Japanese Literature discussion

This group > Looking for book club hosts

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carola (new)

Carola (carola-) | 167 comments I'm happy to see plenty of people eager to continue participating in this group!

I think it's a good idea to look for one or preferably two people who are interested in hosting the book club - that is, starting discussions/making topics for the books, and guiding the process of picking a book club read.

Please let me know if you're interested and we can further discuss!

message 2: by Hesper (new)

Hesper | 36 comments I could do this, especially if the reading period runs for two months.

message 3: by rows (new)

rows (rosesco) | 12 comments I'll happily volunteer for this, Carola. Echoing Hesper, every other month is ideal (ex. alternating monthly reads with other hosts), but I'm game for monthly as well.

message 4: by Carol (new)

Carol (carolfromnc) | 1180 comments I'm up for starting discussion threads for books the group has selected. (I'm not a great person to guide the process for picking a book club read.)

message 5: by Christian (new)

Christian (comeauch) | 362 comments I don't mind continuing to put up a poll every month (this is an older thread btw, I kind of took charge of the process since), but if I forget - or if you really want to make it yourself - go ahead!

About starting discussion threads, please do ^^ I'm sometimes struggling to find good discussion material on books we read, so it's very much welcomed!

message 6: by Carola (new)

Carola (carola-) | 167 comments I think it's going very well so far (thanks Christian)! As long as we make a topic for the chosen book, everyone can participate in the topic :) Good discussion points are always so very welcome (I struggle too, more often than not!). If you want to discuss something very specific about our book club book and you're worried it'll get lost within the topic, please also feel free to make a new topic!

And please remember everyone is welcome to make new topics on whatever book you're reading, and invite other people to join you in reading that book! Who knows what interesting books you'll put on other people's radar :D