2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

The Lovely Bones
This topic is about The Lovely Bones
. Week 40: Made You Cry > The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Francesca | 391 comments I'm just starting to read this book for this topic of the challenge. I have already seen the movie which I enjoyed and I cried at the movie so I already know I'll end up crying at the book. Plus anything that deals with loss of a loved one or people moving on and saying goodbye, always makes me cry without fail.

message 2: by Biana (new) - added it

Biana I think the hard part wasn't that she was dead so much as she was witnessing what her loss did to the people left behind. Man, I'm a little misty right now!!!

Francesca | 391 comments Biana wrote: "I think the hard part wasn't that she was dead so much as she was witnessing what her loss did to the people left behind. Man, I'm a little misty right now!!!"

Definitely! Loss is something we can all relate to so it's definitely a more universal topic. I already keep getting quite emotional while reading it so I know I'm definitely going to end up crying properly at some point of it.

Francesca | 391 comments Finished it last night and it certainly did the job! Several times! Very emotional book.

message 5: by Jody (new) - rated it 1 star

Jody (jodybell) | 531 comments I feel like I'm in the minority, but I hated this book. I felt nothing at all. And it's not like I'm not emotional - I got ready reading a picture book to my daughter last night lol.

Francesca | 391 comments I don't think you are in the minority, I've known and seen on here a lot of people that didn't like it or hated it. I think it's a very divisive book!