2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Alice in Wonderland
This topic is about Alice in Wonderland
. Week 50: Banned Book > Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jody (jodybell) | 531 comments Looking through the lists to choose for this week, I found it really interesting to see how many classic books have been banned at some point. I ended up choosing this one, as I hadn't actually read it before (though I was, like most adults, fairly familiar with the story). It was ok, and I'll read the second part (Through the Looking Glass) at some point, but I wasn't as enthralled as I'd hoped to be.

message 2: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new)

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
I found Through the Looking Glass really boring, comparing to Wonderland. Maybe I wasn't in the mood, but the story was not interesting.

message 3: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (gamerkiti) I didn’t think I would enjoy this book as much as I did. I always loved the cartoon while I was growing up and I even thoroughly enjoyed the remake by Tim Burton (but he is my idol after all lol). I think the only part of the book that I thought was a bit rushed was the ending, mainly the last few paragraphs after Alice wakes up and is explaining everything to her sister. I can’t wait to read Through the Looking Glass to see if it is a continuation of the story at all.

Jody (jodybell) | 531 comments I love what I knew of the story too, although I haven't seen the Tim Burton movie yet (I do love him though).

message 5: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new)

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
I love the Tim Burton movie, Alice is great and the story is well paced :)

Sophie (sawphie) I was a bit disappointed by the development of the story, but the characters and the environment are amazing. Tim Burton definitely was the perfect director for this movie!