paced reading horror and thrillers discussion

Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1)
This topic is about Storm Front
group reads archive > Storm Front 100% spoilers

Comments Showing 1-50 of 86 (86 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
Hi everyone, Storm Front won the poll for our September read. We'll start this on the 31st August.

Please remember to only post comments up to the designated %.

Who's joining me for next months read? :)

Maxine Marsh | 703 comments Mod
I have this one in paperback, so I'm in.

message 3: by Tom (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tom | 28 comments I will. I have been meaning to read this. Sitting on nightstand now.

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 600 comments I just bought a paperback yesterday, so it should be here next week. :)

Char I'm going to try.
Admittedly, my last few tries didn't work out so well. (Still have Tom Piccirilli's Choir of Ill Children sitting here.) But things have settled with my mom, (at least a little bit) and with my new house. So....I'm gonna try to read this with you guys. :)

message 6: by Mark (new)

Mark (mark-s) May I join in?
I have never joined in a group read before.

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
Charlene wrote: "I'm going to try.
Admittedly, my last few tries didn't work out so well. (Still have Tom Piccirilli's Choir of Ill Children sitting here.) But things have settled with my mom, (at least a little b..."

Good to hear your mum is doing a bit better. You must be exhausted with everything going on.
Hope you join us next month. :)

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
Mark wrote: "May I join in?
I have never joined in a group read before."

Absolutely, I hope it's a great first group read for you. :)

message 9: by Addy (new) - added it

Addy | 1944 comments Found my book! I'll be joining as well:)

Hi Mark! Please join in, the more the merrier!

message 11: by Justin (new)

Justin (justineaton) | 3492 comments Mod
I'm going to sit this one out.

Char Justin wrote: "I'm going to sit this one out."

Awww I was looking forward to reading one with you, Justin. I haven't seen you round much the last few months.

message 13: by Justin (last edited Aug 27, 2015 03:47PM) (new)

Justin (justineaton) | 3492 comments Mod
I stay active in this group but haven't done much in HA lately. This book doesn't look like something i would enjoy but maybe a buddy read some time?

Char Sounds good :)

message 15: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
Sorry it's late in happening but I've changed the spoilers to 25%. :)

Kirstin | 50 comments Started last night and I'm liking the humour. Harry seems like a great character.

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 600 comments Kirstin wrote: "Started last night and I'm liking the humour. Harry seems like a great character."

Still haven't gotten my copy yet....grrrr!

Kirstin | 50 comments Kimberly wrote: "Kirstin wrote: "Started last night and I'm liking the humour. Harry seems like a great character."

Still haven't gotten my copy yet....grrrr!"

I hope it gets there soon, Kimberly! I order books too and the wait can be so long. Fingers crossed! : )

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 600 comments Kirstin wrote: "Kimberly wrote: "Kirstin wrote: "Started last night and I'm liking the humour. Harry seems like a great character."

I hope it gets there soon, Kimberly..."

Kirstin wrote: "Kimberly wrote: "Kirstin wrote: "Started last night and I'm liking the humour. Harry seems like a great character."

I hope it gets there soon, Kimberly..."

Normally, I usually get the books within a week, but this one has been taking "forever"...I ordered it as soon as I saw it was ahead in the voting.

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 13 comments I like the combo of humor with horror

Char Terri wrote: "I like the combo of humor with horror"

You should try out some Jeff Strand, Terri. :)

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 600 comments Charlene wrote: "Terri wrote: "I like the combo of humor with horror"

You should try out some Jeff Strand, Terri. :)"

I second that!

And I finally got Storm Front!

Char I am planning to start this by tomorrow. I have a novella and a short story to knock off first. Be back soon! :)

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 600 comments Charlene wrote: "I am planning to start this by tomorrow. I have a novella and a short story to knock off first. Be back soon! :)"

I haven't quite gotten to it yet, either....but getting there!

message 25: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
Spoilers changed to 50%.

message 26: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
I haven't started this either, I'm travelling back to Australia tomorrow so hopefully will get to it en route.

