Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Worth Dying For (Jack Reacher, #15)
This topic is about Worth Dying For
Book Issues > Jack Reacher #15 incorrect orig pub date

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shane (last edited Aug 24, 2015 10:45AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shane Phillips | 138 comments https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8...

Per the Lee Child website it was published in Oct for US/UK but goodreads shows Jan. This causes it to sort out of order in the series. See my bookshelve "reacher-to-read" sorted by pub

http://leechild.com/books/worth-dying...

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6559 comments Entered September 30, 2010, as that is when the Bantam book first edition was published, and same according to website you linked.

Shane Phillips | 138 comments Thanks but now I am not sure why #14 sorts after #15? The dates look good.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6559 comments Where are you seeing this?

message 5: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Should be fixed now. You must have been sorting by "date pub" (which is original pub date) not by "date pub (ed)" which is edition pub date.

Original pub was set to Jan 1, 2010, because an edition was added with just the year, which pretty much always defaults to Jan 1. Fixed the original pub date.

Shane Phillips | 138 comments Sorry. Still showing jan 1 date. I see this on iOS and webpage. Its there are timeperiod from when changes are made to when they show on the webpage and apps?

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

Shane Phillips | 138 comments Also, the Make Me (Jack Reacher #20) should have original date as Sept 8 2015. Every source I checked (Amazon, Barnes Noble, Lee Child website) all say Sept 8 not Aug 27.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6559 comments Philip wrote: "Should be fixed now. You must have been sorting by "date pub" (which is original pub date) not by "date pub (ed)" which is edition pub date.

Original pub was set to Jan 1, 2010, because an edition..."

It wasn't fixed because when you combined, it reset to January 1. I have gone in and set the original publication date to September 30.

As to #14, there is a Bulgarian edition that has just 2010 for a publication date and I am unable to determine a month. When there is only a year, the system inserts January.

message 9: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Yeah I must have missed that one when I was checking it.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6559 comments Philip wrote: "Yeah I must have missed that one when I was checking it."

Actually, the log looks like you fixed it once, and then it blew up again. ;-)

message 11: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments #7 - It looks like it is showing Sept 8 to me.

message 12: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "Philip wrote: "Yeah I must have missed that one when I was checking it."

Actually, the log looks like you fixed it once, and then it blew up again. ;-)"

Yeah I thought I did, what can you do :-p

Arenda | 19915 comments I really do hope it is not a combining issue.
I just had an original date changing from 1959 to 2015 after combining.

Shane Phillips | 138 comments It looks great on the webpage but the iOS app still shows them reverse. The iOS app sorts by "Publication Year". So I assume that since both of these are the same year (2010). Probably no way to fix that.

Thanks for clearing up at least the website.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6559 comments Arenda wrote: "I really do hope it is not a combining issue.
I just had an original date changing from 1959 to 2015 after combining."

Yikes!

message 16: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Shane wrote: "It looks great on the webpage but the iOS app still shows them reverse. The iOS app sorts by "Publication Year". So I assume that since both of these are the same year (2010). Probably no way to ..."

Could just be a caching thing for the app, may take a day or 2.

Shane Phillips | 138 comments Philip I will keep checking but the other changes made showed within a couple hours

message 18: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Shane wrote: "Philip I will keep checking but the other changes made showed within a couple hours"

If you keep having issue with the App compared to the website, you will probably have to contact support.

To contact Support
Contact Support