2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Of Mice and Men
This topic is about Of Mice and Men
. Week 40: Made You Cry > Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jody (jodybell) | 531 comments This little book really packed a punch (in the gut). It seems I was lucky to be unaware of the ending of this book - perhaps it's more well-known in the US than Australia, I'm not sure. Such a brilliant book - I really loved it.

Silvia Turcios | 304 comments I read this book a couple of years ago and I cried a lot, when I borrowed this from the library I was surprised to see how short it was :-P

Jody (jodybell) | 531 comments I know! I picked this one up after reading a list somewhere of short classics - and then as soon as I'd finished it, it went onto my list for this week's topic. :)

Rachel (demeter) | 19 comments Really liked this little book. I too was lucky enough to have missed the spoilers so I felt every second of the build up as you figure out what's going to happen. Brilliant little story.

Ana A (anabana_a) | 414 comments The book only almost made me cry, but the movie with Gary Sinise and John Malcovich made me weep buckets even though (or maybe because) I already knew what was gonna happen. You should all watch it.

message 6: by Biana (new) - added it

Biana You know how there are some books or movies that the mere mention of them can conjure up deep feelings all over again? Yeah, this book.

Jenny (pagelady) | 155 comments I know, right? I read this book before I knew the story line. I cried, too. The movie was done well. I love Gary Sinise. John Malcovich is iffy for me, but he did VERY well in this movie.