A Good Thriller discussion

Book Pals - Archive > September Book Pals ~ Post Your Thoughts

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Autumn (last edited Aug 25, 2015 07:34AM) (new)

Autumn (autumnmemory80) Once you and your Book Pal have selected and read your book, post what you thought of the book on this thread. Partners are listed in this thread below. Can't wait to hear about your book choices!

You can go to the original thread Book Pals and click on your partner to see their books and friend them.

** Just a Tip - I like to give my partner at least three books to choose from with one being my top choice. That way they have some freedom as well.

★ ★ IF you have made an attempt to contact your partner with no response, please private message me letting me know so I can work on getting you a new partner for the month. Please give it at least 7 days before posting a comment as not all of our members log in every day. THANK YOU!

Message 19 - Lalla & Message 5 - Devi
Message 40 - Gerard & Message - Angela
Message 43 - Jennifer & Message 28 - Josen
Message 12 - Luffy & Message 45 - Paige
Message 27 - Daisy & Message 7 - Lisa
Message 25 - Priya & Message 20 - Mallory Heart
Message 44 - Dusty & Message 9 - Celeste
Message 13 - Carla & Message 4 - Juliana
Message 6 - Sean & Message 3 - Kelby
Message 16 - Claire & Message 24 - Kim
Message 18 - Faouzia & Message 41 - Helen
Message 21 - Jamie & Message 17 - Laura
Message 22 - Rosie & Message 8 - Lisa
Message 23 - Hannah & Message 14 - Jill
Message 46 - Maryann & Message 2 - Kirsten
Message 42 - Malia & Message 10 - Perri
Message 31 - Tim & Message 49 - Autumn
Message 26 - Ray & Message 30 - Denise
Message 11 - Brenda & Message 29 - Rokovoko

message 2: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (autumnmemory80) Tim and I will be reading Lock In. I cannot wait because the geek in me knows the audio has Wil Wheaton as the narrator!

message 3: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Sean Peters | 9510 comments Mod
Kelby and I will be reading

The Crucifix Killer (Robert Hunter, #1) by Chris Carter

message 4: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 8103 comments I got paired with Maryann. I can't see how I can dm Maryann, even though we're friends. I left a note in comments for her to get in touch with me. So, I'll leave a note for her here too!

@Autumn (not Amber, so not Amber) - I think Maryann and I were book pals before. Did you mean to do that? I really don't mind as long as Maryann gets in touch with me.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Brenda and I will be reading Ordinary Grace.
I'm so glad to have such a great book pal!

message 6: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) Paige and I are reading Imperfect Strangers.

message 7: by Faouzia (new)

Faouzia | 288 comments Helen and i will be reading Killing Floor :)

message 8: by Josen (new)

Josen (josens) Jennifer and I are going to read Shutter Island. Looking forward to it! :)

message 9: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Shutter Island, brilliant !!

Killing Floor Great !!

Imperfect Strangers ..Great... (get ready David)

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Richards (lisadawnrichards) | 70 comments Daisy and I will be reading Alone.

message 11: by Lisa (last edited Aug 29, 2015 02:30AM) (new)

Lisa (ylisa7) | 501 comments Lisa wrote: "Daisy and I will be reading Alone."

I think your partner is Rosie. Should we switch or just read more books:)

I sent a message to Rosie. I will read anything:)

message 12: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (ylisa7) | 501 comments Lisa wrote: "Daisy and I will be reading Alone."

Hi Lisa…I hope you and Daisy enjoy Alone.

I will be reading with both Daisy and Rosie. If anyone cares to join us maybe we can do a side "group" read.

Daisy and I picked:
Gray Mountain

and
Rosie and I picked
Runner

message 13: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (ylisa7) | 501 comments Maxie wrote: "Would anyone like to read Night ShiftNight Shift by Stephen King with me?"

I can read it if you can wait for me. Maybe towards the middle of the month?

message 14: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (ylisa7) | 501 comments Maxie wrote: "Darn. I was going to start it tomorrow, Lisa. I'll let you know, okay?"

Don't wait for me then:)

I'm still trying to finish up my August books, lol.

message 15: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 8103 comments Hey, Maryann, send me a note okay??

message 16: by Sean, Moderator (last edited Aug 30, 2015 07:48AM) (new)

Maxie

check with Autumn our girl who looks after the Book Pal

Everyone is partnered for this month, some like Lisa will read with her partner, then add you as a partner after reading her first one.

But you are now down for October, and Autumn may have someone extra to read now with you, but Lisa has offered to help, I would wait for Lisa.

message 17: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Please Note

If you do add yourself to the Book Pal

Check straight away at the beginning of each month, and add your partner as a friend, give them a chance to connect with you and check your bookshelf.

message 18: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (autumnmemory80) Lisa, did you get added twice? I thought I checked the pictures to make sure it was two different Lisas. If not, I can take on a second partner!

