2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

The Little Prince
This topic is about The Little Prince
. Week 46: Another Language > The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jody (jodybell) | 531 comments Oh my. I bought this book for my daughter a while back, and it has been sitting on her bookshelf ever since. I decided to add this to this week for a quick, easy read. Quick, yes, easy ... not so much. What a heartbreaking little book - but so very good.

message 2: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new) - added it

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
I read it in highschool and really didn't find anything in the story. Maybe it will be more meaningful as an adult, I'll try to re-read it (or to watch the new movie).

Jody (jodybell) | 531 comments I have to admit, when I read it, I didn't think it would make a good book for kids (even though that's what it apparently is)!

Ana A (anabana_a) | 414 comments Zaz wrote: "I read it in highschool and really didn't find anything in the story. Maybe it will be more meaningful as an adult, I'll try to re-read it (or to watch the new movie)."

That's what I thought the first time I read it. During the second time, I had someone to help me with the symbolism, and I loved it after that.

Silvia Turcios | 304 comments The same happened to me! I read it when I was ten or eleven (I can't remember) and I was like "what? " but then I read it again at seventeen and I couldn't stop to cry :-)

message 6: by Biana (new) - added it

Biana I've thought that maybe it's time to reread this...now that I'm adult. However, I'm horrible at symbolism. Maybe I will read it with Cliff Notes open next to me to explain everything.

Anastasia (anastasiaharris) | 319 comments I originally read this in French class. I know that most of the symbolism escaped me at the time as I was struggle to read in a non native language.

I also remember watching the TV episodes, although out of order. It maybe time to reread this book for next years challenge.

Anastasia (anastasiaharris) | 319 comments I changed my book this week to this one. The story made me smile about how a child sees the world compared to adults. He pokes fun at what we as adults think is so important in our daily lives.

I like how he explains what taming is, and how it effects each of us.