2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

William Shakespeare's Star Wars: Verily, A New Hope (William Shakespeare's Star Wars, #4)
This topic is about William Shakespeare's Star Wars
. Week 49: A Play > William Shakespeare's Star Wars: Verily, A New Hope by Ian Doescher

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jasmine (pikakejazz) Listened to this whole trilogy on audiobook back in February, before I was fully participating in this group. I'm counting it though since I am so behind on all the other weeks... :( Not a huge fan, but it did help me get through some of the more difficult times of my pregnancy (first trimester nausea) as I had to commute to and from work. So thank you, Ian Doescher for that! I would highly recommend the audiobook format; the voices and sound effects were pretty entertaining.

message 2: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Turcios | 304 comments These books sound so interesting! As I understand (because I haven't read any of them yet) these books tell the same story than the films, but as a play and in rhyme! So cool! I want to read the episode V: The Empire Strikes Back which is my favourite from the whole series.

message 3: by Jasmine (last edited Aug 24, 2015 11:26AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jasmine (pikakejazz) Silvia wrote: "These books sound so interesting! As I understand (because I haven't read any of them yet) these books tell the same story than the films, but as a play and in rhyme! So cool! I want to read the ep..."

Yeah it is written as a play. I don't remember it rhyming a ton, but the whole thing is in Elizabethan English. If you are a super fan of Star Wars, I think it would be really fascinating. I felt so-so about it by the end, but I really enjoyed the novelty of the idea in the beginning. Yoda speaks in haiku, which is pretty cool, too.