An Abundance Of Katherines

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Heffner | 1076 comments Mod
Our book starting 08/25/2015

message 2: by Lilith (new)

Lilith | 802 comments Mod
So far the book is cute and funny at times. One thing I don't like is the notes at the bottom of the pages. I find that as you're reading it, you have to read the notes at the bottom as they appear throughout the paragraphs in order to know what it's referring to. As you're doing that, it interrupts the trance. I see the point...I just don't find it entirely relevant and I think it could have done without.

message 3: by Deborah (new)

I have read the first chapter and I didn't even notice the footnotes. Maybe I need to get my eyes checked. So far I think the book is cute. Poor Colin getting dumped by a Katherine.

message 4: by Deborah (new)

Three deed on West Side......page 17. Okay John Green can write how a little kid talks.

message 5: by Lilith (new)

This whole fug/fugging stuff just sounds stupid. I mean, if you're not swearing, don't swear and if you are, do. But don't kindv'e swear! No one says "fug"! lol!

message 6: by Deborah (new)

So Katherine I is my favorite. Even if she is eight she sounds delightful WHY? WHY? WHY?

message 7: by Deborah (new)

The whole fug thing is throughout the book. I am thinking this book is geared for middle schoolers. I wonder when the movie will be out?

message 8: by Deborah (new)

Tampon Strings! Yes, Tampon Strings. We are reading a book about tampon strings. :) J/K

message 9: by Deborah (new)

Deborah wrote: "The whole fug thing is throughout the book. I am thinking this book is geared for middle schoolers. I wonder when the movie will be out?"

Page 120 explains the whole fug thing.

message 10: by Lilith (new)

LOL! You know, that's what I was thinking about this whole fug business...that it's because John Green was keeping the swearing on the down-low for kids. I have reached that page actually, where it explains it. I'm on page 182.

The book's so-so. I feel like initially it started it off pretty well, then it got a bit boring and not much was happening. I was getting a bit fed up of his preoccupation with the theorem. And I feel that maybe the title of the book doesn't quite fit. Abundance of Katherines...He mentions his past relationships a couple of times but it doesn't seem like it's really as big of a part of the book as I expected.

message 11: by Deborah (new)

The book is all over the place. I am excited for Will Garrison!

message 12: by Lilith (new)

It's not Will Garrison! It's Will Grayson, dammit! =P

I just finished the book 20 mins ago. It was alright...didn't have as much substance as I expected it to. The note that Lindsey left for Colin was so cute!!

message 13: by Deborah (new)

Lilith wrote: "It's not Will Garrison! It's Will Grayson, dammit! =P

I just finished the book 20 mins ago. It was alright...didn't have as much substance as I expected it to. The note that Lindsey left for Colin..."

Ha I messed up. I am almost done. I should be finished by the end of today. I might go to Starbucks in a bit and finish it. Should we go right into the next John Green book? Or take a week off since we have the time?

message 14: by Lilith (new)

We have to start Will Grayson right after you're done because we have a break after anyways (between Will Grayson and the next book Piece of Cake.) If that's okay with you. It's going to be a fast, easy read. And I know you mentioned Paper Towns...I figure if you want to finish it, you can during the break? Would that be okay?

message 15: by Deborah (new)

So we can start Will Grayson on Sunday?

message 16: by Lilith (new)

By all means, if you're ready! That would be perfect!

message 17: by Deborah (new)

Lilith wrote: "By all means, if you're ready! That would be perfect!"

Yes, by tomorrow I will be on the new book.

message 18: by Deborah (new)

Katrina and TOC! Wtf!

message 19: by Deborah (new)

So I am sort of bothered by the ending. They drove off, but what happens after that? I feel cheated. :) I did like it, but overall not one of John Green's strongest books.

message 20: by Lilith (new)

I had the same sentiment! I found it was kind've inconclusive. I liked Fault in our Stars significantly better. Oh well!

message 21: by Deborah (new)

Okay it wasn't just me!