Who else? Did someone else have a problem?

Kirsten, I simply had a generator mix up the names and it paired them up randomly. I will make sure you have a different partner throughout the rest of 2015!

Who else can I help? PM me if there is a problem!

message 19: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 8103 comments Thanks, Autumn. Don't worry about it. I can always take a month off.

message 20: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (ylisa7) | 501 comments Autumn wrote: "Lisa, did you get added twice? I thought I checked the pictures to make sure it was two different Lisas. If not, I can take on a second partner!

Who else? Did someone else have a problem?

Kirst..."

No it was just a mistake. The other Lisa thought her partner was Daisy but Daisy was mine. So I contacted her partner, Rosie. No worries I can easily read two books and I know Lisa and Daisy are reading another one together.

message 21: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 8103 comments It's easy to do, @Lisa. I remember that happened to me one month.

message 22: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (ylisa7) | 501 comments Kirsten *Dogs Welcome - People Tolerated" wrote: "Thanks, Autumn. Don't worry about it. I can always take a month off."

I am also reading The Scarlet Letter for another PIFM. If you want to I can read that one with you. If not…enjoy your month off:)

message 23: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 8103 comments Oh, I don't know if I want to read that one again. I read it in HS.

I think I'll give Maryann a little extra time. (Hear that, Maryann? Please get in touch!)

message 24: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (ylisa7) | 501 comments Kirsten *Dogs Welcome - People Tolerated" wrote: "Oh, I don't know if I want to read that one again. I read it in HS.

I think I'll give Maryann a little extra time. (Hear that, Maryann? Please get in touch!)"

Sounds good.

message 25: by Danield (new)

Danield | 11 comments Maxie wrote: "Would anyone like to read Night ShiftNight Shift by Stephen King with me?"

Hi Maxie
Honestly I've never read any Stephen King and the more I think the more I know that I should give it a try,I will join you with all my joy and sceptic
Best regards from Luxembourg
Daniel

message 26: by Loretta (new)

Loretta Danield wrote: "Maxie wrote: "Would anyone like to read Night ShiftNight Shift by Stephen King with me?"

Hi Maxie
Honestly I've never read any Stephen King and the more I think the more I know that..."

Love the picture of your fury friend! So cute!

message 27: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (autumnmemory80) I am more than happy to take another partner if need be! Just want to help however I can!

message 28: by Celeste (new)

Celeste | 25 comments Dusty is going to be reading The Rook

I'm going to be reading Wayward . Honestly it was a toss up between this and The Martian, which I will be reading next. If anyone wants to join me with that, please feel free.

message 29: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (autumnmemory80) Celeste wrote: "Dusty is going to be reading The Rook

I'm going to be reading Wayward . Honestly it was a toss up between this and The Martian, which I will be read..."

Join you in reading Wayward or The Martian, because I could do either!!! Or both! :)

message 30: by Autumn (last edited Sep 01, 2015 06:09AM) (new)

Autumn (autumnmemory80) Danield wrote: "Hi Maxie
Honestly I've never read any Stephen King and the more I think the more I know that I should give it a try,I will join you with all my joy and sceptic
Best regards from Luxembourg
Daniel"

Is that a picture of an Airedale? I want one terribly, but I know they are so expensive. I am trying to get one through a rescue group.

message 31: by Celeste (new)

Celeste | 25 comments Autumn wrote: "Celeste wrote: "Dusty is going to be reading The Rook

I'm going to be reading Wayward . Honestly it was a toss up between this and The Martian, whic..."

Hahah Your always welcome to join. I think Wayward will be a quick read. How long to do you think it's likely to take you to finish. And when would you like to start.

message 32: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 8103 comments Autumn wrote: "Danield wrote: "Hi Maxie
Best regards from Lux..."

Just be prepared for the grooming bill. After watching too many episodes of "Animal Precinct" and "Animal Cops", I've decided to never adopt a dog with a wiry coat.

Also, please consider adopting from your local shelter. There's no reason to adopt a purebred. Especially since so-called mutts live longer.

Just my 2 cents!

message 33: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Autumn

We may have a problem with Danield, see how it goes.

Maxie is No Longer a member

message 34: by Perri (new)

Perri Malia and I are going to read Little Black Lies by Sharon Bolton as soon as I get my copy :)

message 35: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 8103 comments Sean wrote: "Autumn

We may have a problem with Danield, see how it goes.

Maxie is No Longer a member"

I may be reading too many thrillers. "We may have a problem with Daniel" sounded way too ominous.

message 36: by Lisa (last edited Sep 02, 2015 01:57AM) (new)

Lisa (ylisa7) | 501 comments Celeste and Autumn….you both should read The Martian. It was a great book.

