Kindle British Mystery Book Club discussion

The Moth Catcher (Vera Stanhope #7)
This topic is about The Moth Catcher
New Releases - British Mysteries > The Moth Catcher, by Ann Cleeves

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (last edited Mar 30, 2016 12:40AM) (new)

David Gooch | 4044 comments Mod
The Moth Catcher, by Ann Cleeves

The latest Vera Stanhope novel is released on 10th September 2015.

Book Blurb....
"'This case was different from anything Vera had ever worked before. Two bodies, connected but not lying together. And nothing made her feel as alive as murder.'

Life seems perfect in Valley Farm, a quiet community in Northumberland. Then a shocking discovery shatters the silence. The owners of a big country house have employed a house-sitter, a young ecologist named Patrick, to look after the place while they're away. But Patrick is found dead by the side of the lane into the valley - a beautiful, lonely place to die.

DI Vera Stanhope arrives on the scene, with her detectives Holly and Joe. When they look round the attic of the big house - where Patrick has a flat - she finds the body of a second man. All the two victims have in common is a fascination with moths - catching these beautiful, rare creatures.

Those who live in the Valley Farm development have secrets too: Annie and Sam's daughter is due to be released from prison any day; Nigel watches, silently, every day, from his window. As Vera is drawn into the claustrophobic world of this increasingly strange community, she realizes that there may be deadly secrets trapped here . . ."

UK Amazon link:- http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0...

message 2: by Judith (new)

Judith | 560 comments Well that is good news, I will order it on Friday.

message 3: by David (new)

Interesting that I have just watched Vera that was on the TV this week and it was this book it was based on.

Susan Parry | 8 comments I really enjoyed the book - I also like the TV series but was disappointed by the 'Moth Catcher' adaptation. Difficult to cram such a good story into two hours I guess. Ann Cleeves' 'Shetland' episiode on TV last night was mesmerising though.

message 5: by Judith (new)

Judith | 560 comments It was wasn't it? We are having such treats on the TV just lately, Granchester coming soon too.

message 6: by Nikkiplans99 (new)

Nikkiplans99 | 68 comments I just discovered Granchester on Amazon and really enjoyed it. I read that the next season will be "darker" not sure how I feel about that.

message 7: by Judith (new)

Judith | 560 comments I know what you mean, the original format was really good. I caught up with The Moth Catcher last night.

message 8: by Alice (new)

Alice | 17 comments It's interesting that I can't get The Moth Catcher in the US on Kindle but you can in the UK.

message 9: by David (new)

Alice wrote: "It's interesting that I can't get The Moth Catcher in the US on Kindle but you can in the UK."

It is possible that as this only came out at back end of last year that it was released in the UK first as she is British. Then the release in the US is a little behind that and would start with hardcover first and kindle may be later.

Gaynor (seasian) | 4 comments Susan wrote: "I really enjoyed the book - I also like the TV series but was disappointed by the 'Moth Catcher' adaptation. Difficult to cram such a good story into two hours I guess. Ann Cleeves' 'Shetland' epis..."I absolutely agree Susan, although I didn't catch " the Mothcatcher", I have enjoyed the others.
But talking about the Shetland Series, the actor playing Perez doesn't match up to my imagined image of him. I thought he had Spanish blood, and dark hair.