The Filipino Group discussion

Books, Books, Books > BUYING BOOKS FROM AMAZON AND SHIP VIA POBOX.PH

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Luna (new)

Luna (boohooluna) | 2 comments Hi!

I am thinking about buying books from Amazon and ship it here in the Philippines via POBox.ph. I heard it's cheaper than Johnny Air Cargo since you are just going to pay for the box itself (inclusive of tax, plus no weight limits).

I want to ask if there's anyone in here who have tried that? What can you say about it?

Also, since it will be my first time to buy books from Amazon, will they ship my items together if I cash out in total even if it comes from different sellers?

Hoping to hear from you! :)

message 2: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid (gridni) | 601 comments I haven't
I usually buy from Book Depository, free shipping :)

message 3: by Luna (new)

Luna (boohooluna) | 2 comments Hi Ingrid! I saw TBD, too! But still quite pricey. However, I am thinking about how others can buy a book from TBD with a discount from its originl price (aside from the Bargain) Any ideas? :)

message 4: by Jefferson (new)

Jefferson Mercurio | 1 comments Hi I just want to ask; Im planning to purchase books from TDB. I dont have a credit card nor a PayPal account. I do have a debit card (BDO) though can I use that to pay for the books im planning to order? Someone please help me :)

Stephanie Alexis (heystef) Jefferson wrote: "Hi I just want to ask; Im planning to purchase books from TDB. I dont have a credit card nor a PayPal account. I do have a debit card (BDO) though can I use that to pay for the books im planning to..."

Hey Jefferson!

Unfortunately what you have is a BDO ATM card and isn't going to be accepted, but lots of banks offer credit card alternatives so you can purchase online. For TBD, et al I use my Unionbank EON (Visa) or BPI myePrepaid (Mastercard), whichever has enough funds. Try checking those out.

message 6: by Kitteh (new)

Kitteh (mimikyuu16) | 11 comments Wait... Is it really free? No additional charges?

message 7: by Ryan (new)

Ryan (ryanreyes) | 2 comments Hi Jeff,

You can use your BDO MasterCard for your orders. I was able to proceed with all my transactions.

TBD is quite pricey though and it seems like Amazon is cheaper (delivery charge included) since they also offer discounts from time to time.

message 8: by Francesca (new)

Francesca | 24 comments I recently purchased books from Amazon and Abebooks. :) I bought second-hand ones and I used LBC shipping cart. For 4 books, I paid 1,485 for shipping to my address here in the Philippines.

message 9: by Larayne (new)

Larayne | 0 comments How was the shipping, how long did it take?

Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe (iamkayiee) | 21 comments Larayne Michelle wrote: "How was the shipping, how long did it take?"

With LBC Shipping, it would depend. They do have a tracking function though so you can track your purchase if its still in transit or on your doorstep. They say usually it would be 15-20 days.

Mine has't been that since when I purchased, it took, more than a month because of the holidays and the ban that time on all shipping and air cargo.

message 11: by Anj (new)

Anj (anjdox) Hi. I'm planning to buy books from Barnes and Noble but I'm kinda hesitant since it's my first time to buy something online, baka kasi maharang ng Customs. :( Can you suggest alternatives without having to go through Customs? Thanks :)

message 12: by Von (new)

Von | 22 comments anj wrote: "Hi. I'm planning to buy books from Barnes and Noble but I'm kinda hesitant since it's my first time to buy something online, baka kasi maharang ng Customs. :( Can you suggest alternatives without h..."

Try visiting this page usagoods on Facebook. You can send the website link and ask for a quote. Shipping charges depends if you prefer aircargo or seacargo. Its legit. I've actually bought books and apparels there. Hope that helps

message 13: by Miss_irene (new)

Miss_irene | 29 comments consider ordering from bookdepository

message 14: by Kaiye (last edited Jun 08, 2018 06:10PM) (new)

Kaiye (kaiyeyots) | 5 comments Luna wrote: "Hi Ingrid! I saw TBD, too! But still quite pricey. However, I am thinking about how others can buy a book from TBD with a discount from its originl price (aside from the Bargain) Any ideas? :)"

Hi, Luna. I just put the books I want on a wish list and wait. There are times when the title may have a price drop. If it's on your wish list, you'll get a notification email about it. Also, Book Depository periodically sends discount vouchers (as much as 5-10% off) to their members. You can take advantage of that. :)

message 15: by Mervilyn (new)

Mervilyn (mervmerv) | 1 comments Hi. I order on the book depository and wordery. Both free world wide shipping. It took at least a month before it gets here. I claimed my books at post office and didn't pay anything. I paid using my paymaya e-card by the way. I loaded some cash to it via 7-11. Hope it helps.

message 16: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (kristynnah) | 7 comments Hello there.

I have already bought 8 books from bookdepository. My first four books arrived 2 months ago. I had to pick them up at the post office and pay 224 pesos for two packages: one box with three books and one parcel with one book.. I think here in Bacoor Cavite they charge for "storage" or something like that. TSK TSK TSK!

My next four books will probably arrive next month since they got dispatched from the UK only yesterday. I'm not sure if I will be charged again but I'll comment an update here once I get my books.

And yes, free delivery. But I'm afraid there are no other ways to get bigger discounts. Along with my first books they gave me a 10% off coupon that I can use if I buy books on the Thank-You list. But heaven knows even if I used the coupon the prices of the books on that list would still be much higher than those of the books on Bargains list. So what I do is I go to Bargains and then click on several books. Because if you keep clicking on books on that list you will eventually see other cheap ones, many of them under $5 or at least not more than $5.5. All the 4 books I'm waiting to receive are not on Bargains, but they are cheap. One is only $4. Hope that helps.

message 17: by Kaiye (new)

Kaiye (kaiyeyots) | 5 comments For anyone who wants to try Book Depository, now might be a good time. They have a special discount going for Philippine customers until October 21. Check it out here: https://www.bookdepository.com/PH10 :)

message 18: by Al (new)

Al Cadondon | 6 comments Hi, I want to introduce myself before making a comment about buying a book from Amazon. I am a published author of romance novels; "The Young Sailor; a memoir of love and adventure published 10/26/2017 and also wedding vow; Love Whisper, " published 10/08/2018. I am planning to take a vacation there in Manila. I am from Zambales. I want to share my books with members of the group that join the group discussions in my presence sometimes this coming January. To members in Manila and Olongapo city I can buy a book for you from amazon.com and Barnes and Noble. One book for a member. Please let me know. Visit my website www.alcadondon.com. My e-mail acadondon@aol.com.

message 19: by Paul (new)

Paul Ramos (heyitspaul) | 3 comments Jefferson wrote: "Hi I just want to ask; Im planning to purchase books from TDB. I dont have a credit card nor a PayPal account. I do have a debit card (BDO) though can I use that to pay for the books im planning to..."

You can opt on getting a Paymaya card or a Gcash card! :)