And now I have Wayward on my list, lol.

message 37: by Celeste (new)

Celeste | 25 comments Lisa wrote: "Celeste and Autumn….you both should read The Martian. It was a great book.

And now I have Wayward on my list, lol."

I know right! It's crazy but I've been hearing so much about this book all of a sudden in the past couple of days which is mad because I have exactly 2 friends where im at that read as much as i do. Hopefully I shall get started on it in a day or 3 Lisa.

I've just started Wayward. Incidentally Lisa Wayward is the second book in the series, this Pines is the first book. Blew my mind!

message 38: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (autumnmemory80) Kirsten *Dogs Welcome - People Tolerated" wrote: "Autumn wrote: "Danield wrote: "Hi Maxie
Best r..."

I am all for shelter pets! That is how I got my cats, they are rescues from the shelter. The next dog I get will be a rescue from the shelter as well.

message 39: by Autumn (last edited Sep 02, 2015 06:31AM) (new)

Autumn (autumnmemory80) Celeste wrote: "I've just started Wayward. Incidentally Lisa Wayward is the second book in the series, this Pines is the first book. Blew my mind!

I am usually one who knows who-dun-it, but with Pines, I just finally have to give in and give up. It was such a mind trip! I had to finally say, I have no idea what is going on! I LOVED it! Did you watch Wayward Pines this summer?

message 40: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (autumnmemory80) Celeste wrote: "Hahah Your always welcome to join. I think Wayward will be a quick read. How long to do you think it's likely to take you to finish. And when would you like to start.

Girl, I have a problem. I want to read everything. I can start Wayward or The Martian next week. Let me know when you want to get started and I will join in whenever. :)

message 41: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 8103 comments Autumn wrote: "Kirsten *Dogs Welcome - People Tolerated" wrote: "Autumn wrote: "Danield wrote: "Hi Maxie
Honestly I've never read any Stephen King and the more I think the more I know that I should give it a try,..."

Great! I just think too many people that don't need to get a purebred insist on it when there are lots of great pets without the pedigree. My 16 year-old dog is not slowing down and I think she would've died years ago if she were a purebred. ('Course I also think she doesn't believe she's old either.)

message 42: by Celeste (new)

Celeste | 25 comments Autumn wrote: "Celeste wrote: "Hahah Your always welcome to join. I think Wayward will be a quick read. How long to do you think it's likely to take you to finish. And when would you like to start.

Girl, I have..."

Lol. I understand this problem you have. I have the same one. I feel like I have A.D.D. when it comes to books. I finished Wayward btw, and then because I'm O.C.D and it's part of a trilogy I went and read The Last Town because I needed to know, you know. Haven't seen the series yet though. Is the series as good?

I've just started The Martian, I didn't know I got replies on here because I didn't get any notifications and I just decided to check in. On the upside, I'm severely sleep deprived so I haven't managed to read much. Let me know when your going to be starting, I can always wait for you to catch up.

message 43: by Sean, Moderator (new)

I have read and finished

Loved the book and author

Four stars for me

message 44: by Jill (new)

Jill Epperson | 10 comments Hannah and I will be reading The Memory Child

message 45: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (ylisa7) | 501 comments Sean wrote: "I have read and finished

Loved the book and author

Four stars for me"

Looks good.

I just finished Runner ad really liked it. If you are a fan of Jack Reacher or Joe Pike give Patrick Lee's Sam Dryden a try:)

message 46: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (autumnmemory80) Celeste wrote: "Autumn wrote: "Celeste wrote: "Hahah Your always welcome to join. I think Wayward will be a quick read. How long to do you think it's likely to take you to finish. And when would you like to start...."

I loved the series! It was super good. If you have Hulu, you can watch the entire thing from the very beginning I am pretty sure. I am not sure if the show covered the entire book series, or just a glorified version of the first book only. I read the first book and it was great! I want to read the next two so much.

message 47: by Celeste (new)

Celeste | 25 comments I've done it!!!

Here is my review for WaywardWayward! : https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Here is my review for The Last Town :
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Aaaannndd I've finished The Martian but I still have the review to write.

message 48: by Celeste (new)

Celeste | 25 comments Autumn wrote: "Celeste wrote: "Autumn wrote: "Celeste wrote: "Hahah Your always welcome to join. I think Wayward will be a quick read. How long to do you think it's likely to take you to finish. And when would yo..."

My boyfriend is watching the series and he just tells me what's happening in it because who has the time to read and watch tv. I'd pick reading in any case and he'd pick tv. We're like Jack Sprat and his wife.

message 49: by Malia (new)

Malia (calypso007) | 27 comments I finished Little Black Lies, by Sharon Bolton, which Perri and I were reading together. Here is my review!

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 50: by Faouzia (new)

Faouzia | 288 comments I just finished Killing Floor, and i enjoyed it very much!
A great book for this month too :)

« previous 1