Indonesians Who Love English Books discussion

Online Reading Subscription Service

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gerry (last edited Aug 25, 2015 12:00AM) (new)

Gerry | 52 comments So i just read this article today. Apparently now we have access to online reading subscriptions just like movies/music a la Netflix/Rdio/Pandora/etc.
Sounds pretty cool. Price is also reasonable i guess, 39k-59k.

Anyone here tried this before? I have no idea on how big their library is though but they said it's 'sangat banyak'
Here are a few examples.
Cipika Bookmate (Supported by Indosat).
SCOOP
WayangForce
Mahoni

message 2: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) | 244 comments I once bought magazines (CINEMAGZ) on WayangForce. Price is affordable and they use top up system. I used CC back then.

Scoop, just try once, and its free, lol! Their apps is nice to read but I don't know about their library capacity, since I just have 1 title.

message 3: by Gerry (new)

Gerry | 52 comments Yea i was thinking if a monthly subscription can give me unlimited access to ebooks it'll be pretty nice assuming they have a sizeable library lol.

message 4: by Anny (new)

Anny | 225 comments Any library with sizable up-to-date English books collection? I'd be stoked if there's anything like that :D

message 5: by Rachel, First Lady (new)

Rachel (rachelhadeli) | 698 comments Mod
I'm a bit late to this, but I just recently hosted a radio show where we interviewed Cipika Bookmate, and it seems neat - reminiscent of the good ol' library days, only digital. I will be signing up for their services this weekend, and I'll let you know how it goes. They have over 500k of International and Local titles. However, some content are considered premium, so you'll have to pay more. We'll see how it goes.

message 6: by Gerry (last edited Nov 13, 2015 12:29AM) (new)

Gerry | 52 comments Rachel wrote: "I'm a bit late to this, but I just recently hosted a radio show where we interviewed Cipika Bookmate, and it seems neat - reminiscent of the good ol' library days, only digital. I will be signing u..."

Nice, some first hand experience will be good.
But wow... a premium content that is only accessible with extra payment on top of the subscription cost? Sounds pretty bad...

message 7: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) Recently read about Listeno, an audiobook company based in Jogja. They have an android app. But I think they only have local or translated works.

message 8: by Anggun (new)

Anggun P.W (anggunpw) | 4 comments Anny wrote: "Any library with sizable up-to-date English books collection? I'd be stoked if there's anything like that :D"

Have you ever heard about SCRIBD? If you registered as premium member (its only $8.99/month), you will get an unlimited access to their collection, best seller and new release, even a rare book that hard to find.