Faithful Fiction Readers (Mountainview Books) discussion

Science Fiction & Fantasy > Star Wars or Star Trek?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Darlington (cjdarlington) | 121 comments Mod
Which type of fan are you?

And then let's talk about some of the inspirational (and clean secular) novels that fit well with these shows.

The Word Reclaimed by Steve Rzasa Steve Rzasa's The Word Reclaimed is a great one for Star Trek fans.

Firebird (Firebird, #1) by Kathy Tyers Firebird would skew a little more toward Star Wars, I think, as it's a space opera.

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Bogner | 29 comments Star Wars . I'm definitely a Star Wars person. :)

I haven't found too many space opera novels, other than Firebird , which is very Star Wars -esque. I would love to find more, though!

message 3: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Darlington (cjdarlington) | 121 comments Mod
Ashley, I think you might enjoy Chris Walley's The Shadow & Night. It's really good science fiction with a strong Christian bend. Sometimes slow in pacing, but it's rich in detail and thought.

The Shadow And Night (The Lamb Among the Stars, #1-2) by Chris Walley

message 4: by Kalena (new)

Kalena (bookt2) It's Star Wars, by a slim margin. My husband and I really enjoy the new Star Trek movies, but Star Wars is the real legacy series at our house.

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Bogner | 29 comments C.J. wrote: "Ashley, I think you might enjoy Chris Walley's The Shadow & Night. It's really good science fiction with a strong Christian bend. Sometimes slow in pacing, but it's rich in detail and thought.

[bo..."

Thanks for the recommendation! It looks interesting and I added it to my to-read list. :)

message 6: by Carol (new)

Carol | 50 comments Uh... I admit I have not seen either Star Wars OR Star Trek movies. But I loved the original TV show!

message 7: by T. (new)

T. Darlington | 15 comments Mod
I like them both it is hard to pick just one. :)