SSG: Spy/Spec-Ops Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Alec Fincham - Soldier, Spy and Killer

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roger (new)

Roger Cave | 47 comments Just thought I’d drop a short line give some detail of the ninth Alec Fincham Novel, which is currently available for £1.16.

The book is 70500 words long approx, and takes Fincham and his team around the word as they try to uncover the reason behind a kidnapping. From Egypt to Singapore, and a few places closer to home, as Fincham investigates why someone seemingly so innocent is taken hostage.

If you enjoyed the previous novels, then why not join Fincham.
Queen's Knight (Alec Fincham #9) by Roger Cave

message 2: by Roger (last edited Sep 26, 2015 12:31PM) (new)

Roger Cave | 47 comments OK, so you guys are into special ops stuff!
So how about I go through some of the weapons used in the books.

Fincham himself carries a modified SA80 A2, while the rest of his team carry Diemaco C8s.

Side arms are universally the SIG P226.

Fincham also carries a Fairbairn Sykes Commando Knife.

However the books cover multiple missions and they have also used a Vintovka Snayperskaya Spetsialnaya (VSS) Sniper Rifle and a Heckler Koch HK P11.

Go take a look The Barcza Gambit

message 3: by Roger (new)

Roger Cave | 47 comments Alec Fincham is his Governments man of last resort, and these days he seems to be always busy. As professional soldier in the Special Boat Service (similar to a US Navy SEAL), he’s a highly trained killer. At heart he is a soldier, honourable and proud, but in modern times, his skills are needed by M.I.6. when there is no one else to turn to.

Fincham and his small team have to fight many a battle through the entire series of the books, which see him travel the globe. The adventures are set in the US, Sicily, Rome, Egypt, Australia, Singapore, Bahrain, Afghanistan and Iraq amongst many others.

The Barcza Gambit
Sicilian Defence
White King
Zugzwang
Octopus Knight
Medusa Defence

Foe £1.16/$1.00, they are full-length novels and may be your cup of tea. Why not try and sample and see if you like what you read.

And don’t forget to come and see me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Roger-...

message 4: by Roger (new)

Roger Cave | 47 comments I know I'm a few days early, but as it's a givaway I thought you may excuse me!

There’s a couple of Alec Fincham stories available for free for a few of days!
Fried Fox and English Rat

Fried Fox
M.I.6. Send Devon Fox on what seems to be a fairly routine investigation. However, things are not quite what they seem, and soon he is fighting to survive.

English Rat
The press have dubbed her HMS Invisible, and she is the most advance stealth warship in the World. Unfortunately, other people want the technology and are willing to steal what they can. Alec Fincham, and his Special Boat Service team, are called in to protect her, but will it be enough?

Total word count 28500 approx

message 5: by Samuel (new)

Samuel  | 647 comments Roger wrote: "OK, so you guys are into special ops stuff!
So how about I go through some of the weapons used in the books.

Fincham himself carries a modified SA80 A2, while the rest of his team carry Diemaco C8..."

The VSS? Not too shabby. But I suggest you check out the
AS VAL. It's like the rougher cousin of the VSS. It can be used as a sniper rifle (has integrated suppressor and chambered for the same caliber as the VSS), but with the flip of a lever it turns into an instant fully automatic assault rifle. Two minor refinements of note is the folding stock and polymer furniture, rather than the heavier metal and wood of the VSS.

message 6: by Samuel (new)

Samuel  | 647 comments Heckler and Koch P11 is also nifty.

message 7: by Roger (new)

Roger Cave | 47 comments I see you know your weapons, Samuel. Picked the VSS due to it's nickname, The Threadcutter.

message 8: by Roger (new)

Roger Cave | 47 comments OK, having a look at my sales stats for December and can see that readers of thr books have read 4700 pages worth of Fincham.

Why not join the action and start at the beginning with The Barcza Gambit for just $1.00/£1.16.

This start to the series sees foreign agents trying to escalate the war in Iraq.

message 9: by Roger (new)

Roger Cave | 47 comments Go to Florida and observe the movements of Torre. Sounds simple, but it often does. Then he sees something he cannot ignore and decides to intervene. This intervention leads to all of Fincham's team being set to the U.S. to help. From Florida we also see the mission travel to the Bahamas and Honduras, in this action packed thriller.

The action takes place on the sea and on the land, and all of Fincham's team need to be on their A game to survive the carnage.

Torre Attack

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.