The Demented Book Club discussion

All the Bright Places
This topic is about All the Bright Places
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
SEPTEMBER BOTM! > FINCH; I'm awake, day 6 – FINCH; Day 9

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nandini (last edited Sep 10, 2015 08:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nandini (thenabokoveffect) | 77 comments Mod
Discussion Page for the chapters FINCH; I'm awake, day 6 – FINCH; Day 9 of All the Bright Places!
This means that this is the discussion page for all the chapters in between, and including both these chapters.
I recommend putting page markers on all these chapters beforehand so you know when you've reached a point you can discuss about.
Don't read the discussion chats for this group till you've read FINCH; Day 9
There are no chapter numbers in this book, hence the division will have to be like this. Do note that some people might have a different edition or might read the e-version and hence the page numbers might cause a lot of confusion.

Ahh, really, really, really loving this book! When I went into it, I thought it was going to be a very light and fun read because the name sounds pretty happy but then I find out that both the main characters are suicidal. However, it's been done really well! AND GUYS CAN I JUST UGH I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEODORE FINCH OKAY – Violet's not too bad either, pretty relatable actually! Also, the writing style is just gorgeous<3

message 3: by Séjal (new) - added it

Séjal Goel (sejal_herondale) | 7 comments I was slightly hesitant about this book when I initially started it – I thought that Finch's character was a bit overdone and too dramatic for my liking, I was finding Violet irritating and was overall extremely disappointed with the book and wasn't a huge fan of the dark theme. However, I am liking the book so much more now and I am finally understanding Theo and Violet's characters and the whole idea behind the book, so excited to read more of it! Also, I totally agree with Nandini about the writing style! I love how the book is written x :) {and though I wouldn't say that I am obsessed with Theo the way you are YET, I am expecting a lot out of his character and the book now :D}

Sejal wrote: "I was slightly hesitant about this book when I initially started it – I thought that Finch's character was a bit overdone and too dramatic for my liking, I was finding Violet irritating and was ove..."

I think I slightly get what you're saying, however for me, I loved Finch from the very first page. So glad you're liking it better now, though! I love the little conversations Violet and Finch have with each other<3 and how hesitant Violet is in the beginning, it's all so cute!

message 5: by Truelies15 (new) - added it

Truelies15 | 8 comments I didn't know what to expect and now I can say what I got was just amazing!! The scene on the roof and how Finch saves her and then she says those words back to him, to coax him back was too cute. And when he makes Violet the hero! I just couldn't help but like him.
The characters are so different then any other book I've read. Suicidal and broken but each having a different way of handling it. I am just loving this book!!!!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.