Horror Aficionados discussion

The Audio Zone > September 2015 Group Listen Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scot (new)

Scot | 639 comments September is almost upon us. So grab your audio books and make some good suggestions.
Kids are back to school so let's have a lesson in history this month. Theme is something set in the past.

message 2: by Randy (new)

message 3: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 10842 comments Mod
I'm going to go with something classic this month that is always good for a re-read or re-listen. The Haunting of Hill House  by Shirley Jackson

message 4: by Randy (new)

Randy | 103 comments wow, not many people into audio books around here? I'm completely addicted, I burn through a couple of them a month walking the dog :-)

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael (mikedecshop) | 1479 comments I do 95% of my reading on audio. However I have done a lot of horror and have a hard time finding things on audio. So I am always checking in with you guys to see what you come up with. I have read the 2 previous suggestions Hill House several times.

message 6: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1 comments Hi all! Since we're doing something historical, I would like to recommend The Cold Beneath, written by Tonia Brown and narrated by Chris Barnes. It's historical, scary, and a great listen. Barnes does a tremendous job with the emotion in the book. :)

message 7: by K.N. (new)

K.N. (karmaplace) | 53 comments I'd love to try the full-cast version of Dracula Dracula by Bram Stoker .

message 8: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Mcgrath | 157 comments Randy wrote: "Dark Matter by Michelle Paver"

An excellent ghost story. The way the author describes what it's like to be alone, in the middle of nowhere , where the main character is slowly losing his grip is fascinating.

message 9: by Robert (new)

Robert Mingee (robertmingee) | 776 comments Randy wrote: "Dark Matter by Michelle Paver"

I've never heard of this one, and I am quite intrigued also. I would definitely give this one a shot.

message 10: by Scot (new)

Scot | 639 comments Some great suggestions so far. I will leave this thread open for suggestions until the morning. Poll will be up shortly after I close suggestions.

message 11: by Scot (new)

Scot | 639 comments Thread is closed.

message 12: by Scot (new)

Scot | 639 comments Sorry, Maxie.

message 14: by Scot (new)

Scot | 639 comments 12 more hours to vote. Runner up will be our second group listen.