YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Willow (S)-Chat ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 212 (212 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by C.P. (last edited Aug 31, 2015 11:31AM) (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Team Willow:
Courtney ✔
Noella ✔
Elizabeth ✔
Rebecca ✔
Taylor ✔
Danielle ✔
Ashley

Can every member of this team please comment to say you are ready before September 1st.

message 2: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments So, since I set the thread it's probably obvious I'm here. :)

Looking forward to this challenge everyone! :D

message 3: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Hey, team. Thought I would post some of the books I plan to read in September. If you want to buddy read any, let me know.

A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston Already has buddy read starting the 5th
Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Ryrie Brink Already has buddy starting the 10th
Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, #2) by Brandon Sanderson This will probably be a buddy read with a few people
Desperation (The Island #1) by C.B. Stone
The Magic of Math Solving for x and Figuring Out Why by Arthur Benjamin Reading this before the release on the 8th
Resurrection (The Alien Documentaries, #1) by P.D. Kalnay Reading at beginning of month before release
The Stereotypical Freaks (Forever Friends, #1) by Howard Shapiro
Believarexic by J.J. Johnson

message 4: by Noella (new)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Checking in ~

@Courtney So many upcoming releases. Hope you enjoy them :) I'm going to try pick up those that have been sitting ony my shelf for ages in Sept!

message 5: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments I think I am the Rebecca mentioned who's in this group so checking in

message 6: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments I think i will probably join in with the group read of 'A Thousand Nights' as it sounds really interesting.

A few reads i was going to be doing myself anyway include:

Immortal City by Scott Speer (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...)

Swift by R.J.Anderson
(https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...)

The Warden at the gates by D.L.Miles (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...)

Dark Angel by Eden Maguire (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9...)

Embrace by Jessica Shirvington (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8...)

Anyone who wants to join me in these are more than welcome :)

message 7: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Hi guys! glad to have you on my team! :D

message 8: by Danielle ♥ (new)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments I'm here!! Looking forward to playing with you guys! :)

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments I'm here, and I'm ready for this! :D

message 10: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments I don't have many books planned yet; I've a few BR set up though, and plan to post another "seeking buddies" comment soon.

message 11: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Awesome! Hoping to have a few more buddy reads myself.

message 12: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments So for those interested, I have the following buddy reads already set up/in the works:

Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1) by Soman Chainani Freak of Nature (IFICS, #1) by Julia Crane

Let me know if you're interested and I'll get you links to the threads! :D

message 13: by Noella (new)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments @Courtney here's the thread for the False Prince. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Looking forward to it !

message 14: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Thanks, Noella! Me too. I've been wanting to pick that book up for a while now.

message 15: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (wordsuponpages) | 0 comments I am checking in! I can't wait to start! My school has started a 30 Book Challenge and whoever reads 30 books by the end of the school year gets entered into a contest for an iPad.

message 16: by Noella (new)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments @Taylor
Nice! Good luck :)

message 17: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84178 comments Mod
That sounds like a good contest!

message 18: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

You're all checked in ☺

message 19: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments That does sound like a good contest. A good way to get people to read more!

message 20: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Adding Ashley to your team ☺

message 21: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments :) Welcome aboard, Ashley!

message 22: by Noella (new)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments I'm starting to read, it's 1 Sep AEST :)

message 23: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Noella wrote: "I'm starting to read, it's 1 Sep AEST :)"

Awesome! We still have like... 8 hours to go yet here in the states. What are you reading first?!

message 24: by Noella (new)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments I'm starting with Last Breath (Morganville Vampires #11)
What will you read first?

message 25: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Noella wrote: "I'm starting with Last Breath (Morganville Vampires #11)
What will you read first?"

Uhm. I'm starting the month off with a buddy read-- Between the Lines, by Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer.

I'll also be reading Nirvana, by J.R. Stewart.

message 26: by Noella (new)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Ooh Between the Lines sounds really interesting. I might hunt down a copy and join you later in the month :)

message 27: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Noella wrote: "Ooh Between the Lines sounds really interesting. I might hunt down a copy and join you later in the month :)"

Awesome! Yeah, it sounds WAY fun and the text is all colored and there are illustrations and I just... Also, there's a companion novel (Off the Page) and they have a youtube channel for the prince?!?! Like...all sorts of awesome going on with these books.

message 28: by Noella (new)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Hahah that's cool

message 29: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Finally started a few books. Was trying to cut back to about 12 this month, but I think it's going to be more like 20-30. Oh well.

message 30: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments @Courtney I'm always at jealous of how much reading you get done! It's awesome. :)

message 31: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Elizabeth, I'm always amazed at how much you and everyone else read!

Until joining this group I had never read more than 70 books a year. Now I'm getting close to 200. It's kind of insane for me.

message 32: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments I did not forget about this challenge- just finishing up a few reads I started at the end of August

message 33: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments I didn't think you had forgotten. :) I hope you enjoyed your reads from August!

message 34: by Noella (new)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments How's it going everyone?

I just found a buddy for my 400 page book. So it means I can rack up 8 points once I'm done. Hooray XD

message 35: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Yay! Going well. I'm working on three books. One is a buddy and it's over 1000 pages so that'll be 12 points. I won't be finished with that one for ages though.

message 36: by Noella (new)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Oh wow that's a monster of a read!

message 37: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments It is. It's Words of Radiance. It's my second time reading it. Love Sanderson's books.

message 38: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments I've finished my first book of September
Enchanter's Echo
Anise Rae
262 pages

and my link to the review
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Is that all I need?

message 39: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Also include the link to the edition of the book with that number of pages. There's actually an edition with 274 pages (I guess for this challenge they would give the same number of points though).

Leave it in our team review thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 40: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments sweet, so how many points is that?

message 41: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments also how do i put a picture in?

message 42: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments I think that's two points. If

Above the comment box there is an option to add book/author click that and search for the book you want. At the bottom there is an option to use cover or link, choose cover.

message 43: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments done- will you check it to see if it's right please

message 44: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Yep, that looks fine. And the link to the title is fine if you don't get the picture up. :)

message 45: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments @Elizabeth I see you have a buddy read for Cress scheduled. If I can fit it in I might join you. :)

message 46: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Courtney wrote: "@Elizabeth I see you have a buddy read for Cress scheduled. If I can fit it in I might join you. :)"

That would be awesome if you do--would you like the link to the thread just in case, or just want to let me know if you decide to join before we start and get it then?

message 47: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Also, just finished my first book for the month. Gave it 5 stars--September is off to an epic start! :D

How is everyone today (or this evening, as it's currently almost 6 pm my time)???

message 48: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Courtney wrote: "Elizabeth, I'm always amazed at how much you and everyone else read!

Until joining this group I had never read more than 70 books a year. Now I'm getting close to 200. It's kind of insane for me."

200 is epic! I've read... 114? books so far this year, which is crazy to me; this is the first year I've really READ so much, before now I'd go through phases but never read consistently despite loving books. I've discovered a TON of reads I'd never have found otherwise!

message 49: by Noella (new)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Also, just finished my first book for the month. Gave it 5 stars--September is off to an epic start! :D

How is everyone today (or this evening, as it's currently almost 6 pm my time)???"

Nice, glad you enjoyed your first book for the month!! I've finished my first book yesterday, just need to write a review tonight and post it up ^^

message 50: by Noella (new)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Courtney wrote: "Elizabeth, I'm always amazed at how much you and everyone else read!

Until joining this group I had never read more than 70 books a year. Now I'm getting close to 200. It's kind ..."

Same! It's these addictive challenges !

« previous 1 3 4 5
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.