Char Have a safe trip!

message 28: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
Charlene wrote: "Have a safe trip!"

Thanks, Char. :)

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 600 comments Have a safe trip Kate!
I haven't started yet--(I can't stop the BLACKWATER series by McDowell!!), but I'll read it all by the 100% mark! :)

Char I'm starting today!

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 600 comments Charlene wrote: "I'm starting today!"

So am I! (I just finished BLACKWATER).

I need to get my butt in gear and start this dang book already.

message 33: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
It's good to know I'm not the only one who hasn't started it. :)

Char Kate wrote: "It's good to know I'm not the only one who hasn't started it. :)"

Ha! Agreed! I was feeling pretty bad about lagging behind, but I feel better now. :)

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) | 299 comments Oh my! Goosebumps for adults! I read this earlier this year.

Just think of it like Goosebumps. :)

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 600 comments Kate wrote: "It's good to know I'm not the only one who hasn't started it. :)"

HA--exactly what I was thinking until I saw Char's post, too!!! Is anyone on time with this one??? So much with back to school here, and books that I simply HAD to read! ;)

message 37: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
Kimberly wrote: "Kate wrote: "It's good to know I'm not the only one who hasn't started it. :)"

HA--exactly what I was thinking until I saw Char's post, too!!! Is anyone on time with this one??? So much with bac..."

It doesn't seem like anyone is. We can just keep going with it if we're not finished it by the end of the month. No biggie. :)

Char I got up to about 8% last night. I like it so far. Harry Dresden is pretty funny, but I wonder if it will wear on my nerves after a while?

message 39: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
I'm up to 25%, I like Harry as well but the stuff with the faerie was a bit twee. I wasn't really keen on the world building around how it was caught. Perhaps I'm nitpicking.
How is everyone else going?

message 40: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
Spoilers changed to 75%.

11811 (Eleven) (11811) | 267 comments I wasn't a fan of this one. I read it a while ago but just stopped in to say there is a graphic novel coming out next month, free "read now" on netgalley for those of you who are digging the series -

https://s2.netgalley.com/catalog/book...

Char I'm about 35%. Love Bob the skull. :)
I agree about the fairy portion, though.
I'm looking forward to learning more about the Nevernever and the Council.

Char Thanks, Eleven!

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 600 comments 16%. Seems like it's going to be a fast read, but when they mentioned something about his faerie-godmother, I think I rolled my eyes--even though nobody was in the room with me.... ;)

message 45: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
Kimberly wrote: "16%. Seems like it's going to be a fast read, but when they mentioned something about his faerie-godmother, I think I rolled my eyes--even though nobody was in the room with me.... ;)"

I was mentally rolling my eyes too. :D

11811 (Eleven) wrote: "I wasn't a fan of this one. I read it a while ago but just stopped in to say there is a graphic novel coming out next month, free "read now" on netgalley for those of you who are digging the series..."

Thanks Eleven, that's cool!

Kirstin | 50 comments I finished it last night. It was ok. The humour did wear thin and I wanted Harry to be more of a badass than he was. :(

I would rather read Goosebumps. lol

There were some parts I thought were cool but I'll wait for 100% spoilers.

Kirstin | 50 comments 11811 (Eleven) wrote: "I wasn't a fan of this one. I read it a while ago but just stopped in to say there is a graphic novel coming out next month, free "read now" on netgalley for those of you who are digging the series..."

This would work well as a graphic novel, I think.

I finally started it and I'm digging it so far though I found the faery thing to be a bit hokey.

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 600 comments Maxine wrote: "I finally started it and I'm digging it so far though I found the faery thing to be a bit hokey."

46%, and I agree with Maxine--other than the faery conjuring, it's not too bad...

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Storm Front (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jeff Strand (other topics)