Real Christian discussion

For the Musicians > Talk About Music

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (last edited Aug 24, 2015 04:09PM) (new)

M.K. Aneal (mkaneal) | 6160 comments Mod
Hello (:
Here is where you can talk and share about your music, others music, and etc (I'm figuring you got the point (;)
Lol

message 2: by Halee (new)

Halee (im4israel) I LOVE forKing & Country!!!!!!!!

message 3: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Haha! That's a good one for sure(;
What's your favorite songs from them?

message 4: by Halee (new)

Halee (im4israel) Shoulders, Fine Fine Life and O God Forgivs Us!

message 5: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 3571 comments I like several kinds of music: Christian (Old Hymns, Southern Gospel, Contemporary...), Country, Pop, Classic Pop, Jazz, Blues, Classical.....

One I'm listening to right now (and love!) is: What I Know by Tricia Brock
https://aerykah.wordpress.com/2014/09...

message 6: by Halee (new)

Halee (im4israel) Cool Areykah! I like all sorts of music too! What country artists do you like?

message 7: by Aerykah (last edited Aug 25, 2015 11:03AM) (new)

Aerykah | 3571 comments I tend to like songs more than artists... Though I really like several of Lee Brice's songs & I like his voice! :) His song: Love Like Crazy is one of my favorites.
What kinds of music to you like?

message 8: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 3571 comments Oh, forgot to mention that I also like some Celtic & Folk music too-- when I'm in the mood for it. ;)

message 9: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

((:

Christian Contemporary and Southern Gospel. Haha

message 10: by Divya (new)

Divya | 14 comments i like all the gaither vocal band songs... more specificaly DAVID PHELPS

message 11: by Divya (new)

Divya | 14 comments Anyone likes David Phelps?

message 12: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Oh I do!!! He's pretty good ((:

Fool's Gold is one of my favorites ((: I believe that's the name xP

message 13: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 689 comments Does anyone like The Newsboys? :) I love their upbeat and powerful message songs. I like the previous older group but I especially love the new one with Michael Tait as the current lead singer.

message 14: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 3571 comments Hold_My_Heart (Formerly Narnian525) wrote: "Does anyone like The Newsboys? :) I love their upbeat and powerful message songs. I like the previous older group but I especially love the new one with Michael Tait as the current lead singer."

I don't listen to them a whole lot, but I do like them. "In Christ Alone", "Guilty", and "God's Not Dead" are some of my favorite songs! ;D

message 15: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 689 comments Aerykah wrote: "Hold_My_Heart (Formerly Narnian525) wrote: "Does anyone like The Newsboys? :) I love their upbeat and powerful message songs. I like the previous older group but I especially love the new one with ..."

Awesome :D

message 16: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

I really like the Newsboys ((: Old and new!! But, I do like the new better I believe ;D

Their hymns are really excellent and their newer songs, "Restart," and "Enemy," is my favorite :D What's yours?

message 17: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 689 comments Mary Kate wrote: "I really like the Newsboys ((: Old and new!! But, I do like the new better I believe ;D

Their hymns are really excellent and their newer songs, "Restart," and "Enemy," is my favorite :D What's yours?"

I really like way beyond myself, That's how you change the world, God's not dead, restart, and fishers of men :)

message 18: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Ohhhhhh my other favorites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD xD

message 19: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 689 comments Mary Kate wrote: "Ohhhhhh my other favorites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD xD"

Yay XD

message 20: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

xD

message 21: by Adam (new)

Adam Evalt I used to hate Christian hip-hop cuz I thought all we had was Lecrae and T-Mac (growing up in Philly I'm not a fan of these two) but I started digging deeper into the genre now I have to say the top 3 Christian rappers are Json, S.O., and Fedel.......and This'l.....and Tony Tillman.....too many to list

message 22: by Caitlyn (last edited Jan 14, 2016 06:24AM) (new)

Caitlyn (caitlynkachman) | 438 comments So my favorite Christian band is for KING & COUNTRY. Some of you might know that.
My favorite secular band is Pentatonix. They have an amazing Christmas album. Their a cappella rendition of "Mary Did You Know?" is my favorite.

Besides listening to music, I also play music! I play the piano. :) I have been playing for 3 or 4 years.

message 23: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 689 comments For clean secular music, I really like Owl City (I like that his lyrics are poetic and creative) and I like violinist Lindsey Stirling, I think it's cool that she combines the classical violin sound with dub step.

message 24: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn (caitlynkachman) | 438 comments Actually Rachel, Owl City released a bunch of Christian songs recently :)

message 25: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 689 comments Caitlyn wrote: "Actually Rachel, Owl City released a bunch of Christian songs recently :)"

Oh that's great :) I'm so glad to hear that. I heard he's a strong Christian too.

message 26: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Great ones y'all!!

@Adam- I've never heard of them, but I will check them out now (:

@Yes!! Owl City started out Christian, then went Secular, and now apparently he is back to Christian. Haha xP

message 27: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Ohhhh CWho, you play the piano!! That's amazing!! What's your favorite song to play? ((:

message 28: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn (caitlynkachman) | 438 comments Mary Kate wrote: "Ohhhh CWho, you play the piano!! That's amazing!! What's your favorite song to play? ((:"

I like playing the Ode to Joy, but I am currently learning the Minuet in G :)

message 29: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Ohhh wow!! Those are A-mazing *handclaps* ((: You should do a YouTube video of that :D

message 30: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn (caitlynkachman) | 438 comments Mary Kate wrote: "Ohhh wow!! Those are A-mazing *handclaps* ((: You should do a YouTube video of that :D"

Good idea, I probably will now. I just need to clean my piano up (it's dusty in some places) and learn the pieces a little better :)

message 31: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Yay!!! Okay :D Let me know when you do so I can watch it ((: