The Party Journal!! discussion

Fashion Journal! > Nail art.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ravanna Dee, Top Mod (new)

Ravanna Dee (ravannadee) | 2989 comments Mod
Share your nail art ideas.

P.S. I will probably try doing most of the things that will be posted here in the future. I LOVE nail art.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

In 2014, I did hot pink nails with black writing on it. The letters were THOR and LOKI.

message 3: by Ravanna Dee, Top Mod (new)

description

Oh, my I really want to try this!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a friend that did that.

message 5: by Ravanna Dee, Top Mod (new)

Did it work?

message 6: by Saarah (new)

Saarah | 1899 comments Mod
oh, my friend did it too. it's pretty easy, I would do it but I keep on forgetting to buy grey nailpolish :/ do any of you have your nails done right now?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Ravanna wrote: "Did it work?"

Yes.

message 8: by Ravanna Dee, Top Mod (new)

Saarah wrote: "oh, my friend did it too. it's pretty easy, I would do it but I keep on forgetting to buy grey nailpolish :/ do any of you have your nails done right now?"

Yeah. I had to do them for the wedding. But it's already chipping. So later I'm going to try doing that news paper thing.

message 9: by Saarah (new)

I did mine yesterday :)

message 10: by Ravanna Dee, Top Mod (new)

What did you do?

message 11: by Saarah (new)

this time I went for plain black. it's my fav.

message 12: by Ravanna Dee, Top Mod (new)

My favorite is either a blood red or a dark blue.

message 13: by Saarah (new)

yea, red is great too! my other fav is white :)

message 14: by Ravanna Dee, Top Mod (new)

Me too. I guess it's the way they are classic but strong colors. They are perfect for nails.

message 15: by Ravanna Dee, Top Mod (new)

description

message 16: by Ravanna Dee, Top Mod (new)

description

This seems pretty simple.

message 17: by Saarah (new)

just did my nails! they are now a aqua to dark blue ombre. I'll try to take a pic tomorrow :)

message 18: by SmilingDork (new)

SmilingDork | 2519 comments Mod
Those sound cute! I keep meaning to paint my nails but I keep biting them and today boredom drove me to biting them nearly all away so now I have to make it through another week and a half without biting my nails so I can paint them what I have been wanting to paint them for the past two weeks.

message 19: by Saarah (new)

I used to bite my nails. along with sucking my hair, chewing my shirt sleeves, etc. I stopped a long time ago though :)

message 20: by SmilingDork (new)

I stopped biting my nails last summer and then when my big tests came up last year before school got out I was stressing bad and started biting again. I stress bite my nails so over the summer I have bit my nails and of takes me a while to figure out what I am stressing out over so now I just got to figure out why I am stressing out over this time and then I can fix it and stop.....maybe...

message 21: by Saarah (new)

I get it. when i'm stressed or am way too bored, I start tapping my fingers and feet. especially in class, then I also tap my pencil.

message 22: by SmilingDork (new)

I click my pens and tap my feet too when I get bored in class or I start day dreaming about the lecture being told like say the teacher is talking about lab safety and I start imaging if you let open all the gas nozzles and let the room fill with gas and light a match you would totally have a spy action movie scene. (That lecture actually happened and I actually did imagine that except with my eyes close and the teacher thought I was sleeping so she made me stand up for a while. I was kinda mad!)

message 23: by Molly (new)

Molly W | 30 comments Saarah wrote: "I get it. when i'm stressed or am way too bored, I start tapping my fingers and feet. especially in class, then I also tap my pencil."

