What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Kidnapping of Courtney Van Allen & What's-her-name
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA - Famous girl and her non-famous friend kidnapped. Humorous. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patnel (new) - added it

Patnel | 154 comments YA, Fiction, English Language, I read it in the early 80's. A teen/pre-teen girl becomes friends with a girl the same age who is hugely famous. I want to say that her parents are movie stars. Both of them end up being kidnapped, one on purpose, one because she just happened to be there. The whole thing is pretty light in tone. SPOILERS*** The kidnapper is the famous girl's psychiatrist.

A book away from an episode of hoarders (fidgit77) | 257 comments I think I read this when I was younger. Maybe one of those Especially for Girls book club books?

message 3: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5006 comments Kidnapping of Courtney Van Allen & What's-her-name Kidnapping of Courtney Van Allen & What's-her-name by Joyce Cool

One of the Amazon reviews says:

The Kidnapping of Courtney Van Allen and What's Her Name tells the story of a girl named Jan who visits her aunt Harry in New York City. While in New York she also meets Coutrney Van Allen, the daughter of a popular TV actress and politician. They are both kidnapped one night by (view spoiler)

A book away from an episode of hoarders (fidgit77) | 257 comments I'm pretty sure that's the one I was thinking about.

message 5: by Patnel (new) - added it

Patnel | 154 comments That is definitely it. Thank you, that's been in the back of my head for years.