Point Horror Fan Club discussion

Up Close & Personal > Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new)

Ann (sanitywandering) | 11 comments Mod
This is where you tell the group about you. Be as narcissistic as you please.
What do you do when you aren't reading?
When did you read the Point Horror books?
Which is your favourite?
Which one scared you the most?
What do you like about them?
Don't hold back. You are awesome x

message 2: by Ann (new)

I will start this off.
I started reading the Point Horror books when I started comprehensive school here in the UK. I would run up to the library everyday to see if they had a new book in. I would then spend every minute I had spare reading the book, walking home from school with my nose in a book (I was the kid who'd faceplant the road because I missed the kerb or I'd walk into a lamppost!), then I would be up all night reading them by street light.

I was awesomely gifted 29 Point Horror books from a friend and this has prompted me to start reading the ones I have and tracking the ones I don't. The list for the latter is longer than the former. Ebay will be my friend.

I am 30. A mum of one and I love reading. Horrors are my favourite. Out of the Point Horror collection, the ones that seem to stick in my head are Freeze Tag, The Lifeguard and Beach Party. Those are the ones I can definitely remember reading.

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy it here. x

message 3: by Paula (last edited Aug 24, 2015 04:15PM) (new)

Paula (weave) | 2 comments Hi everyone, how are you all doing? Thanks for the invite to the group, I read a lot and I will read most stuff. I read Point Horror when I was at school, I will need to check out the titles to try and remember which titles I read.

I'm Paula, I'm 42, I read a lot, tattooed and proud, married and have 2 cats. :)

message 4: by Ann (new)

Paula wrote: "Hi everyone, how are you all doing? Thanks for the invite to the group, I read a lot and I will read most stuff. I read Point Horror when I was at school, I will need to check out the titles to t..."

Hey hun, Welcome to The Point Horror Club x

message 5: by Paula (new)

Paula (weave) | 2 comments Angharad wrote: "Paula wrote: "Hi everyone, how are you all doing? Thanks for the invite to the group, I read a lot and I will read most stuff. I read Point Horror when I was at school, I will need to check out t..."

Thanks hen x

message 6: by Emma (new)

Emma Beckett | 2 comments Hey Guys,
I grew up in the 90's (I'm 33) and love anything that inspires nostalgia for my childhood.
Point horror fills me with giddiness, they were my first real horror books and I've been an avid horror reader ever since.
My absolute favourite author is Adam Nevill, I've met him a couple of times and totally gush over him

message 7: by Ann (new)

Emma wrote: "Hey Guys,
I grew up in the 90's (I'm 33) and love anything that inspires nostalgia for my childhood.
Point horror fills me with giddiness, they were my first real horror books and I've been an avid..."

Hi Emma, welcome to the group.
I haven't read any Adam Nevill, may have to have a look. :)

message 8: by Emma (new)

Emma Beckett | 2 comments He's really special, I've got all my friends crazy about him. He's also really, really nice. I may have a slight crush

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa  (m3lissaj) | 1 comments Hello my name is Melissa and I love anything horror. Let me know any good horror books love to be scared out of my wits. Happy reading.

message 10: by Ann (new)

Ann wrote: "Emma wrote: "Hey Guys,
Point horror fills me with giddiness, they were my first real horror books and I've..."

I shall have to have a look :P

message 11: by Ann (new)

Melissa J wrote: "Hello my name is Melissa and I love anything horror. Let me know any good horror books love to be scared out of my wits. Happy reading. "

I am yet to find a point horror book that terrifies me now as an adult, but Freeze Tag put the wind up me as a teen.

Also, welcome to the group x

message 12: by Cazzy (new)

Cazzy | 4 comments Hello everyone,

I'm a bit late to the party, but excited to find that this exists! My obsession with Point Horror began when I was 12 (1993). I'm now 36 and on matetnity leave with my only munchkin!

My first PH was Trick or Treat and I remember being drawn to it by the cover... and the tag line, of course (how dramatic and eerie they seemed at the time!) I started ordering a few from Amazon in a moment of nostsligia. Between '92 and '94 I had built quite a collection, but sold them all to a local book stall a few years later once I'd progressed onto Stephen King.

My favourite PH was always The Cheerleader - creepy with a moral dilema at the heart of it.