I do that all the time. I used to always bite my nails and they always have to be short in because of netball and piano. I think all the biting was really bad for them regrowing and they always broke but something must be going right now because they grow really long really quickly.

message 24: by SmilingDork (new)

I wish mine did that cause after years and years of being a serious nail biter my nails grow very slowing

message 25: by Saarah (new)

@molly,my nails grow super fast too. I started growing them in gr 6, and now I can't stand when they're short. I never fully cut them anymore, just trim the top

message 26: by Ravanna Dee, Top Mod (new)

Wow, I never really bit my nails until a few years ago, it got bad, then when I figured out that the reason I was biting my nails was because, I started reading. I know, weird right? But that's what happened, so to prove it, I forced myself not to read for a while, [I nearly died] but two weeks later, I realized that I hadn't bit my nails once. Not once. So because I couldn't possibly give up reading for good cuticles, I had to form a new habit. My mom, has read so many articles about how it takes like 22 days to brake and form a habit, or something like that. So when I stated reading again, every time I noticed I might start biting my nails, I instead bit my lip. It worked. But now I have small biting scares on the inside of my lip, there not even noticeable, but I can still feel them.
I figured I could deal with that, and I have. SO my point is, you could try something like that. Its hard to stop a habit, but if you can change it first, then slowly build your way to stopping altogether, it might be easier.

message 27: by Ravanna Dee, Top Mod (new)

I am such a ramble, sorry...lol... XD

message 28: by Saarah (new)

I bite the inside of my lip too! and my cheek

message 29: by SmilingDork (new)

I bite the outside of my lip. I will try that Ravanna. Thxs! Normally when I find myself chewing my nails (I chew them too when I read. I guess another form of stress) I turn to gum because it tastes awesome, I can chew for hours, and it doesn't really pack on weight to me and it helps prevent me from snacking. Anyways I normally try and keep a pack on me at all time but it is hard cause I have to almost beg mom and dad to buy it for me when I don't go with them to the store. But gum is my biggest helper and I love it! ;P

message 30: by Saarah (new)

I'm addicted to gum! I found out in singapore that I always needed to chew on something and that's why I was always snacking, so I started chewing gum, and have been since then.

message 31: by Saarah (new)

okay, the lighting is bad, but here....
description

message 32: by Ravanna Dee, Top Mod (new)

Those look awesome. I've been trying to do something like that, but I can never get it right.

message 33: by SmilingDork (new)

I wish my nails were that long :( And those look AMAZING! You do I really good job :)

message 34: by Saarah (new)

when I started doing my nails, I began with ombre's. I've done like every color scheme :)
my nails are usually longer actually. I cut them some time ago though. thanks you guys :)

message 35: by SmilingDork (new)

I have always wanted to try it.

message 36: by Ravanna Dee, Top Mod (new)

Yeah my nails have NEVER gotten that long before. When there too long I have a hard time, doing things, like art or, dance, or gymnastics they break and then it hurts so I usually cut them once there long enough. And then try to keep them that long.

message 37: by Saarah (new)

hmm, well everyones nails are different :) mine are naturally strong, so they don't break. also, i'm so used to long nails, if I ever cut them, its so hard do anything.

message 38: by SmilingDork (new)

:) Even though I have been a long time nail biter my nails aren't brittle when I grow them out. They are pretty strong.

message 39: by Saarah (new)

thats great then!

message 40: by SmilingDork (new)

Yea

message 41: by Saarah (new)

:)

message 42: by SmilingDork (new)

I think I will be able to paint them soon. My thumbs and pinkies are still sore from the other day of biting but I will probably be able to paint them next weekend. I never bite once I paint them. I think I will just paint them black and dark blue. I only like to paint them dark colors and sometimes bright ones.

message 43: by Saarah (new)

great! can't wait to see them :) I usually paint my nails black, red, dark blue, or white. or I do french tips :)

message 44: by SmilingDork (new)

I will try and post a pic but they won't be anything amazing just pretty simple

message 45: by Saarah (new)

yay!

message 46: by SmilingDork (new)

Lol

message 47: by Saarah (new)

i'm being serious *mock serious face*

message 48: by SmilingDork (new)

Oh sure you are. *Rolls eyes*

message 49: by Saarah (new)

I am!!

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

I bit my nails once in awhile. It's my old habit.

« previous 1