YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Firsts
This topic is about Firsts
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn - Starting September 8th

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3734 comments Seventeen-year-old Mercedes Ayres has an open-door policy when it comes to her bedroom, but only if the guy fulfills a specific criteria: he has to be a virgin. Mercedes lets the boys get their awkward, fumbling first times over with, and all she asks in return is that they give their girlfriends the perfect first time- the kind Mercedes never had herself.

Keeping what goes on in her bedroom a secret has been easy- so far. Her absentee mother isn’t home nearly enough to know about Mercedes’ extracurricular activities, and her uber-religious best friend, Angela, won’t even say the word “sex” until she gets married. But Mercedes doesn’t bank on Angela’s boyfriend finding out about her services and wanting a turn- or on Zach, who likes her for who she is instead of what she can do in bed.

When Mercedes’ perfect system falls apart, she has to find a way to salvage her reputation and figure out where her heart really belongs in the process. Funny, smart, and true-to-life, FIRSTS is a one-of-a-kind young adult novel about growing up.

Me and Tati will be starting this on September 8th! Feel free to join us!

Tati | 10171 comments Thanks!

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3734 comments I'm starting this today, is that okay? I'm on a three hour road trip to go see my university house and I only have my kindle app on my iPhone with my ARCs on it

Tati | 10171 comments Connie, that's fine

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3734 comments 25% (view spoiler)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3734 comments 50% (view spoiler)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3734 comments 75% pardon my language (view spoiler)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3734 comments 85% despite Faye and Zach's plan being stupid as hell its kind of funny

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83081 comments Mod
2% (view spoiler)

24% (view spoiler)

38% (view spoiler)

56% (view spoiler)

Connie wrote: "50% [spoilers removed]"

I wondered that.

Connie wrote: "85% despite Faye and Zach's plan being stupid as hell its kind of funny"

That plan was ridiculous.

70% (view spoiler)

message 16: by Tati (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tati | 10171 comments Sorry I went MIA! No PC internet connection...

Anyway, I read your comments, Connie, and I really agree with you. The premise doesn't really work, the ethical and moral aspects are not really there

Tati wrote: "Sorry I went MIA! No PC internet connection...

Anyway, I read your comments, Connie, and I really agree with you. The premise doesn't really work, the ethical and moral aspects are not really there"

(view spoiler)

message 18: by Tati (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tati | 10171 comments Sarah wrote: "Tati wrote: "Sorry I went MIA! No PC internet connection...

Anyway, I read your comments, Connie, and I really agree with you. The premise doesn't really work, the ethical and moral aspects are no..."

Exactly!! And it was terribly slow, and the ending was weak for me