Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Need Help with a Title

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1641 comments Mod
I'm going to have a new novella out this holiday season and I need help with a title.

The book takes place in the winter of 1931 in northern WI. The hero just lost everything in the 1929 Crash and the heroine is a pregnant widow.

Here are the ones I've come up with:

In the Heart of Winter
Deep in the Heart of Winter
Longing In Their Winter Hearts
Winter in their Hearts
Winter Homecoming

Any suggestions?

message 2: by Lyn (new)

Here's the back cover blurb

Catching a freight train out of Chicago is no way to spend Christmas Day.

But Will Gustafson has run out of options. The Depression has cost him everything--his classy wife, executive job and high society life. Now he’s heading home to the northwoods of Wisconsin to face the “I told you so’s” he deserves. On the freight train a homeless little boy attaches himself to Will like a lost puppy. Who is the boy and why is he alone?

On the day after Christmas in her Model T, Cass Newton picks up Will and the boy and takes them home with her. Is she crazy? But a new widow, she needs a handyman to help her weather the winter in her isolated cabin. She’s concealed her “delicate” condition from everyone but can’t deceive Will.

A baby is coming and Will wonders how he’ll handle this--when his lady boss refuses to see a doctor. Why for heaven’s sake not? He fights his growing attraction to this good but stubborn woman--so unlike the wife who divorced him. The three of them become an unlikely “family.” Yet what will happen when the snow melts and all their secrets are revealed?

message 3: by Christy (last edited Aug 24, 2015 07:43AM) (new)

Christy "A Season of Change"

message 4: by Lyn (new)

Christy wrote: ""A Season of Change""
I'll add that to the list, Christy!

message 5: by June (new)

June | 366 comments The book sounds wonderful, Lyn. Winter is NOT my favorite season, so titles with winter in them aren't my favorite either. :) Good thing I don't have to come up with titles. I'd not be very good at that job.I'd put Spring in the title!

message 6: by Shannon (last edited Aug 24, 2015 09:22AM) (new)

Shannon Farrington Hi Lyn!
Love the concept. Sounds like a great new story! And I thought I was the only one who had trouble coming up with titles! :) I like Winter Homecoming but I also like Christy's Season of Change.

message 7: by Lyn (new)

Shannon wrote: "Hi Lyn!
Love the concept. Sounds like a great new story! And I thought I was the only one who had trouble coming up with titles! :) I like Winter Homecoming but I also like Christy's Season of C..."

I don't know if any author enjoys coming up with titles. GRUMBLE.

But we must!

I had flirted with THEN CAME SPRING

What do you think?

BTW, I do have a short story collection title TWO SEASONS OF ROMANCE.

message 8: by Janis Kay (last edited Aug 24, 2015 11:21AM) (new)

Janis Kay (riceball1759) | 210 comments Hmm... Your story sounds great by the way:) I'm thinking along the lines of New Year's Beginnings, Season of the Heart... Something having to do with new beginnings and fresh starts... Authors are brainstorming superheroes!

message 9: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 219 comments I like Season of Change or I like In the Heart of Winter, but would change it to just Heart of Winter...combining the season with the desperation they are both probably feeling in their hearts.

message 10: by Penny (new)

Penny Richards | 97 comments Lyn wrote: "I'm going to have a new novella out this holiday season and I need help with a title.

The book takes place in the winter of 1931 in northern WI. The hero just lost everything in the 1929 Crash and..."

IS this for LIH or something you're doing yourself? Just curious. Since they seldom keep anything I send, I don't stress over them anymore. If it's indie, that's another thing, so...what about just WINTER HEARTS?

message 11: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4846 comments When the snow melts.
When the heart melts.

It sounds like a good book.
Then Came Spring reminds me of Janette Okes When comes the spring.

message 12: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Farrington Lyn wrote: "Shannon wrote: "Hi Lyn!
Love the concept. Sounds like a great new story! And I thought I was the only one who had trouble coming up with titles! :) I like Winter Homecoming but I also like Chris..."

You are so right! I think it's hard coming up with one title--let alone a list! I do like "Then Came Spring". I have to agree with what June said. I'm not a fan of winter, either. Maybe spring is the way to go--it just makes you think of love blossoming.

message 13: by Lyn (new)

Penny wrote: "Lyn wrote: "I'm going to have a new novella out this holiday season and I need help with a title.

The book takes place in the winter of 1931 in northern WI. The hero just lost everything in the 19..."

This is an indie title. I'm doing it myself.

message 14: by Lyn (new)

Perhaps UNTIL SPRING?

message 15: by Penny (new)

Penny Richards | 97 comments SPRING'S PROMISE, PROMISE OF SPRING.

message 16: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 219 comments Makes me think of the old Emilie Loring book titled Spring Always Comes. Loved her stories. I discovered them in high school at a second hand bookstore. :-)

message 17: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments I am not really any help, but I don't mind winter titles at all. I love me a good winter story. :)

message 18: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 957 comments I love the sound of this book, Lyn! I'll be watching for it! I love winter books! I like all the suggestions that people have given. The only thing that came to my mind was "A Wisconsin Winter" and that's not very original! Can't wait to read it!

message 19: by Britney (new)

Britney | 230 comments I love the blurb! Winter's Homecoming or Spring's Promise get my vote. :)

message 20: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 517 comments I like "A Season of Change."

message 21: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments You have a sentence that says "When the Snow Melts", I like that for the title. The story sounds great.

message 22: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 235 comments I like A Season of Change, that's got my vote! Can't wait to read this one!

message 23: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 1998 comments Winter Homecoming is good or a Season Of change both catch my attention.

message 24: by Lyn (new)

Today I have a guy cover possibility. Drop by and see what you think. Please?
http://booksbylyncote.com/SWBS/book-r...

message 25: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 1998 comments No to the hero and the girl only if you crop the picture and use the head. I posted this on your web site as well. Hope it helps

message 26: by Janis Kay (new)

Janis Kay (riceball1759) | 210 comments I love your idea, Paula! "When the Snow Melts" sounds lovely:)

message 27: by Janis Kay (new)

Janis Kay (riceball1759) | 210 comments I love your idea, Paula! "When the Snow Melts" sounds lovely:)

message 28: by Lyn (new)

Melinda wrote: "No to the hero and the girl only if you crop the picture and use the head. I posted this on your web site as well. Hope it helps"
It does. Now I understand how hard this stuff is for my editor at LIH!

message 29: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 1998 comments Lyn wrote: "Melinda wrote: "No to the hero and the girl only if you crop the picture and use the head. I posted this on your web site as well. Hope it helps"
It does. Now I understand how hard this stuff is ..."

It is not as easy as I thought . It gives me a new appreciation for the people who have to make these decisions. They have done well with your covers Lyn.
it will be exciting when you decide on the right one.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I love the sound of this story!!

message 31: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments I hope you let us know when you decide the title...Inquiring minds want to know.