Austenesque Lovers TBR Pile Reading Challenge 2015 discussion

Assorted and Sundry Matters > Fan Fiction Forum

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (sophiarose) | 757 comments Mod
For those who wish to discuss, share, and otherwise fan over Jane Austen Fan Fiction (JAFF) that is thus far unpublished, but still available for readers to read and share.

message 2: by Ceri (new)

Ceri | 233 comments Aha, I meant to message you about this, but you're on the ball already! You're the best moderator :)

message 3: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (sophiarose) | 757 comments Mod
Ceri wrote: "Aha, I meant to message you about this, but you're on the ball already! You're the best moderator :)"

Buahaha! I have to share that Claudine messaged me and I profusely thanked her for such a good idea and she humbly shared that it was 'Ceri's idea'. Soooo, here were are full circle with me thanking you right back. ;)

message 4: by Ceri (new)

Ceri | 233 comments Maybe we're all great ;)

message 5: by Ceri (new)

Ceri | 233 comments Well since it was my idea I should give a recommendation, shouldn't I? I'd recommend 'Thaw' by Boogima. It's posted on A Happy Assembly, not sure if it's elsewhere too. It's a forced marriage scenario, with D&E marrying after he compromises her accidentally after saving her from a fall into a pond while he's staying at Netherfield. It's written in the form of Elizabeth's letters to Jane and details the 'thaw' in their relationship. I love this one because the author does such a good job of capturing Elizabeth's tone and it's a nice realistic and romantic read, absolutely delicious. There are no sex scenes so if you don't like those you'll be safe reading this. I can't add a link at the mo, will try and do so later :)

message 6: by Monica (new)

Monica (monicap) | 60 comments Yes, Thaw is great! Fantastic Elizabeth-voice!

message 7: by Erika (new)

Erika (eureeka75) | 92 comments I am reading a story by rosemary on AHA called A Tolerable Temptation. Lady Anne Darcy lives longer and is able to impart better wisdom to both Fitzwilliam and Georgiana, hence changing the plot a bit. I love the whole Bennet/Gardiner/Phillips dynamic!! Mr Darcy has a godfather and godmother who are wonderful people. I will tell no more, though it is a sweet story, with a little angst!!

message 8: by Claudine (new)

Claudine DiMuzio / Just Jane 1813 | 197 comments Ok, just found this here even though I was part of requesting this... LOL at my oblivious nature at times...

So far for me...

1. Being Mrs. Darcy by Lucy S. / 5 (million) stars
2. The Best Part of Love by Alex / 5 (million) stars (Thanks Monica!)
3. His Choice of Wife by Dolly/ 4.5 stars
4. Letters from Derbyshire by Lucrezia / 4 stars

I am now addicted to finding great online stories, so please pass along favorites ... Thanks!

message 9: by Claudine (new)

Claudine DiMuzio / Just Jane 1813 | 197 comments I just stumbled upon this P&P sequel, which is almost done and it was phenomenal. The writing is so crisp and the language is so reminiscent of Austen's style. Perhaps Georgiana needs to be toned down a bit, but that's all I can consistently suggest for a revision of this story. I finished it and can't wait for the next chapter...

I'd give it more than five stars if I could!!

Fanfiction.com
Scarletbees (author)
Progression (Formerly known as A Marriage Begins, title)

message 10: by Sheila (new)

Sheila Majczan (sheilalmajczan) | 138 comments I read the first 3 chapters and I am hooked. Now that Thanksgiving is over I can get back to reading more. I did finish Then Comes Winter late last night (have to post a review - 5 stars from me). I have several others half read but this one online looks very good.

message 11: by Claudine (new)

Claudine DiMuzio / Just Jane 1813 | 197 comments I'm so glad you like it... I was obsessed with it... Loved the language, the plot, the new characters are intriguing... The author is trying to finish it this month... Keep me posted... Love the multiple POVs too!! Author loves feedback too!

message 12: by Sheila (new)

Sheila Majczan (sheilalmajczan) | 138 comments It was too late last night to post any comments but I will do that. I have been reading a number of books online. Keeping Calm is very long but excellent set in WWII times by Linda Wells (AHA). And The Course of True Love by Lucy S is also long and set in modern day England. I read The Best Part of Love and Being Mrs. Darcy. Didn't read those last two, Claudine but will look for them. Which site are they on?

message 13: by Claudine (new)

Claudine DiMuzio / Just Jane 1813 | 197 comments Which ones are you asking about for sites? I plan to read Keeping Calm and COTL.

message 14: by Claudine (new)

Claudine DiMuzio / Just Jane 1813 | 197 comments I read BMD and BPOL... Loved them!!

message 15: by Sheila (new)

Sheila Majczan (sheilalmajczan) | 138 comments His Choice of Wife by Dolly
Letters from Derbyshire by Lucrezia

message 16: by Sheila (new)

Sheila Majczan (sheilalmajczan) | 138 comments I am reading both Keeping Calm and The Course of True Love but they are both so very very long that I sometimes have to take a break and read something else....like I did last night.

message 17: by Claudine (new)

Claudine DiMuzio / Just Jane 1813 | 197 comments Gotcha... Yes, they are long... I have to start them eventually. Enjoy!!

Austenesque Lovers TBR Pile Reading Challenge 2015

unread topics | mark unread