New Adult Book Club discussion

Together They Overcame (Together #1)
This topic is about Together They Overcame
Archived Read it Review it 2015 > #135/15 ~ Together They Overcame by Juliet C.B. Aharoni

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Micheala (last edited Sep 28, 2015 08:08AM) (new)

Micheala | 1457 comments #135/15
Title: Together They Overcame
Author: Juliet C.B. Aharoni
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romantic
Formats ~ PDF. ** However it can be convert to Mobi format and sent to kindle. Please add newadultbookclub@gamil.com to your safe list if you want a mobi copy.
Copies ~ 10
Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Synopsis:
Eighteen year old Rosalind left South Africa for Israel with her doctor boyfriend, Foxy, so they could pursue their dream of helping the wounded soldiers together. But when his jealous temper again gets the better of him, she decides to end their relationship, but still continue her nursing studies.

When she’s assigned to Ward 21, Rosalind finds herself inexplicably drawn to Eyal, the bearded soldier with the sparkling brown eyes who, even laid up in a full-body cast, asks her out — and teaches her about passion and sex.

Though Rosalind struggles to understand her confusing emotions toward Eyal, who arouses her physically but whose interests and upbringing are so different from her own, she eventually accepts his marriage proposal.

'Together They Overcame' offers a surprisingly honest and explicit depiction of a newlywed couple’s first two years of sexual gratification in marriage as they face family drama, a mother-in-law's hostilities towards the wife because her mother is both German and Catholic, cultural prejudice, and the hardships in a young country in the process of establishing itself.

Juliet Aharoni’s novel, 'Together They Overcame', weaves fictionalized versions of her own experiences living in Israel into the romantic tale of a newlywed couple striving against all odds. 'Together They Overcame' is an opposites-attract romance set in Israel after the 1956 Sinai Campaign.

The novel depicts a newly-wed couple experiencing sex for the first time and how their sex-life helps them cope with many difficulties.The author has presented the couple's love-making explicitly but tastefully. Sex plays an important role in the young couple's connection and development.

-------------------------------------

To sign up please leave your email and what format you'd like. Once copies go out you will have three weeks to Read and Review the book, and please don't forget to post the link to your review in this thread!

If you cannot finish this book for whatever reason, please let us know via Goodreads message, so we can remove your name from the list and allow someone else to review it. Thank You.

Reviewers:
1. Edelmira - edelmiraby@gmail.com - PDF
2. Renita - renitablair_63@kindle.com - mobi
3. Brandy - bbproberts96@yahoo.com - PDF
4. Cathy - parisicathy_45@kindle.com - mobi - DNF
5. Denny - denise@cavanaugh.co.nz - PDF
6. Alice - alicechoocolate@hotmail.com - PDF

Due: Sept 16

Edelmira (edelby) | 116 comments edelmiraby@gmail.com
PDF please ! Thanks so much :)

Renita (bknerdian) | 17 comments I'd like a mobi copy please! My kindle email is renitablair_63@kindle.com

Brandy Roberts i would love to read this bbproberts96@yahoo.com pdf please :)

message 5: by Cat (new)

Cat Parisi (catparisi) | 29 comments I would like to read. I have Kindle app so send me mobi copy please. My kindle email is parisicathy_45@kindle.com
Thanks.

Denny May I have PDF please
denise@cavanaugh.co.nz

message 7: by Alice (new)

Alice Choo (alicechoocolate) | 19 comments alicechoocolate@hotmail.com

PDF please, thank you!

message 8: by Derna (new)

Derna | 5351 comments Mod
I have just sent copies of Together They Overcame #1 & Closer Together #2 which the author has also offered (In two emails) to members who have signed up so far.

Please remember that you have until 16th September (3 weeks) in which to read and review this book, and post your review here. Any problems just let me know. Enjoy!

Brandy Roberts thanks for the chance ill post book 2 review when finished :) https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 10: by Denny (new) - rated it 1 star

Denny Here is my review
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Sorry. I love the premise but not the execution

Renita (bknerdian) | 17 comments I wasn't a fan but here is my review...

message 12: by Cat (new)

Cat Parisi (catparisi) | 29 comments Micheala I sent you a message. I'm not going to done with this book in time.

Edelmira (edelby) | 116 comments I apologized for being so late but here's my review! Thanks so much for the opportunity :)

Juliet Aharoni (juliet_aharoniYahoocom) | 9 comments TOGETHER THEY OVERCAME is still free on Amazon (until the 18th Dec,)
If you decide to read, I'd appreciate a review both on Amazon and Goodreads. Thank you.
Juliet