone (maybe)?
The ones without 'maybe' after them are surely going to be read!

Also here are some smaller ones:
The Fall of Icarus by Ovid , Circe and the Cyclops by Homer , Jason and Medea by Apollonius of Rhodes , Sindbad the Sailor by Unknown , Graffex Dracula (Graffex) by Fiona MacDonald . ""

And the whole team has checked in already! Great, guys!

message 25: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

You're all checked in ☺

message 26: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Hi so I was going to read American Gods (American Gods, #1) by Neil Gaiman Stardust by Neil Gaiman Uprooted by Naomi Novik The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3) by Leigh Bardugo The Copper Gauntlet (Magisterium, #2) by Holly Black

message 27: by Twila (new)

Twila | 940 comments I'm still trying to figure out what all I'll read, but I have a few buddy reads planned already :)

message 28: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Rachmi wrote: "Abbie wrote: "I'm thinking if reading miss perugrines home for peculiar children and some others that I haven't decided yet :)"

I'm thinking to read Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children too,..."

I thought so too! I love Tim Burton movies so far, so I'm sure it'll be good too.

Just let me know when you want to read the book, I might buddy read it with you :)

message 29: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Melany wrote: "Hi so I was going to read American Gods (American Gods, #1) by Neil GaimanStardust by Neil GaimanUprooted by Naomi NovikThe Golem and the Jinni by Helene WeckerRuin and Rising (The Grisha, #3) by Leigh Bardugo[bookc..."

I love Neil Gaiman! But I haven't read American Gods yet, when do you want to read it? It isn't in my September reading list but now I'm interested to read it with you :)

message 30: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Rachmi wrote: "I love Neil Gaiman! But I haven't read American Gods yet, when do you want to read it? It isn't in my September reading list but now I'm interested to read it with you :)"
Whenever is fine for me when would be best for you?

message 31: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 28 comments Urm I was thinking of reading miss perigrines home for peculiar children as the first book I read in September. I would love to do a buddy read :D

message 32: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Adding Anne to your team ☺

message 33: by Anne (new)

Anne  (annwiththee) Hi everyone :) I just got added to your group. I look forward to discussing books with you.

message 34: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Rachmi wrote:
I love Neil Gaiman! But I haven't read American Gods yet, when do you want to read it? It isn't in my September reading list but now I'm interested to read it with you :)

Do you still want to read American Gods with me?

message 35: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Anne wrote: "Hi everyone :) I just got added to your group. I look forward to discussing books with you."

Hi want books are you planning on reading?

message 36: by Anne (last edited Aug 30, 2015 05:54PM) (new)

Anne  (annwiththee) >Melany wrote: "Anne wrote: "Hi everyone :) I just got added to your group. I look forward to discussing books with you."

Hi want books are you planning on reading?"

Hi Melany! I plan on reading these: Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare Looking for Alaska by John Green This is Not a Test (This is Not a Test #1) by Courtney Summers This World We Live In (Last Survivors, #3) by Susan Beth Pfeffer Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1) by Leigh Bardugo

But honestly I change my mind a lot at the last minute. What about you? I am open to recommendations and buddy reads :)

message 37: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Anne wrote: "But honestly I change my mind a lot at the last minute. What about you? I am open to recommendations and buddy reads :)"

These are the books I'd like to get to American Gods (American Gods, #1) by Neil Gaiman Uprooted by Naomi Novik The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3) by Leigh Bardugo Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5) by Marissa Meyer Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning

But I've also been meaning to read Looking for Alaska so I could read that with you, if you wanted.

message 38: by Anne (last edited Aug 30, 2015 06:46PM) (new)

Anne  (annwiththee) Yes :) I wouldn't mind buddy reading it with you at all--Just say when.

P.S. I read Uprooted by Naomi Novik two books ago. It's nice.

message 39: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Anne wrote: "Yes :) I wouldn't mind buddy reading it with you at all--Just say when."

Can you do the 5th?

message 40: by Anne (new)

Anne  (annwiththee) Deal. Want to shake on it? :)

message 41: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Anne wrote: "Deal. Want to shake on it? :)"

Cool so I'll set up the thread so we can get credit for the challenge!

message 42: by Anne (new)

Anne  (annwiththee) Okay. Will do!

message 43: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Melany wrote: "Rachmi wrote:
Do you sti..."

Yes, I still want to read it with you, but I saw that there's already have American Gods buddy read schedule, right?

message 44: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Abbie wrote: "Urm I was thinking of reading miss perigrines home for peculiar children as the first book I read in September. I would love to do a buddy read :D"

Sorry for my late reply, Abbie. I rarely check on Goodreads at weekend :) I saw that there's already Miss Peregrin's buddy read thread. So I take that we'll read it on that date?

message 45: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Rachmi wrote: "Melany wrote: "Rachmi wrote:
I love Neil Gaiman! But I haven't read American Gods yet, when do you want to read it? It isn't in my September reading list but now I'm interested to read it with you ..."

No not for this month we have to request it

message 46: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Melany wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Melany wrote: "Rachmi wrote:
I love Neil Gaiman! But I haven't read American Gods yet, when do you want to read it? It isn't in my September reading list but now I'm interested to re..."

I just read its thread, apparently it sets for this month schedule, my bad I didn't check it first :D

So when do you want to read it? I haven't have any buddy read schedule yet, but I think I'm gonna take it slowly as I'll read many big books on September, will it be a problem for you?

message 47: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Rachmi wrote: "Melany wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Melany wrote: "Rachmi wrote:
I love Neil Gaiman! But I haven't read American Gods yet, when do you want to read it? It isn't in my September reading list but now I'm i..."

LOL it's ok No that sounds fantastic, because I'm planning to read 2 of the Game of Thrones books so I can do slow. Do want to do the 9th?

message 48: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Melany wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Melany wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Melany wrote: "Rachmi wrote:
I love Neil Gaiman! But I haven't read American Gods yet, when do you want to read it? It isn't in my September reading lis..."

I can do on the 9th! I'll ask Abbie/Sarah to change the date, then.

Which Game of Thrones will you read, by the way?

message 49: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Rachmi wrote: "I can do on the 9th! I'll ask Abbie/Sarah to change the date, then.

Which Game of Thrones will you read, by the way? "

Ok awesome thanks! A Feast of Crows and A Dance With Dragons

message 50: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Melany wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "I can do on the 9th! I'll ask Abbie/Sarah to change the date, then.

Which Game of Thrones will you read, by the way? "

Ok awesome thanks! A Feast of Crows and A Dance With Dragons"

Whoa, it's book 4 and 5, I think, right? I still have a long way to go with this series :D Read A Game of Thrones two months ago, and loved it but I don't know yet when I will read the rest of the series.

Here's American Gods' thread link https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.